[POLL] How do you feel about Windows 10's Anniversary Update forcing Cortana?

Windows 10's Anniversary Update does not allow Cortana to be disabled, your thoughts?

• Total voters

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with you. Idc if people use it however I don't like it nor want to use it; the fact I'm being forced to rubs me the wrong way.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded 5 or so computers to Windows 10; but for some reason it never went through on my office computer, now the free offer is gone. I'm rather annoyed at this.

As far as Cortana goes, forcing it is an invasion of privacy. But Microsoft is already in bed with the NSA, so if you really cared about privacy, switch to Linux.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care. I don't use Cortana and the search box anyway. Nobody's forcing anyone to use it.

I upgraded 5 or so computers to Windows 10; but for some reason it never went through on my office computer, now the free offer is gone. I'm rather annoyed at this.
You should have upgraded manually by downloading the Windows 10 ISO for free from Microsoft long before the offer's expiration date.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care. I don't use Cortana and the search box anyway. Nobody's forcing anyone to use it.

You should have upgraded manually by downloading the Windows 10 ISO for free from Microsoft long before the offer's expiration date.
If that's the case, it should be easy to find whatever ISO was offered before the expiration date. Thanks!

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nobody's forcing anyone to use it, but it's ridiculous that it can't be disabled. Though i'm sure someone will find a way to disable it anyway, even if its with a workaround.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case, it should be easy to find whatever ISO was offered before the expiration date. Thanks!
The offer has expired, so you won't get a free license. In other words, updating now will result in an unactivated copy of Windows 10. You could use a KMS tool to pirate activate it, I suppose. But it won't be the same as a legitimate free license.

Nobody's forcing anyone to use it, but it's ridiculous that it can't be disabled. Though i'm sure someone will find a way to disable it anyway, even if its with a workaround.
You can already hide it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here I am still on Windows 7, nothing compels me to update to 10, at least not for now. In the near future, yes, I plan on USB installing it (despite the fact the "free upgrade" expired, there are still...ways). I don't plan on using Cortana at all.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here I am still on Windows 7, nothing compels me to update to 10, at least not for now. In the near future, yes, I plan on USB installing it (despite the fact the "free upgrade" expired, there are still...ways). I don't plan on using Cortana at all.
You could have updated to Windows 10, gotten the free license, restored your Windows 7 image, and had the free Windows 10 license on Microsoft's servers ready for your computer when you finally did upgrade, which will probably be in or before January 2020 when security updates stop for Windows 7. It's too late to do that now, so as you said, you'll have to KMS-activate Windows 10 or use a MAK.

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like they shouldn't try to force Cortana as I, and quite a few people, don't want/have any need for it. Even though I'm running Pro and I'm not going to get this update, I still feel like they shouldn't try to push their unnecessary crap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself