Poll: Most revolting fast food revelation

Which makes you puke/look away in denial the fastest ?

• Taco Bell beef is 36% actual beef

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fast food resturants injecting ammonia into your burger

• Pile of pink goo (mcnuggets)

• Other ?

• Total voters

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Son of Science said:
Slyakin said:
LOL, sucks to be you guys.

I'm vegetarian, and I don't even eat fast food. Soo..... Yeah.
hrth.gif
I'm a vegan, bitch. Yeah, eat me.

I'm a breatharian, so I own all of you!

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exsoul01 said:
Since the pink goo is just ground up raw chicken could the blood somehow give it a pink color?

Not exactly.
(how it was explained to me)
Processed chicken is what is left after they've taken all the top-dollar parts. (breasts, thighs, wings)
While you will get a small amount of blood in this sort of processed meat, you're also getting tendons, arteries, and "gristle" and a number of other parts that aren't generally considered edible before processing.

Sounds delicious, doesn't it?

Yet I still eat it.
There's no real 'problem' with it.
But it is all the stuff that your great-grandparents would have tossed out to the dogs.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this post makes me think of jamie oliver's food revolution.
more specifically, this part.

man, im glad i dont eat meat anymore.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Slyakin said:
LOL, sucks to be you guys.

I'm vegetarian, and I don't even eat fast food. Soo..... Yeah.
hrth.gif
Yay for vegetarians!
hrth.gif
You stay away from all the chicken nuggets and 'ground beef' from all the fast food restaurants.

But I do eat fast food in forms of Burger King and KFC, which both offer veggie burgers, at least where I live. They're both surprisingly delicious. KFC's was especially surprising, since out of all the fast food restaurants, KFC would be the one I'd least expect to offer vegetarian options.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Before the dumb people get to the tread i must say something

People love to criticize everything and fast food is one of them i will say this simple

The food we humans eat today is the best we have in history up to date no food have ever be this good EVER so you guys should be thankful that you live in this age if you don’t like how food is make them don’t eat

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:

People love to criticize everything and fast food is one of them i will say this simple

The food we humans eat today is the best we have in history up to date no food have ever be this good EVER so you guys should be thankful that you live in this age if you don’t like how food is make them don’t eat

i cant tell if you are trollin or not.

processed foods (which most people eat) are incredibly bad for you, not only because of what they put in (like partially hydrogenated oils [aka trans fats] are put into a lot of processed foods]*), but because it loses nutrients (like canned fruits, veggies, etc).

i would go as far to say as most foods now a days are pretty unhealthy. NOT TO MENTION most livestock and farm animals are fed unhealthy, and this effects us too.

*can't even trust "no trans fats" thing on items too, if it has partially hydroginated oils in it, it has trans fats. they are allowed to put it on there if its a small amount (like less than 1 gram i believe)

Stevetry

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MFDC12 said:
Stevetry said:

i cant tell if you are trollin or not.

processed foods (which most people eat) are incredibly bad for you, not only because of what they put in (like partially hydrogenated oils [aka trans fats] are put into a lot of processed foods]*), but because it loses nutrients (like canned fruits, veggies, etc).

i would go as far to say as most foods now a days are pretty unhealthy.

*can't even trust "no trans fats" thing on items too, if it has partially hydroginated oils in it, it has trans fats. they are allowed to put it on there if its a small amount (like less than 1 gram i believe)

i dont troll anyone

and i sorry to say this but your are wrong

i prefer to be left alone in a deserted island with today food that with food made 40 50 60 or even 100 years ago

stop complaining and get your facts dont let the nuts decide for you

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
i dont troll anyone

i prefer to be left alone in a deserted island with today food that with food made 40 50 60 or even 100 years ago

if you really aren't trolling, want to tell me how i am wrong about what i said?

Stevetry

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MFDC12 said:
Stevetry said:
i dont troll anyone

if you really aren't trolling, want to tell me how i am wrong about what i said?

i want to know were are you getting that info because food may have some stuff like that but that just to make the last longer stop been a pig and dont eat that much have you hear the saying is bad to eat too much of a good thing

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
i want to know were are you getting that info because food may have some stuff like that but that just to make the last longer stop been a pig and dont eat that much have you hear the saying is bad to eat too much of a good thing

http://www.fda.gov/food/labelingnutrition/...9832.htm#whatis

"Trans fat can often be found in processed foods made with partially hydrogenated vegetable oils such as vegetable shortenings, some margarines (especially margarines that are harder), crackers, candies, cookies, snack foods, fried foods, and baked goods."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/290029-n...zen-vegetables/
"According to the Iowa State University Extension, freezing vegetables preserves more nutrients than canning. Freezing impedes growth of bacteria and molds and hinders enzymatic activity. The method preserves the nutritional value present at the time the vegetable is frozen. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends freezing vegetables at their peak and at 0 degrees or lower to preserve freshness and nutritional quality. Some freezing methods call for blanching prior to freezing. Blanching initially depletes some of the vegetables' nutritional value, but halts enzymatic activity and thus in the long-run actually preserves more of the vegetables' nutritional value."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/trans-fat/CL00032
"For example, in the United States if a food has less than 0.5 grams of trans fat per serving, the food label can read 0 grams trans fat. Though that's a small amount of trans fat, if you eat multiple servings of foods with less than 0.5 grams of trans fat, you could exceed recommended limits. " (also, meant to say 0g trans fat not no trans fats in my OP)

http://books.google.com/books?id=PbEWJrEtE...PA167#v=onepage

this might be more nutritional aspect to a cow, but you really think their nutrition will not effect us? they get ULCERS from eating corn (which most farmers feed their cows because it is cheaper than grass).

any food product will lose some nutrition while processing. its not like frozen vegetables are so much better, but they are still less processed.

Stevetry

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you talk about loosing nutrition witch i dont really believe i read those links and to me they prove my point it seem different people interpret them differently

the key word is stop eating tooo much today food is good better that any other point in history

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What stevetry is trying to say is that the food we have now is more hygienic. We don't buy chicken from the butcher who just let the dead thing hang in there in the heat for a few days. It's way more sanitary. But you are right when you say processed food isn't healthy. But unless you eat some every day(or meal, like some do) it will kill you in the long run. Now stop arguing, it kinda looks childish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.