Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They both fizzled for me. I had way more fun playing both Wind Waker and Breath of the wild, than either of those two.

I am excited to be able to replay Skyward Sword soon though. With Twilight Princess I was able to play the gamecube and Wii U version. Never been able to replay Skyward Sword without the motion controls.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's strange to think of the two Wii Zelda games together. Twilight Princess was an attempted return-to-form after Wind Waker pissed off (mostly Western) fans of darker Zelda games. Skyward Sword was a relatively ambitious entry that warped the Zelda gameplay formula to its limit - I'd argue Breath of the Wild abrogated that formula.

What I think both Wii Zeldas have in common is stumbling in their core plot/climax. But otherwise they're very different Zelda games. Twilight Princess has some fantastic, traditional Zelda dungeons. It also has relatively poor wolf fetch quest interruptions.

Skyward Sword essentially extended its dungeons out into the world and thereby significantly changed the game's pace. In a way it has "two" overworlds. The skies aren't very interesting compared to the Great Sea in Wind Waker. But the areas below, outside the dungeons are unlike nearly any other Zelda game for the density of activities and puzzles for you to address. The dungeons themselves that follow feel less distinct, but that's not necessarily a criticism. Skyward Sword's design intentionally blurs the line between dungeon and not.

I think I ultimately prize the ambition of Skyward Sword over the attempted reconstruction of Twilight Princess. But that may well be because its tougher to equal Ocarina of Time, as TP intended, than it is to make something new, as SS intended.

Last edited by Exidous,

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like them both, but Skyward Sword is my favorite.

Twilight Princess is a GameCube game, by the way. It felt like an Ocarina of Time remake to me, and that's a good thing, even though it's less original than Wind Waker. Wind Waker is a better game in my opinion, by the way.

Skyward Sword is a breath of fresh air in the series, one that I loved to complete. The beginning is daunting, too long. I remember thinking that speedruns and replays would be annoying with the slow start.

Growing up my favorite Zeldas were OoT, then WW, then SS and now BotW. BotW was an unique experience, I can't imagine anything topping it off.

Danska101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Twilight Princess is one of my favourite Zelda games (perhaps because it was the first one I played), while I've still not managed to finish Skyward Sword. In fact, I haven't even come close, largely due to the motion controls. I'm looking forward to the Switch release as maybe I'll actually be able to play it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: