Hardware [Poll] Wii U Owners: Any of you actually used the app 'Wii U Chat'?

As a Wii U owner have you ever used the app 'Wii U Chat'?

• Yes

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • What is that?

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm just curious because this is one of Wii U's features which could've been great had it supported Skype but no, since it's limited to Wii U consoles only it limits its usability.

CCTuIfi.jpg

From what I recall I used once in 2013 although that was only to try it out and see what it was about.

D

Deleted User

I don't have a Wii U, but if I did, then I probably would use it from time to time.
Not voting on the poll since I don't have a Wii U.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't even know it existed. Is it in US consoles? I am 500 miles away so I can't check.

Why would I bother with another closed chat system. Face time is bad enough.

Pachirisudo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, I made one call. To someone in the same house as me :P
Maybe i'd use it if you could use it in game, but the load time makes it pointless.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Once again, another ill designed feature of the wii u. The camera is located on the gamepad. So this makes having the TV turned on absolutely pointless. Why even show the image on the TV when you constantly have to be looking down at the gamepad?

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I cant't call anyone cause they don't go online with the WiiU for the sake of some exploit. :lol:

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I've used it a few times. I liked that I could call someone even when they were playing another game. I stopped using it because I became really good friends with person's family (Monster Hunter brings people together :)) and we started communicating far more through Skype and facebook.

Edit: Speaking of MH bringing people together, I remember randomly being joined in a room with someone from this forum. He knew me because of all my constant bitching*.

* Foxi4 can I get an amen?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've used it a few times. I liked that I could call someone even when they were playing another game. I stopped using it because I became really good friends with person's family (Monster Hunter brings people together :)) and we started communicating far more through Skype and facebook.

Edit: Speaking of MH bringing people together, I remember randomly being joined in a room with someone from this forum. He knew me because of all my constant bitching*.

* Foxi4 can I get an amen?
Amen bruv, nogaems4lyfe. :P

Wasn't me. :ninja:

Reactions: JoostinOnline

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Never even opened the app, and now that I know it doesn't support text, I never will.
Once again, another ill designed feature of the wii u. The camera is located on the gamepad. So this makes having the TV turned on absolutely pointless. Why even show the image on the TV when you constantly have to be looking down at the gamepad?
It's designed so that if you prefer to look at it on the TV you can use the gamepad stand to position it somewhere with the camera facing towards you. It's actually not a bad idea, and I'd rather have that than yet another peripheral that needs to be hooked up and yet another wire dangling around my TV.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I totally forgot about this feature. Then again, with zero friends buying the bloody console and me already using various other means of communication (skype), I fail to see the use.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The TV isn't pointless at all. If you want to use the Wii U GamePad as a webcam, you can hook up a capture card on your TV. You actually need the TV so it has to be turned on for this.
Then, start the capture card software if you started the Wii U chat to see yourself. Do a screen share on Skype with the people you're talking to, and VOILA!!!!
TV isn't pointless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"