Hacking [Poll] What firmware are you going to be on when CFW is expected to release?

What firmware are you staying on (or updating to)?

• Total voters

Salazar-DE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With the advent of a CFW release this summer and information about which system firmwares are expecting to get CFW, I figured I would make a little poll for us stats junkies :)

Reactions: CatmanFan

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Whichever one is the newest at the time. If CFW supports the latest firmware, I'll use the CFW, If TX's effort is the only one that supports the latest firmware, I'll grudingly go with that. I'd rather support the community solution, but it depends what works with what I have.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My target is 4.1.0, unless something really good is released before CFW to sway my decision (Smash). But I still have Bayonetta 1 and 2 to finish before then, so if it really is released in Summer '19 then I should be alright.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SwitchBru DNS because I have an interesting setup involving internet, but I guess I'll have to stave off Star Allies and online Pokken for a while.

...god dammit why did my friend have to update the thing... at least it's just 4.1

Raynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll stay on 4.1.0 until we know how much harder it is to get the CFW/Homebrew installed on 5.0+. If I just have to buy a stupid game from gamestop to get it working, then I will probably update for game updates (looking at you upcoming Stardew Valley update, you better be working on 4.1 through a friends switch) or some new games from the eShop.

Reactions: Sonansune

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.0.0 master race. We get cool homebrew, where you have to hit + and - just to save your game, if your emulator doesn't crash first! :P

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant believe more than half the sub forum cant even run the current hax0rs hombrew on their switch...(not that they are missing much yet....)

D

Deleted-442439

Staying on 4.1.0 unless we get a public exploit confirmed working on the newest FW that also makes CFW possible.

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me personally, I'll be on the highest firmware always. With every console, i put being able to play my games over the possibility of CFW - if something comes out when I get my switch that works on whatever is the newest FW, i'll use that. If not, oh well.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd vote for your lower firmware Switch, since if you have two Switches it's safe to assume the lower firmware is for hacking and higher firmware is for new games and online play.
If you wanted, you could allow up to two responses and add an option for "I also have another switch on most recent FW"

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

My switch came with it, Mario works on it, playing that and then I have a huge backlog of stuff on other platforms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-