Homebrew [Poll] Help MarcusD Decide What To Port Next!

What should @MarcusD work on next?

• Total voters

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Decide what @MarcusD should port next!
If you have an idea that's not in the Poll yet, feel free to recommend it in a Reply. The Reply will be reviewed, and your idea may be added to the Poll.
Titles with lots of votes will be ported!

Edit: @smileyhead forgot to add Kamisado to the poll :P Everyone likes Kamisado, right? ^_^

Edit: Kamisado added! - @smileyhead -rp

Last edited by Sono, , Reason: get -rp'd
Reactions: Deleted User

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
I myself want more home computer emulators such as an Amstrad CPC464 emulator, Spectrum Emulator or an Amiga emulator. We only have one so far and that's for the C64 made by @spinal_cord (that is excellent by the way)

So is that possible?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I myself want more home computer emulators such as an Amstrad CPC464 emulator, Spectrum Emulator or an Amiga emulator. We only have one so far and that's for the C64 made by @spinal_cord (that is excellent by the way)

So is that possible?

Sorry, I don't like porting emulators :( Also, I can't find too much (useful) info about the ZX Spectrum emulation, so that's another cause why I can't.

D

Deleted User

Chose 'Visual Game Engine'. I've been itching to see a homebrew game engine be made for the 3DS for a long time!

(I would have a stab at doing it myself, but would probably have a massive load on my shoulders, and I'm not too familiar with app developing for PC either. :()

D

Deleted User

Chose 'Visual Game Engine'. I've been itching to see a homebrew game engine be made for the 3DS for a long time!

(I would have a stab at doing it myself, but would probably have a massive load on my shoulders, and I'm not too familiar with app developing for PC either. :()
Would LOVE that! Heh, I just voted for all of them

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Why wouldn't @MarcusD just make a thread about this?

It's very easy :P

I was afraid to post a thread myself :( @smileyhead was very kind to post in my name :)
(edit: just noticed that my current profile picture is very fucking accurate in this regards xD)

I once started making a visual programming engine for the PC (with a modloader for extensibility), but I never finished it :P If you're interested in the unfinished broken shitty prototype, PM me :P

D

Deleted User

I once started making a visual programming engine for the PC (with a modloader for extensibility), but I never finished it :P If you're interested in the unfinished broken shitty prototype, PM me :P
A "visual programming engine for the PC"... for the 3DS? Or just the PC?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, how reasonable do you want me to be?

Mari0 port
UNDERTALE port
N64 emulator
Virtual Console injector on console (creating a .cia)

Open source EarthBound-esque RPG engine demo
Smash Bros. save editor on console
IPS patcher on console

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I be happy if someone can port Streets of rage remake to 3DS Or even the WII U or VWII. It was suppose to be ported but never happend. there even proof of it and till this day over 5 years later wishing for one. :(

But I be happy if super mario war can be done. :)

Mario War would probably be better than Mario Maker, in all fairness.

Reactions: Brawl345

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
3DS is the perfect system
home computer
You know the 3DS doesn't have a physical keyboard :wtf: It's gonna be very clumsy :wacko:

Mari0 port
Hmm... I *might* look into it... It uses Löve, so I guess with a minor soos-editing it would be worth a try :lol:

UNDERTALE port

(note: I paid legal fees to use the word "react"™)

N64 emulator
Sorry, I don't want to port emulators. Also, it runs shit even on my phone, which is WAY more powerful than the new3DS, so that's a big no-no

Virtual Console injector on console (creating a .cia)
Hmm... interesting... I'll look into this, and if I might add it to the list :P

Open source EarthBound-esque RPG engine demo
Sadly I never played EarthBound :( I think the hardest part of the engine would be the animations, the storyline processor, and the dialogs. Definitely possible, especially if the engine is crafted from scratch.

Smash Bros. save editor on console
:wtf:
See above response for Undertale

IPS patcher on console
Like for other emulators? I'll look into the IPS file format, If it's gonna be for ROMs like GB/(S)NES, then this is the easiest, and I'll make this separate from the other requests :P

I be happy if someone can port Streets of rage remake to 3DS
I'm no good in fighting games, nor its engines, sorry :(

But I be happy if super mario war can be done. :)

Mario War would probably be better than Mario Maker, in all fairness.

Smash Bros clone for 3DS confirmed™

Reactions: CeeDee

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no good in fighting games, nor its engines, sorry :(

To be honest is not a common fighting game like street fighter or mortal combat, is more of a beat'em up game like river city ransom, renagade, or final fight. But is okay, just saying.

Is been confirmed of a retro pi port using rasberry pi and libretro something else i don't well understand and was just a idea, wondering why xbox original was the only console port exsit when it was planned for VWii homebrew but never made it. i would even like to see mugen or bor port but is fine to do what you can even if is not possible for you :)

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
@MarcusD The 3DS IS the perfect system for home computer emulators. Top screen is used to see and play the game where the bottom screen is used for the keyboard just like Breadbox by @spinal_cord

There is plenty of home computer emulators on the DS that work the same way, take a look at them or Breadbox on the 3DS

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
To be honest is not a common fighting game like street fighter or mortal combat, is more of a beat'em up game like river city ransom, renagade, or final fight. But is okay, just saying.

Is been confirmed of a retro pi port using rasberry pi and libretro something else i don't well understand and was just a idea, wondering why xbox original was the only console port exsit when it was planned for VWii homebrew but never made it. i would even like to see mugen or bor port but is fine to do what you can even if is not possible for you :)

Well, even tho' I'm very good in maths, I have a terrible designs sense (in every possible way imaginable, both in graphical and structural layout), so I can't design a normal collision engine. And since I never made a fighting game before, it would be a very shitty port :P Also, I never made an animation engine before either, so that's another reason.
Well, I'll have to start somewhere eventually, so I'll give it a try soon (mind the lack of trademark symbol) :)

@MarcusD The 3DS IS the perfect system for home computer emulators. Top screen is used to see and play the game where the bottom screen is used for the keyboard just like Breadbox by @spinal_cord

There is plenty of home computer emulators on the DS that work the same way, take a look at them or Breadbox on the 3DS

I wasn't searching for an excuse, I just said that it's a "little" clumsy to play on an emulated keyboard on a non-multitouch "touch"screen :unsure:
Well, sadly I have zero experience with emulation, so sadly I'm not the right person for porting/making emulators, sorry :(

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning