[Poll]What is the most enjoyable game you've ever played?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Tonitonichopchop, May 8, 2011.

1. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Since I figure every video game forum has a poll of "What are your top ten games?" or similar, I had a little idea to ask a different question.

What is the most enjoyable video game you have ever played? Keep in mind that this is quite a bit different from what you consider the best game of all time since the game you like may have obvious flaws, but you still found it incredibly fun to play.

The most enjoyable game I've ever played is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door on gamecube. To this day, I've beaten it 5 times and I'm even working on the 6th. Something about it just clicks with me that makes me want to keep playing it. The graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is fun and simple, and the story and dialogue are smart and hilarious. !Spoiler!
    I especially enjoyed the chapter when you ride the Excess Express to Poshley Heights. Everything from the Smorg to how the mystery with the bomb unfolds is hilarious and intriguing, and the atmosphere in the train is unquestionably brilliant.

2. tommzy2

Newcomer tommzy2 Advanced Member

Australia
    Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas

Such a big place to Walk/Run/Drive/Ride/Fly/Swim around. Always something to do, a good storyline, great voice acting. The places were detailed very well. Deserts, Country, Ghetto, Hills, City, Suburbs, cars, bikes, planes, helicopters, boats.

Alot of things to do. Very good game. played it for a long time. still my favourite game of all time.

3. tester28

Newcomer tester28 Member

United Kingdom
    well i would have to say dynasty warriors: gundam

most people dont like dynasty warriors because it's "to repetitive"well that doesnt bother me.
    this game lets you fight HUGE armies,and is cutting down a group of giant mechs running toward u much more fun than picking them off one by one
    with a sniper rifle well i say yes.
    i dont care what anyone says im going to enjoy this game and others like it till the day i drop
    (and any one who tries to convince me other wise can go to hell)

4. Waflix

Member Waflix El Psy Congroo

Netherlands
    Final Fantasy III and Pokémon Diamond.
    If I had to choose, I would choose for Final Fantasy III.
    I am still playing, because I didn't beat them yet. Pokémon is actaually almost unbeatable, and I've already played about 250 hours. You just can keep playing, stop for a month, and play again.
    Final Fantasy III is a game that isn't that hard to beat, but it just stays fun.

5. DeathStrudel

Member DeathStrudel GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Definitely Okami.
    It's one of the best games I've played in a while and by far the most enjoyable.
    It has just about everything; great story, beautiful graphics, and awesome gameplay.
    I even bought the Wii port just to experience the game in a different way from the original PS2 version.
    Okamiden disappointed me tho [​IMG]

6. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Which Final Fantasy III? you mean III (VI), III (NES), or III (DS)?

Obviously my favorite games are the MOTHER series. some of the best, most engrossing, tear jerking, sexy, crazy, awesome-fun games ever conceived. I can't choose one over another! MOTHER 1, MOTHER 2, and MOTHER 3 are all brilliant!

7. Waflix

Member Waflix El Psy Congroo

Netherlands
    I mean the DS version, but what is the 'VI'-version?

8. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I would have to say the one game in this world I have played the most, beaten the most, found the most secrets and such, would have to be Yoshi's Island. I have played that game since I was about 4 or 5 and still love every minute of it.
    The next game still needs to be said and that's Eternal Darkness. It's the only other game that I could play for hours upon hours playing and never grow bored of it.

But if I am forced to choose between them, I would say Yoshi's Island still wins.

On the SNES, Americans got Final Fantasy 6, but because we didn't have 2, 3, and 5, so they called it Final Fantasy 3 instead.
    Much like when Final Fantasy 4, when it came to America they named it Final Fantasy 2

9. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

I think I'd say Zelda the wind waker.
    Or MGS 2.. Or MGS 3... it's a tough choice.
    I only play games I really, really enjoy.

10. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Pokemon HeartGold. I loved every moment of it.

11. naved.islam14

Member naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sri Lanka

12. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Pokemon Ruby
    Twilight Princess
    Resident Evil 4
    FIFA World Cup 2010
    MW2

CANNOT DECIDE!!

13. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Best competitive party game there is.
    Playing it with three other people with prizes at stake == awesome

14. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    I wouldn't be able to pick just one game that I enjoyed the most, since I like too many genres.

