[Poll] Wich do you like the most?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bjorno, Jun 24, 2010.

?

Wich brick do you like the most?

1. Bannerbrick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Operabrick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No signal brick/Fullbrick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No system menu brick (installed sys menu 1st then ios :P)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 24, 2010
  1. bjorno
    OP

Member bjorno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Real poll =D
    edit: Note by *liking* its more like hating lol.

2. Marc1994

Member Marc1994 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Why do you want to know this?

3. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    wierd

4. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Yaay banner bricks. It's easy as hell to make a funky wad and blackscreen the System Menu, and yet also exceedingly easy to fix.

5. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Bannerbrick is my favorite, only because it's easy to fix when you get one.

A missing SM is a pain even with bootmii/boot2 (assuming you lack a backup), since you have to go to the hassle of putting setting.txt back.

As for methods to get bricks...I've seen too many n00bs turn off consoles during official updates, and get a $200 paperweight as the result. It's hard to not laugh at the idiots stupid enough to do that.

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I've never had a brick (unless you count "boot the wii without the SD card (that contains a priiloader-bootable forwarder)" as a brick). I guess I'm too careful with things.

...But the most fun I get is from people who hacked their wii's in the stone age, followed some obscure guides for no reason, ignored some steps they didn't thought were necessary and also suffer from early Alzheimer when it comes to describing what they did.
    (the peeps whose neighbor's cousin's girlfriend's cleaning lady's son's dog's father updated the wii when the owner looked away get a second place)

Well...the MOST fun I had with a brick was some guy who more or less claimed an unorthodox way to fix a brick. Basically, he had a black screen after tinkering with it and couldn't get his wii to boot anymore. Because he had the HBC, he didn't dare to send it to nintendo, so he poured some water over it, in the hope of destroying it enough to make the NAND physically unreadable (without voiding the wii's warranty)

However...when he turned on the wii some hours later for a final test, the wii actually worked (of course, this was because the black screen was caused by some overheating, and the water not touching any vital parts). So even though he got quite some flak from other forum members for the dangers of mixing electric appliances and water, he was lucky.
    He also set a new record for n00bness, as far as I'm concerned. I mean...the guy actually failed bricking his wii. [​IMG]

7. Drag0nflamez

Member Drag0nflamez GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    lol, why didn't he just put the power plug upside down in his wii? it will fry the wii, and hopefully doesn't cause the whole neighbourhood to be without any power.

8. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    if he wanted to send the wii back to ninty then why was he trying to fry his HDD? thats just fail all the way really as wii's dont come with HDD's well publically

9. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I never got bricked.

So... I've never used any of those.

10. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Oops...that's my bad. I meant the NAND. [​IMG]