Gaming Poll: Is hacking your job our is this just a hobby?

Is hacking you'r job or is it a hobby?

• It's my Job!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's my hobby!

• It's both!

• I used to be a hacker but I quit after some time but I'm still in the GBAtemp communtiy!

• Total voters

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both here, often is the call FAST6191 FAST6191 can you tell me how this works/pervert it for some other purpose.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll say it's my hobby my I haven't hack anything, just play with other people's findings and creations, he he he..!!
biggrin.gif

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'd bet about 99% of the users of this site are not hackers.. Even if they think they are the l33t3st kid in the neighbourhood. And who the heck does hacking for living?

Wiinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both here. I work as a IT manager. So i like to see how things work. I also don't like to stay inside the box, so i always change things to work outside of there norm

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bah! I still am in trying to learn the basics of Programming so that I can break into the hacking scene.

I can take stuff apart all day but I have little idea of how most of it actually works.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bladexdsl said:
how does controlling your computer make them $

It is not as much your computer but a large number of them (botnet), they can then be used to harvest credit card numbers, harvesting serial numbers for software, harvesting other data (ID theft), perform DDOS attacks (either knocking out competition or holding sites to ransom*), send spam, send more malware, host warez/similar (this is more cost offsetting), I once heard of a botnet being used as a distributed computer (you hear that supercomputers are thousands of times more powerful than the average machine, guess what has thousands of machines),

*it is fairly well known that gambling sites need to be up 24/7 to make money.

On the other hand
"And who the heck does hacking for living"

There are such a thing as paid reverse engineers you know and it is important in other areas like failure analysis, furthermore as others have hinted at while it may not be the sole source of income the ability to run in such circles is very useful in many other areas.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making money as a hacker is easy as long as you know what you're doing you can steal passwords and money from paypal accounts, bank accounts, a good deal of things...

I've seen my fair share around too, I frequent those places, I just never make anything of the sort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1