Hacking [Poll] What firmware are you going to be on when CFW is expected to release?

What firmware are you staying on (or updating to)?

• Total voters

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sadly what is needed to pull of the bootrom exploit does not seem to be stated publicly. I assume a kernel exploit is "all" that's needed. If so, I assume it will be save to just roll with the updates. Eventually shortly after CFW release, a kernel and user mode exploit for the new firmware will pop up ... KASLR or not.

That said, if not a hardware mod will pop up.

Since nothing will be released unless the CFW is "done" :glare: I will just roll with the updates and enjoy the games.

Online play and copyright infringement will take even longer to get figured out (safely). So to many holding out for that - I would not be too excited. Many moons will pass. (Offline play no issue thou.)

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My target is 4.1.0, unless something really good is released before CFW to sway my decision (Smash). But I still have Bayonetta 1 and 2 to finish before then, so if it really is released in Summer '19 then I should be alright.

each game takes approx 6~8 hours... summer is still ways ahead ;)

D

Deleted User

I was on FW 2.3 but then in a moment of impatience and stupidity I accidentally updated to 3.01, this was before CFW for >OFW2.3 was announced. Then I was like fuck it, no CFW for me so I updated to 4.1.0 so I could download game updates for the games I had. A few weeks later CFW for 4.1.0 was announced and now I'm being a lot more careful not to update because CFW on 5.x will be more complicated to install.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan to do exactly what I did with the 3DS; wait until CFW becomes a simple, nearly-foolproof process available on all firmwares. Until then, I like having a game console and not a paperweight, so I'll be on the latest firmware version.

I don't buy my consoles with the expectation of hacking them, and if that ever becomes a realistic possibility, that's great, but even if it never does, it's not a problem.

Reactions: Onibi

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not everyone has all the time in the world...

from your list of systems, you seem to have plenty of time for researching, hacking, setup and maintenance, installing a ridiculous surplus of ram on a tiny board. could squeeze some time in there to play those super short and not so very wothwhile games ;) (at least bayonetta 1 felt like a waste of time)

Reactions: Maximilious

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1 and I'm just going to stay here
Not everyone has all the time in the world...
Plus I've personally spend a few hundred plus hours on Bayonetta 1 (I had 80 hours in the ps3 version, 40 hours in the wii u vers, and now I have about 15+ hours in the switch version), and I'm still not tired of it but that's just me :P it all just depends on the person, everyone has a varying amount of time spent on a video game, that should be obvious. How much time someone spends on a game just depends on how much the person enjoys playing it (other factors can come into play too lol but whatev), and if you enjoy a game a lot then you'll find yourself getting many hours out of it

Reactions: Maximilious

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My target is 4.1.0, unless something really good is released before CFW to sway my decision (Smash). But I still have Bayonetta 1 and 2 to finish before then, so if it really is released in Summer '19 then I should be alright.

Im pretty sure smash is getting released this year(in fact nintendo have confirmed it), its a definite showing at E3. CFW on 4.1 might mean homebrew, but I wouldn't expect to be pirating games on 4.1 for at least another couple of years, if thats what your holding up for.

Last edited by Jackson98,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-