Hacking POLL: Wii U vs Xbox One (please, it's not about performance comparison)

Wii U and Xbox One future

• Total voters

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well... u know what i mean...

Xbox One is not hackable yet.. maybe we can call it "holy grail"

Wii U is hackable, but not 100% region free.. to play backup games, is not "plug n play" like Wii console

please give your vote for the future of both console..

#makeanyconsolegamesgreatagain

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
When we take away all games that were also released on the Wii or the Switch, and the multiplatform titles, does the Wii U have any games worth buying the whole console for? I don't think it has a "future" outside of collections and museums.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
When we take away all games that were also released on the Wii or the Switch, and the multiplatform titles, does the Wii U have any games worth buying the whole console for? I don't think it has a "future" outside of collections and museums.
I know a lot of people who use it as a general emulation box, considering it can play every Nintendo console except the 3DS and Switch

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The same can be said about SNES. It's all on emulators now. Only collectors would care about it.

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Wii U is the ultimate homebrew machine, its really great to play backwards.
but idk why, i feel little bit laggy when playing wii games on wiiu.. so i prefer a real wii console

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow dude, xbox one is great console!
but as long as you have a great gaming pc, xbox one its not worth it + (*we can get easy free games on pc*)

Some console become more useful once they are hackable, for example the PS Vita, the system was so dead prior to 3.60 CFW.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
yes, mostly nintendo exclusive on switch, is recycling from wiiu
the exclusive wiiu game is: wii prty u, wii fit u, mario party 10, and many more
I found a list of WiiU-only games, that aren't available on other consoles. There are 35 games (although I don't think Twilight Princess HD should count):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wii_U-only_games

All other titles are available on other consoles, and my initial question was, are these 34 titles worth it?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found a list of WiiU-only games, that aren't available on other consoles. There are 35 games (although I don't think Twilight Princess HD should count):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wii_U-only_games

All other titles are available on other consoles, and my initial question was, are these 34 titles worth it?
Every Pushmo game is worth playing. I heard Fast Racing Neo is a solid F-Zero type game. There are some others on that list that are supposed to be decent but aren't my kind of game. Another one that isn't on the list is ZombiU, which was eventually ported to other platforms but without the asymmetrical multiplayer mode using the gamepad which was supposed to be decent. Not sure if there are many other games that would fall into that alternate category of not being unique to Wii U, but being better on Wii U. I know Nintendo deliberately nerfed BOTW by not giving it a map on the gamepad so it wouldn't be superior to the Switch version.

I see Dr Luigi on the list. I was pondering this the other night - Mario and Luigi's surname is Mario, so even if they both did genuinely earn medical degrees, which I have my doubts about, Luigi would still be known formally as Dr Mario.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I see Dr Luigi on the list. I was pondering this the other night - Mario and Luigi's surname is Mario, so even if they both did genuinely earn medical degrees, which I have my doubts about, Luigi would still be known formally as Dr Mario.
He doesn't like formalities. Or maybe he's cultivating an approachable persona in the media, like Dr Oz, Dr Phil, or Dr Nick:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead