POLL - What Type of Grand Theft Auto - Chinatown Wars What Perspective

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by gov78, Jul 16, 2008.

?

What Perspective Do You Want

1. Top Down - Classic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3rd Person - The Here and Now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Isometric - Something New

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other - Please state

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gov78
    OP

Member gov78 Ha made you Look

United Kingdom
    So iv seen loads of ppl speculating about what the actual perspective of GTA:CTW is gunna be so i thought id set up a poll seeing what ppl WANT.

2. Endogene

Member Endogene GBAtemp Fan

France
    im a big fan of the first gta, so i vote top down, driving feels really rad in that perspective

edit:also i dont know if they could manage to pull of a really big city if thay did it in 3D on the ds

3. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I think something like driver on the gba is what it will or should look like but with better graphics

paul

4. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    3rd Person, that would rock [​IMG]

5. Calafas

Member Calafas GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hopefully will be the classic birdseye top down view, the new bond game is isometric/thirdperson, and it looks fairly horrible. [​IMG]

6. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    I wanna 3rd Person, but Top down also... if I have to choose I say 3rd Person, since everyoneelse can always play GTA Advance, and it would be a total waste, but if they could incoperate 2 views it should be 3rd and top for fun.

But for the hell of it: NO ISO, the DS deserves better, Iso will never work with GTA, it just worked with Max Payne because it was mission based instead of GTA's much more complicated free roaming.

I guess if EA's skate it looks so awesome Rockstargames should be able to look super good !

7. Try2bcool

Member Try2bcool GBAtemp Fan

United States
    3D driving games always sucks on DS...always.

Top down is the only way to go.

8. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    i dont really care as long as you can mess around and shoot stuff, but not affect the storyline.

9. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    Maybe topdown view when driving and 3rd person when outside.. Either way, one way or the other, it's going to be limited.

10. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I never liked the top down view... it feels to limiting... enemies see me before i see them just because of the weird and kind of close top down... :S I hope it'll be a good 3d-ish one... like the THPS! it was smooth and still looked great [​IMG]

11. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    they will guarantee its suck by making it 3d, in any way, that ninja gaiden type won't work with GTA.

12. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I'd go for that but I don't care as long as I can just have some mindless fun for hours with it.

I'm expecting one screen will be overhead (but more simplified) and another 3rd person. My only concern with 3D 3rd person games on the DS is that they mostly fail hard & tend to hurt the thumbs more.

Rockstar should make this above average anyway, its not as if it won't sell but they do like to have a decent reputation. Either way it cannot be as bad as the two GBC titles that Tarantula Studios did.

13. CyrusVN

Newcomer CyrusVN Advanced Member

Australia
    Top-down all the way!

I don't like 3D games on DS :|

14. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I hope it's between top down and third person.

so the camera is zoomed out, but still at an angle, and rotates with the player instead of keeping everything straight

15. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    Not as difficult as you think, if you've played a game called Driver 3 on the GBA, it's very similar to GTA and is in 3D and uses 3rd person perspective, and it has tonnes of roaming space! The city is pretty big if you'd ask me, I remember driving for a very long time and not reaching the end. If that can be pulled of on the GBA, then why not on the DS?

16. Kuya

Newcomer Kuya Advanced Member

United States
    Well, the way I see it, it cant be top down because thats too old for Nintendo to revive, and it cant be 1st person because that would be MURDER with the DS´s choppy graphics... so Im just gonna wait and see on this one.

17. MagNetCZ

Member MagNetCZ GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    I voted top-down because that way it can look way better than in 3rd person. Skate it might look lovely but there's pretty much nothing else than you and the surroundings, I recall some lowpoly cars on some screens but that's all, however GTA NEEDS pedestrians and having those populate the streets in sufficient numbers in 3rd person needs a hardware much stronger than the of the DS unless they're sprites :/

18. matrix121391

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Maybe it's just me, but I thought the Transformer games were pretty decent and it was third person. In my opinion, it was very well done. I really think they can pull it off with this new GTA. And plus, the Transformer games were only 64mb. Wonder what they could do with a full 128. And that's not even to say that some japanese games go over 200mb.

19. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    exactly what point I was trying to make in another thread.. They've done it before so why not again. [​IMG]

20. Kaan

Member Kaan GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Who says that space is the only thing that matters?
    Not even the PSP version, with a much better hardware, felt anything like GTA... it was like driving around in gokarts in Ghostcities with too bad graphics to bear. I mean hey if you are going to do 3d then please dont make everything else look like people made out of boxes....

seriously? Topdown is the only way Rockstar Games could save their reputation. Plus they are pretty new to DS-Land... i wonder if its going to be any good at all. Maybe all we get to do are plain minigames *shudders*

dont expect a GTA San andres to go...