• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Have you had Covid-19 before?

Have you had Covid-19?

• No

Votes: 159 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 118 34.3%
  • Don't know / Never been tested

Votes: 67 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you aren't disputing that the data coming from hospitals regarding covid-related/caused death is unreliable, what's your problem? You saw numbers and they triggered you? What part of the comment offended you?
So there is data, where is it?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lol. Now we are disputing that there is ANY data coming from hospitals. You are like, super special. Did your mom ever tell you?
The fuck you on about? I am literally asking you to show me the data you are talking about. How am I disputing anything when asking for it? You've not posted a single link containing any of the data, why are you pretending you did and that I am disputing it?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What's the argument? Just replace %110 with "more than there are" and 99% with "almost all" and problem solved. No more numbers.
So just not going to post any links? You made a claim, changed the subject, accused me arguing “the data,” and then threw in an ad hominem. At what point are you actually going to post the data you claim there to be?

Reactions: Lacius

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@tabzer You made some very specific claims suggesting the vaccines are not safe or effective. Do you have any evidence to back up your claims?
Yes. The CDC has revised its information upon finding more side effects occuring in the wild. This is proof for both the points that the the scientific evaluation of the vaccine was falsely toted as being safe without understanding (even by you, before and after edits), and proof that it is irrational to conclude it is safe when new information is continually being collected.

As for it being effective, all I need to do is look how "back to normal" we are not.

If you question the overreporting of Covid related deaths, then you need not to look further than the fact that it is financially incentivized to do so.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. The CDC has revised its information upon finding more side effects occuring in the wild. This is proof for both the points that the the scientific evaluation of the vaccine was falsely toted as being safe without understanding (even by you, before and after edits), and proof that it is irrational to conclude it is safe when new information is continually being collected.
First, our scientific understanding is only as good as the evidence available to us at the time. Second, the scientific evidence demonstrated the vaccines were safe, and it continues to demonstrate that the vaccines are safe. There is a risk of side effects, particularly since the vaccines are designed to trigger an immune response in the body, but there has been no scientific evidence that there's any significant risk of life-threatening side effects. In fact, I am unaware of any deaths associated with the mRNA vaccines.

I've used this analogy before, but I will say it again. Even if there were an extremely rare chance of death with the vaccines, it would be analogous to the life-threatening risk associated with seatbelts. Just because there's a non-zero chance that use of a seatbelt will result in your death in an accident when you otherwise would have survived if not wearing it doesn't mean that seatbelts aren't safe and effective. It would be irrational not to wear one.

As for it being effective, all I need to do is look how "back to normal" we are not.
The scientific data is clear that millions have been saved worldwide by the vaccines. Roughly 80-90% of those dying from COVID-19 today are unvaccinated. We aren't relatively back to normal because new variants popped up on populations that were unvaccinated, as the science suggested would happen.

If you question the overreporting of Covid related deaths, then you need not to look further than the fact that it is financially incentivized to do so.
There's no evidence that COVID-19 deaths have been significantly over reported. Just because some people are being counted as COVID hospitalizations despite coming to the hospital for other reasons, COVID deaths are more homogenous and easier to count.

None of what you said, from vaccine safety/efficacy to conspiracy theories about the COVID death count, is evidence for your claims. Please try again when you're feeling up to it. :)

Reactions: The Catboy

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's not a conspiracy theory to suggest that incentivized reporting will yield a return biased in its favor. It's a given. If there is a capital demand for a particular result, and the result is free to give, then you can be sure that the supply is going to be "always more". It is a conflict of interest to use numbers garnered from such methods as "scientific data".

The rest of your spin isn't really something I'm interested in entertaining because the facts of what I said still stand despite however you rationalize ignoring it.

Reactions: BitMasterPlus

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a conspiracy theory to suggest that incentivized reporting will yield a return biased in its favor. It's a given.
Please show evidence that the reported death numbers are significantly different from the actual numbers.

What you're claiming is, indeed, conspiracy theory nonsense.

The rest of your spin isn't really something I'm interested in entertaining because the facts of what I said still stand despite however you rationalize ignoring it.
You haven't stated any facts. You've made unsubstantiated claims.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Please show evidence that the reported death numbers are significantly different from the actual numbers.

What you're claiming is, indeed, conspiracy theory nonsense.

I would need the evidence of actual numbers. So far we have a compromised laboratory setting procuring the numbers you are using. The data is unreliable. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's a legitimate point of failure. It's also not "science". It's an unsubstantiated belief. Hence the 2+ years of another war with another unseen enemy.

You haven't stated any facts. You've made unsubstantiated claims.

That's just name-calling. Are you contesting the point that there is financial incentive to garnish results?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far we have a compromised laboratory setting procuring the numbers you are using. The data is unreliable.
Evidence please.

It's not a conspiracy theory.
Yes it is.

That's just name-calling.
You should learn what name-calling is, lol. I did zero name-calling.

Are you contesting the point that there is financial incentive to garnish results?
If you're going to say numbers are wrong because of a financial incentive to publish the wrong numbers, you have to demonstrate this claim. Even if you showed a financial incentive to report the wrong numbers, that doesn't demonstrate that the numbers have been misreported in any significant way. This is called jumping to conclusions.

In reality, COVID deaths are a lot more homogenous than hospitalization numbers. In other words, we see a lot more things in common with people who died of COVID (ventilators, COVID drugs, other treatments) vs. the people reported as having been hospitalized with COVID-19. There's no evidence the death numbers are significantly over reported.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would need the evidence of actual numbers. So far we have a compromised laboratory setting procuring the numbers you are using. The data is unreliable. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's a legitimate point of failure. It's also not "science". It's an unsubstantiated belief. Hence the 2+ years of another war with another unseen enemy.

That's just name-calling. Are you contesting the point that there is financial incentive to garnish results?
So you are just admitting that you don't have the numbers and that it is a conspiracy. Because if you made claims and can't back them up, then that sounds like conspiracy nonsense to me. Either provide links or get your shit called out.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you're going to say numbers are wrong because of a financial incentive to publish the wrong numbers, you have to demonstrate this claim. Even if you showed a financial incentive to report the wrong numbers, that doesn't demonstrate that the numbers have been misreported in any significant way. This is called jumping to conclusions.

In reality, COVID deaths are a lot more homogenous than hospitalization numbers. In other words, we see a lot more things in common with people who died of COVID (ventilators, COVID drugs, other treatments) vs. the people reported as having been hospitalized with COVID-19. There's no evidence the death numbers are significantly over reported.

It looks like you are saying that even if there is financial incentive to over-report covid-deaths, we should still rely on the numbers that come from that. I think that's ridiculous. :shit:

*Smug gay sounds*

No thank you.

Reactions: BitMasterPlus

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It looks like you are saying that even if there is financial incentive to over-report covid-deaths, we should still rely on the numbers that come from that. I think that's ridiculous. :shit:

No thank you.
Why can't you provide a single link? Are you just that aware that you are spreading garbage?

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are various sources for the COVID-19 death numbers, and they comport with what's seen around the world without your conspiratorial explanations.

If you're going to argue the numbers are wrong, provide evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.