[Poll] Which Windows OS do you use?

Which Windows OS are you currently using?

• Windows Vista

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Windows 8 (+ 8.1)

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Windows 10

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The reason Windows Vista is part of this list is simply because it's still has extended support until 2017 so for whatever users still using (what is wrong with them?! :P) then can continue to do so until it expires. As of a couple days now I've upgraded to Windows 10 (plus another laptop) and both of them run even better than before, i.e, smoother and quicker than Windows 7 (still a great Windows OS don't get me wrong).

Farewell, Windows 7. ;)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mainly Windows 7, I upgraded my Surface to 10 pretty much right away and I like it so far, but I mainly use my laptop. I'm not so sure my laptop will handle it because the Intel/AMD switchable graphics are really funky and it doesn't take much to make it BSOD loop on me. I'll give it some time to see if other people with similar hardware get it to work fine.
My media PC has a couple TV tuners, which I don't know if will work on 10, but I will be trying it out pretty soon, since it's in dire need of a Windows reinstall anyway. If it doesn't work I'll just reinstall 7.
As for my desktop, it's fine staying on 7 for the foreseeable future, I only use it for the occasional Steam in-home streaming and file storage anyways.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My hp envy recline 23 came with windows 8, i updated my computer to 8.1 and months ago i installed windows 10 , now im running yosemite and windows 8.1 thanks to clover

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Happy using windows 10 (my network seems more stable now, just went dissabling my privacy settings (that was a bit annoying), but everything seems to work better here on my 2 laptops).

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
They shouldn't, though. It's not supported any more.
just because a product\service is not supported by a company, it doesn't mean you should stop using it...
i know its insecure, no security updates blablabla
but it's still good stuff... specially if you got old hardware that still suits your needs...

loco365

Trophies
XP
8 came OEM on my laptop, and after I started using Windows 10, I really began to hate Windows 8 because it was missing so many things. I immediately updated as soon as Windows 10 was made available through Windows Update and haven't looked back since.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
8 came OEM on my laptop, and after I started using Windows 10, I really began to hate Windows 8 because it was missing so many things. I immediately updated as soon as Windows 10 was made available through Windows Update and haven't looked back since.
can you go in more detail? i never used 8... had seen it, but never bothered to try it

loco365

Trophies
XP
can you go in more detail? i never used 8... had seen it, but never bothered to try it
Well, the settings was all sorts of fucked up because half of it was in a dedicated Settings app, while the rest of it was in the traditional Windows Control Panel. It made finding some options a bit of a hassle. The login screen was also plain as hell, although being able to customize its color was nice. The Start screen was also very awkward to use if you were using a mouse, which made navigation a bit difficult. As well, it was sometimes difficult to make the charms appear with the mouse in my usage, and the lack of a proper Start Menu (That button they added did jack shit) just made for an overall terrible UI. I remember trying a really old leaked version of Windows 8 when it was still very similar to Windows 7 and it was really nice back then, but all the UI changes they made, including removing Aero, just showed all the mistakes they made when trying to make Windows into a better touch-based OS. They tried to change things up but ultimately failed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol