Hacking [POLL] SX OS with or without dongle?

Did you order it with dongle or without? and why?

• Total voters

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About to order SX, and thinking if i should get just the license and find a cheap jig for $3 on ebay, or buy the SX Pro kit with dongle and jig
are there any pros and cons,? price difference doesnt matter to me

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
None. Hekate with signature checks disabled exists, meaning you don't have to pay TX to wait for them to compile together a bunch of free software solutions after a number of weeks. If you want a dongle and jig, you can get a clone for like $15 on AliExpress.

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None. Hekate with signature checks disabled exists, meaning you don't have to pay TX to wait for them to compile together a bunch of free software solutions after a number of weeks. If you want a dongle and jig, you can get a chink clone for like $15 on AliExpress.
i know that they basically take available free stuff and compile it and charge money for it but if they create a product that is more streamlined and easier for lazy noobs like me then i dont mind paying $40 for all it offers and unlocks

Reactions: samsam91

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
i know that they basically take available free stuff and compile it and charge money for it but if they create a product that is more streamlined and easier for lazy noobs like me then i dont mind paying $40 for all it offers and unlocks
Copy and paste the contents of the latest zip file from here to your SD card, and launch the payload the same way you would with SX OS. It's not that hard.

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
I think the dongle is the best way cause you can boot into lakka and other stuff with it, without the need of a computer

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
About to order SX, and thinking if i should get just the license and find a cheap jig for $3 on ebay, or buy the SX Pro kit with dongle and jig
are there any pros and cons,? price difference doesnt matter to me

If you're out and about and need to resend the payload if it crashes and your phone isn't able to send it then the dongle is good, if you're just at home then use a pc

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its up to you don't let anyone tell you None or this is best etc, gather your info decide for your self don't dismiss anything till your happy.
if you want to be able to use xci then sure why not get the sx os license, upto you....
You can use any method to inject the SXOS payload, you can use a android device, pc ,
or a dongle that supports sending payload files.
There are plenty of threads on gba regarding D.I.Y Dongles or cheap alternatives, and or internal modchips, which have support for sxos and other payload sending.

Or if you don't care about xci or Ease of use then use open source cfw

Last edited by Canna,

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
None. Hekate with signature checks disabled exists, meaning you don't have to pay TX to wait for them to compile together a bunch of free software solutions after a number of weeks. If you want a dongle and jig, you can get a clone for like $15 on AliExpress.
No .XCI loader. Period

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No .XCI loader. Period

And? NSP are just as good as XCI, it's really NOT a big deal. Also OP, i believe TX is going to release just the dongle and jig without the os itself in September. If you want a portable solution wait for that to be released and just get that

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not a feature worthy of $25 when XCI's can be easily converted to NSP, and found alongside locations where XCI's are freely available.
Worth 25$ since using .XCIs gives you a way lower chance of getting banned compared to .NSPs :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And? NSP are just as good as XCI, it's really NOT a big deal. Also OP, i believe TX is going to release just the dongle and jig without the os itself in September. If you want a portable solution wait for that to be released and just get that
Not really. .XCI won't get you banned if you use them carefully and offline.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Worth 25$ since using .XCIs gives you a way lower chance of getting banned compared to .NSPs :)

Wll no shit you wont get banned if you don't go online, that's the same thing as with an NSP. Don't go online and you wont get banned, doesn't matter if it's XCI or NSP

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xci can get you banned, but the risk is lower then nsp

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Never been banned for using NSPs. However, I have seen many people recently get banned for using SX OS, as well as the free alternatives. Maybe the best choice of action, as mentioned in a previous thread OP opened, is to not hack your console if you care about online services?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.