• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Have you had Covid-19 before?

Have you had Covid-19?

• No

Votes: 159 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 118 34.3%
  • Don't know / Never been tested

Votes: 67 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
why nowadays everything corona related revolves around vaccine?

The shot is extremely important but there are tons of extra measures that need to be taken to bury this pandemic for good. Most people forgot about that.

(talking from a country where right now 800 people are dying each day, but you still can go to the stadium twice a week to watch your favorite football team).

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why nowadays everything corona related revolves around vaccine?

The shot is extremely important but there are tons of extra measures that need to be taken to bury this pandemic for good. Most people forgot about that.

(talking from a country where right now 800 people are dying each day, but you still can go to the stadium twice a week to watch your favorite football team).
Probably because vaccines are pretty much the best way to get significant protection against C19. Being able to heavily reduce chances of getting significant illnesses, less chances of death, reduce spread, etc. It's no wonder they're heavily revolved around. And even more protection by following safety standards like masks, social distancing, cleaning, etc.
But with so many stubborn/misnformed/conspiracy-driven people in the world, this pandemic isn't stopping any time soon and more and more lives are being lost.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Probably because vaccines are pretty much the best way to get significant protection against C19. Being able to heavily reduce chances of getting significant illnesses, less chances of death, reduce spread, etc. It's no wonder they're heavily revolved around. And even more protection by following safety standards like masks, social distancing, cleaning, etc.
But with so many stubborn/misnformed/conspiracy-driven people in the world, this pandemic isn't stopping any time soon and more and more lives are being lost.
It really doesn’t help that this conversation gets comments from conspiracy nuts who come in like, “Never got Covid, it’s not real anyways! Vaccines don’t work, neighbors got Covid but not me! Vaccines are fake!” Like yeah, that’s why this conversation turned to vaccines because nutjobs post crazy shit and that simply can’t pass nor remain unchallenged.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blah blah blah blah I have nothing interesting to say as usual
It's ok buddy, other people can think for you.
It’s a waste of time because of the previous statements I’ve already made in regards to the links you’ve posted. You’ve only posted conspiracies and misquote, then expect people to take them seriously and get mad when they don’t. Have you considered that maybe it’s your approach that’s a problem? That maybe people would be less dismissive if you took time to listen to the points they are bringing up? Have you considered maybe your treatment of others has caused all of this?
It's a waste of time since instead of hearing both side and maybe some suspisions of the vaccine, you just completely ignore it and listen to big daddy government. Hey, you're free to do that, but you're not gonna drag me and a lot of other people with your opinions with all these BS vaccines and mandates, that's not gonna happen. Maybe you should look at your approach and treatment of others in this case as well.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's a waste of time since instead of hearing both side and maybe some suspisions of the vaccine, you just completely ignore it and listen to big daddy government. Hey, you're free to do that, but you're not gonna drag me and a lot of other people with your opinions with all these BS vaccines and mandates, that's not gonna happen. Maybe you should look at your approach and treatment of others in this case as
..WoW what a suprise !!. A whole .other day and you couldn't provided a link or sources that supports your Reptilian/Mircochip vaccine Theory

Reactions: The Catboy

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..WoW what a suprise !!. A whole .other day and you couldn't provided a link or sources that supports your Reptilian/Mircochip vaccine Theory
I've already provided enough links that morons would like to ignore, and I'm not sure I ever said I believed in any reptilian/microchips in vaccines as far as I recall, you just made that up as per usual.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already provided enough links that morons would like to ignore, and I'm not sure I ever said I believed in any reptilian/microchips in vaccines as far as I recall, you just made that up as per usual.
…hey look another respond without actually provide ANY LINK OR SOURCES..
It’s almost like he’s having trouble copying and paste “all of the amazing “ sources

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reputable sources have been provided by myself and others for months.

You have not provided evidence contradicting the data that was presented.

If anything I am saying is wrong, then properly dispute those statements with evidence.

There is a problem when someone doesn't like the data and decides to discount it because the doctor "is a quack", or something unrelated to the claim could be scrutinized, so therefore it becomes grounds to reject the data. For example, Lacius characterized the study I provided as claiming that the vaccine causes suicides, so the raw data should be disregarded. The characterization is intentionally libellous to make up for his inability to disprove the measurements. He writes about "the science" like CNN writes "the news". Very trashy.

If that's how this works, then everything everyone here says could and should be rejected because some idiot on gbatemp posted it.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Literally the post above this one you outright state it’s a jab at my health. As for the rest, that’s not at all what anyone is saying. What has been said, is that unvaccinated are getting worse symptoms of Covid and dying at a higher rate, which is proven and actual reality.
https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-status.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm
https://www.azdhs.gov/covid19/documents/data/rates-of-cov-19-by-vaccination.pdf?v=20220105
https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/covid19/data/vaccination-status/
https://amp.statesman.com/amp/6511901001
https://time.com/6138566/pandemic-of-unvaccinated/?amp=true
You posted a study that doesn’t even confirm or line up with the point you were trying to make. Equally, one paper (that doesn’t even conflict with current studies,) does not debunk the countless research showing the harm of remaining unvaccinated nor counter the research showing the safety and effectiveness of vaccines. If you can only manage to find one paper, then you should start questioning why that’s the case.

Yeah, you are wrong. My sources don't debunk the science, or even conflict with existing data. They just demonstrate what is being found in my locale, and defend the statement I make when I say I am not "many times" more likely to die if I don't get vaccinated. The "statistics" you use to apply to everyone is a very specific statistic formed to help sell the vaccine. The stat is only useful when making assumptions or attempting to cause others to make assumptions. It is literally scare tactic propaganda.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was one of the ones that said a discussion involving all opinions was a good thing, but at this point I don't see any merit in continuing. All arguments have been made and at this point are just being repeated ad infinitum.

This thread is probably better off closed until something significant changes in the current narrative.

Also, surely everyone is sick of talking about Covid by now?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was one of the ones that said a discussion involving all opinions was a good thing, but at this point I don't see any merit in continuing. All arguments have been made and at this point are just being repeated ad infinitum.

This thread is probably better off closed until something significant changes in the current narrative.

Also, surely everyone is sick of talking about Covid by now?
Another one will just pop up.

Reactions: The Catboy

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a problem when someone doesn't like the data and decides to discount it because the doctor "is a quack", or something
Yeah, you are wrong. My sources don't debunk the science, or even conflict with existing data. They just demonstrate what is being found in my locale,
…. Again your source was a “ex” paranoid junkie comedian Russell Brand. Is that what you consider your locale doctor?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
…. Again your source was a “ex” paranoid junkie comedian Russell Brand. Is that what you consider your locale doctor?

Russell Brand has never been a source for anything. You should learn the definition. To answer your question, no. Everybody who "liked" your previous comment knew better and do not care that you are left in the dark. Frankly, I don't care either. You are forcing me to choose between Russell Brand and gbatemp crack panda.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Russell Brand has never been a source for anything. You should learn the definition. To answer your question, no. Everybody who "liked" your previous comment knew better and do not care that you are left in the dark. Frankly, I don't care either. You are forcing me to choose between Russell Brand and gbatemp crack panda.
..oh looks Another one who likes to respond without actually provide ANY LINK OR SOURCES..

BUT seriously when asked for sources you posted Russell Brand
Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 8.35.27 AM 1.png

lol I guess your memory is also opinion based.

Last edited by djpannda,

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
…hey look another respond without actually provide ANY LINK OR SOURCES..
It’s almost like he’s having trouble copying and paste “all of the amazing “ sources
Jesus you truly are a dumbass and a terrible person aren't you? Get a life and some help man, you really need it.

• Haha
Reactions: djpannda

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, you are wrong. My sources don't debunk the science, or even conflict with existing data. They just demonstrate what is being found in my locale, and defend the statement I make when I say I am not "many times" more likely to die if I don't get vaccinated. The "statistics" you use to apply to everyone is a very specific statistic formed to help sell the vaccine. The stat is only useful when making assumptions or attempting to cause others to make assumptions. It is literally scare tactic propaganda.
I didn't even say any of that, I said you ignored details in your post to create a narrative that doesn't even match the actual source you posted. Your other source was just a comedian.
What I posted was more than just statistics, they include statistics but they weren't just statistics. Just because you don't like living in reality, doesn't mean the reality is "literally scare tactic propaganda."
You have not provided evidence contradicting the data that was presented.

There is a problem when someone doesn't like the data and decides to discount it because the doctor "is a quack", or something unrelated to the claim could be scrutinized, so therefore it becomes grounds to reject the data. For example, Lacius characterized the study I provided as claiming that the vaccine causes suicides, so the raw data should be disregarded. The characterization is intentionally libellous to make up for his inability to disprove the measurements. He writes about "the science" like CNN writes "the news". Very trashy.

If that's how this works, then everything everyone here says could and should be rejected because some idiot on gbatemp posted it.
I am sorry that I don't accept misquotes, Chinese cults, and comedians as sources. I also don't accept when someone makes claims and twists the one article they've posted to the point where their own claims don't even match their source.

It's a waste of time since instead of hearing both side and maybe some suspisions of the vaccine, you just completely ignore it and listen to big daddy government. Hey, you're free to do that, but you're not gonna drag me and a lot of other people with your opinions with all these BS vaccines and mandates, that's not gonna happen. Maybe you should look at your approach and treatment of others in this case as well.
Maybe try posting something that isn't from a Chinese conspiracy cult or read your sources before misquoting them.

Reactions: KingVamp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?