I love Metal Gear games, be it the classic ones or the Solid series. Definatelly my favourite Stealth games.

I enjoyed Pokemon Yellow to the point where the game clock stopped, since it reached the maximum value. Other Pokemon games failed to impress me though.

Unreal Tournament and Counter Strike were the online shooters that I played the most. They defined the genre and still have a soft spot in my heart. Nowadays I play Goldeneye007 on the DS and Call of Duty games on the other consoles. I especially enjoyed Modern Warfare Reflex Edition and Modern Warfare 2.

Mario Kart Advance was the racing game I was most fond of, but much like in the case of Pokemon, other games in the series failed to impress me. Maybe I grew too old to enjoy the plumber. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 1/2 is what I enjoy from the more "adult-oriented" racing games.

Sonic games in general is something I love with all my heart. If I were to pick the ones I enjoyed the most, it'd be Sonic Adventure 2: Battle which I find the most brilliant port of all time and Sonic Shuffle, which was a really pleasant Dreamcast "party game", surpassing Mario Party in every aspect.

As far as J-RPG is concerned, I enjoy Final Fantasy titles, with Final Fantasy 8 and 3+4-Remake on the pedestal. Back in the GBA days I played Golden Sun, but the DS version didn't immerse me... YET! I still have to finish it. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor is also really pleasant, but it strays more towards the strategy aspect.

Tactical Strategies... Gorky17. Defined the genre for me. Say what you will, Jagged Alliance can hide in the bushes when confronted by this highly underrated game. PLAY IT NOW.

Starcraft is definatelly my favourite RTS. There's not much to say about this game - it's forever alive.

Western RPG's... What can I say? Fallout/Fallout 2. Baldur's Gate 1/2 aswell. From the the more recent titles, Gothic series. All these games left a permanent mark on me and they're all godsend.

H.A.W.X (Played the Wii version, my PC can't pull off the PC one XD) and Ace Combat are my favourite flight sims. They grasp the idea that Video Games are supposed to be fun, and realism is something that can spoil the fun in excess.

Mecha simulators... hmm... Armored Core and MechWarrior games. All fantastic, all worth trying.

Point & Click adventure... Monkey Island 3 - definition of the genre yet again. Other than that, Another Code and Another Code R. FANTASTIC adventures. Hotel Dusk is great too. And of course Ace Attorney, with a thick arrow pointing at the Investigations which I enjoyed the most out of the lot.

Visual Novel... 999. No question about it. Just... 999.

MMO's - Lineage 2 and Phantasy Star 0 (if it can be conscidered an MMO, lol). Currently preparing to play Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine. I hope it'll be good, I hope it'll be goooood X3 Screw WOW - there are so many better games in the genre than this mass of overgrown men and women in excessive armor.

Surely I missed some great games, but at least I can be 100% that the ones I mentioned are dear to me.

15. adamshinoda

Member adamshinoda GBAtemp Regular

Vietnam
    Metal Gear Solid series, Pokemon, WarioWare series, Rhythm Tengoku series, Guitar Hero/Rock Band....
    I can't remember how many times I finished those games [​IMG]

16. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    The below are several games I find enjoyable.
    • Portal 2
    • Every Mario & Luigi RPG game
    • Rhythm Heaven
    • Elite Beat Agents
    • Professor Layton and the Curious Village
    • Zelda: Spirit Tracks
    • Mario Kart Wii
    There's a lot more but that's all I can remember.

17. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Its really, really tough to decide.. but I would have to go for Pokemon Red/Blue [​IMG]!
    That nostalgic feeling.. lol

18. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    agree on that one... POKEMON RED! [​IMG]

19. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Well, there are different types of games that could fall under "Most enjoyable".

Most fun (Short term) - Wii Sports Resort. Even though it isn't a "quality" game, and is very simple, I've never had so much fun playing a video game in my life.

Most fun (Long term) - World of Warcraft. Played it for so many years, and met/knew many, many people on it. While it probably would have been better if I never touched the game, I have so many great memories with that game.

There are a bunch of games I could pick that would go under sub-categories of "enjoyable", but eh. I'll just leave it at that.

20. adamshinoda

Member adamshinoda GBAtemp Regular

Vietnam
    These are some more games that have just popped out in my mind:
    Chrono Trigger, Mario Kart series, Super Mario Bros and Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros series [​IMG]