Hardware Poll: What do you think of the Switch?

What do you think of the Switch?

• Looks great! I'm definitely interested

Votes: 762 55.8%
  • Intriguing, but I'll wait to know more before I make up my mind

Votes: 467 34.2%
  • Not really interested, I don't see the appeal

Votes: 64 4.7%
  • WTF Nintendo? what is this crap

Votes: 73 5.3%

• Total voters

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks great. Its what the wii u should of been.
Gald its not freaken call "wii something"
Nintendo switch sounds cool. And people cant confuse it with something else.

I do wonder of the screen is touch screen or not.
If its not that would kinda be a play, since dev wont try to make crappy controls for it.
And love that its has the ablity to play with another system wireless.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo switch is supposed to have Skyrim so I hope they also put fallout 4. Also wii u vc seems definite so I'm really looking forward to this. Modding btw might have to use hard drive instead of sd. I hope 3ds is also a compatable cpntroller and you can transfer your games

rad3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My initial reaction is that I love it and want one.

I'm curious to see how the device handles wear and tear. Like how are things looking by the 2000th time you put those controller grips on the screen 5 years from now?

Reactions: Deleted User

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i just have 1 thing to say...
what the actual fuck with this tiny controllers?
SWITCH1.PNG

SWITCH2.PNG

Anyways . The console design looks good (except these controllers god) and the games they showed are promising :)

INB4 SOMEONE ASKS FOR SWITCH KERNEL EXPLOIT

Last edited by SonicCloud,

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been going back and forth on it. I really have no interest in the "on to go" feature, only interested in the console side. If I can use that with just traditional controllers without the need for touch controls at all. I may be interested. I'd still like to see graphical comparisons between the WiiU to see how it stacks up. Just saying I'm not sold yet until more info comes out.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the ps4.5 and vr flop i think nintendo can compete with xbox and not be a joke ( wiiu) [ i just realize we shit so much on the wiiu but everyone forgots the virtual boy]

Xygrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to wonder if my vote really counts... as I really don't care for the consoles... just handheld systems... and this one will likely be the ONLY handheld offering new to 2016...possibly the next few years... as mobile phones have (in the eyes of business anyway) reduced demand. I'm sure we'll see a new series of extremely low quality / cheap android game consoles... but not anything like a 3DS or a VITA or even an Nvidia Shield(handheld device)

The fact that the same cartridge will work on my handheld and "console" is way cool too!

?: How is it the the population has increased so much and we have fewer consoles to choose from...?

Reactions: Metoroid0

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Price will determine day one purchase or not (probably will be, close enough to my birthday that I should be able to convince the wifey). Games and specs are what really have me interested--give me MH5 on this thing and it will be priceless.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see a reason not to be interested in this. For years people have had to mod their consoles to play them on the go and now Nintendo is doing it themselves. I honestly think this is what the Wii-U should have been.
The main things I'm interested in is price and specs. $300-$400 range

Last edited by GoldenBullet,
Reactions: Deleted User

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I first saw the commercial, I wasn't really sure how I am going to feel about the Nintendo Switch. The device looks like a well-made tablet with the ability to dock it and hook up controllers to the side.
I always wanted to have a portable machine that is capable of playing console games on the go if I want to. I wish it would be able to have cross save features with my PC for third party titles, but I doubt that will ever happen at all.

The part that worries me is the third party titles, I hope Nintendo does not screw up on this one. While I personally would not get third party titles (since I rather get it on PC unless something like cross platform saves is actually a thing), It is important to give good third party titles with the first party titles.

It seems like Nintendo is trying to do what Sony tried to do with the Vita, bringing the console experience to the handheld. I also can't help but wonder if this is Nintendo's attempt at competing in the mobile market (well games come first obviously). I mean the device does look like a tablet and maybe could function like one also.

Overall, I think I might wait for a while when it does come out. I would definitely buy one if there is an exploit, but I know exploits don't happen overnight. I probably will get one eventually, but Nintendo better not screw up with this one! I don't want to see a console (or in this case, a console/tablet hybrid) be unappreciated because of poor marketing and lack of third party support, like the Wii U.

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HYPE

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I find it hard to like. They have made a lot of compromises in order to have those two small detachable mini controllers for multiplayer.
Lack of: d-pad, dual screen mode (like DS or Wii U), backwards compatibility (for not having dual screen mode), cameras, motion controls / touchscreen (we still need confirmation of that).

Now I want to buy a Wii U on the cheap just to play Zelda: Breath of the Wild, since I won't have the touch inventory and map view with the Nintendo Switch.
someone complaining about NO touch or motion gimmick? thats a first.

Reactions: HomebrewJay

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is there any backwards compatibility on this thing, like what the Wii had with GameCube games (or like the Wii U had with Wii games)? Digital releases, obviously, since there's no disc tray.

Are there any R2 and L2 buttons, or L3 and R3 (pushing down on them)?

Does it even have a touch screen? Because they failed to show in the video anyone actually touching it and interacting with something on the screen.

Sounds to me like how they failed to communicate with the "Wii U" that you need the external micro-console (where the discs are inserted and where the rendering actually occurs). People thought that the entire console was just the controller... Does that charging station have a GPU inside that would be required to run something like "Skyrim", and it just streams it to the portable version, or is it rendered locally on the device itself?

Last edited by DSpider,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu