• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your poll reads more like a punch-line chooser. I'll continue to use Gateway as long as they offer the best product, though I may not fully support all their methods. Perhaps the closest choice is the one that blames the cloners.

It would be much funnier if you had a poll where we get to choose the best analogy (nazis, cars, prostitutes, hamburgers, etc). And another poll on what to name this whole situation. Did anyone bring up 'gateway-gate'?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I said I would prefer no comment....I can't exactly stop people....all I can do is hope it all stays civilised at the very least,everyone has been getting very vicious over the past few days, I was just hoping that if the opinions are confined to a poll as opposed to peoples comments, then people won't be going for each other's necks and we can enjoy a bit of peace

Your poll reads more like a punch-line chooser. I'll continue to use Gateway as long as they offer the best product, though I may not fully support all their methods. Perhaps the closest choice is the one that blames the cloners.

It would be much funnier if you had a poll where we get to choose the best analogy (nazis, cars, prostitutes, hamburgers, etc). And another poll on what to name this whole situation. Did anyone bring up 'gateway-gate'?

On the naming thing I kinda though brick-gate....way XD

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I said I would prefer no comment....I can't exactly stop people....all I can do is hope it all stays civilised at the very least,everyone has been getting very vicious over the past few days, I was just hoping that if the opinions are confined to a poll as opposed to opposed to comments people won't be going for each other's necks and we can enjoy a bit of peace

everyone has a little bit to much energy over from the last internet outage

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

How about the Clonocaust? That may offend some people though.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Not taking anything seriously or pesonally...it's more a bit of a social experiment...lol i *was* actually impressed that people refrained from the usual crap for that long tbh! well done to most.... :lol:

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, its great that theres an emulation solution for 3DS, but I believe that people who shelled out the money, knew the risks they were getting into, and dont really have a right to complain on the bricking front. The most i feel they should be entitled to is, "man this sucks." As far as Gateway bricking their own cards used with false firmware, its messed up but they want to protect their hardware. Albeit they definitely couldn't done it in a better way. And if they did set it up so Clone cards get bricked as well, then that's worse but still, protecting their hardware.

Also, keeping your 3DS on a lesser firmware just so you can play pirated games on it seems a little much to me. Coming from the poorer side of pirating where I did it because I didn't have the money to shell out to buy the newest games that would come out, I understand that side of the argument, but shelling out almost twice the cost of a 3ds game, as well as however much for a properly sized SD card, as well as potentially a new 3DS thats on the required firmware from a year ago? That doesnt seem like the kind of people that are short on cash.... Just saying.
Bottom line for me is really that if you're so impatient to be pirating 3DS games, you gotta take the risks that come with it. Theres not always an out or a person to blame

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can't get 100% proven facts. All the little facts, they have given by themself, say one thing:

They are all liars. No one of them speak the entire truth. Neither Gateway, nor clones. They are all money oriented random internet companies.

None of these companies is really trustworthy.

R4iFanboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't get 100% proven facts. All the little facts, they have given by themself, say one thing:

They are all liars. No one of them speak the entire truth. Neither Gateway, nor clones. They are all money oriented random internet companies.

None of these companies is really trustworthy.

Would like this post 100 times if I could.

Listen to it guys. No flashcard teams are your parents who would pamper you and treat you with love. They are just companies with a capitalistic mind-frame. Stop living in illusion. These companies saw potential in making some quick money.

Law of diminishing return is operational here. Unfortunately these companies have brilliant programmers but not brilliant economists.

Until and unless a new door is open, the sales of all 3DS ROMs flashcards will remain saturated. With the lower sales, the companies won't care what they do to maximize their profits by hook or by crook. These are the same companies who have businesses based on questionable ethics/morals.

Be careful, use old firmwares or wait for newer firmwares to be thoroughly tested in the future or GO LEGIT.

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would like this post 100 times if I could.

Listen to it guys. No flashcard teams are your parents who would pamper you and treat you with love. They are just companies with a capitalistic mind-frame. Stop living in illusion. These companies saw potential in making some quick money.

Law of diminishing return is operational here. Unfortunately these companies have brilliant programmers but not brilliant economists.

Until and unless a new door is open, the sales of all 3DS ROMs flashcards will remain saturated. With the lower sales, the companies won't care what they do to maximize their profits by hook or by crook. These are the same companies who have businesses based on questionable ethics/morals.

Be careful, use old firmwares or wait for newer firmwares to be thoroughly tested in the future or GO LEGIT.

Well most people nowadays complain because its become a thing in society that if you're a customer and you complain you get things for free

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Would cover about 90% I think and everyone who thinks they are special have the last option

But really there should of been an I want to bash everything...including insignificant polls

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The poll options are over saturated and not well thought out. The only poll options should be
  1. Gateway are justified in their attempts if not their actions, Gateway can do no wrong, and The clones caused the whole thing by copying
  2. I bought a clone because it was cheaper. Now I'm screwed.

Reactions: iggloovortex
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: