Hardware [Poll] To New Nintendo 2DS XL or not to 2DS.. that is the question

For someone using a DSi XL is it worth buying a New Nintendo 2DS XL?

• I am conflicted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vlvt_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
the 2DSXL's are actually pretty value for money if you dont need the 3D gimmick. Highly recommend it in my personal opinion..

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so n2ds is realisticsally only missing the totally useless facial recognition and '3d'? WTH get the 3ds? The 2ds is just as hackable, has the same key specs, etc AND costs MUCH less...(thanks gimmicky 3D LCD display)...

TBH I wish that I had known the above when I bought the n3dsxl when it arrived, I'd've probably just waited for a n2ds as 3d is permanently OFF on my n3ds and facial recognition? #1 I've NEVER used it and #2 I bet that it barely works and technically probably really shouldn't even be classified as 'facial' 'recognition' as I noticed a lack of nintendo originated papers in any machie vision/learning journals.

[EDIT]
OP, BTW I did NOT vote. IF you spring for one, I think that you can already see that I think that it's silly to get anything other than a n2ds unless you get an incredibly GOOD deal on anything else, e.g. old 2ds/3ds or n3ds. Number two do you think that you'll use the n2/3ds? I thought that I would and realistically beyond hacking mine I;ve hardly touched them even after buying a few hundred worth of RPG carts... which I did finally get around to loading my my hacked console but still NOT really playing other than seeing that everything looked like it was working on the hacked system... I've played more psp/psx games o my vita w/a sd2vita card recently than I've played 3ds in the 5?(damn has it been that long now?) years or so that I've owned it... OTOH the vita was in the same boat until the sd2vita... and I've got some ps3s that are also practically in that same boat... OTOHOTOH I have a gpd win...(1st version, v2 is laughably overpriced for what it is as core y isn't that much of an upgrade over the latest atom arch... I'm waiting for a gpd pocket form factor w/an AMD zen based APU)
[/EDIT]
The "facial recognition" is used for the 3D and actually improves it a great deal. I don't think anything else uses it.
3D is a rather nice feature IMO though not everyone likes it. But I still think it's worth trying out the 3D on a n3DS before judging it and not going to the n2DS right away without having tried it first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment