• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Have you had Covid-19 before?

Have you had Covid-19?

• No

Votes: 159 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 118 34.3%
  • Don't know / Never been tested

Votes: 67 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
99% of the people who died right after getting vaccinated "cannot be evaluated" of it being due to the vaccine due to it possibly being a coincidence yet 110% of people who died while having coronavirus in their system are all corona deaths. This is an obvious double-standard.
I am starting to believe that there is no source to this claim and you just made it up, like all of the other claims you’ve made in the past.

Reactions: Lacius

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your viewpoint requires you to start arguing against science broadly, it's probably a poor viewpoint.
You're right. It's never good to question science even if it might help people who claim they are the science wrong. Just follow the narrative blindly and don't question it! That's how we move forward in life!

I’ve stopped trying to convince people like you. I am only debunking your post in a hopes those on the fence don’t fall over to your side and stay in the side of logic and science. You can stick to your conspiracy websites funded by Far-Right cults but I am not going to let them go unchallenged.
I'm so sorry I'm such a lost cause to you. I should be ashamed and just the mainstream media more, because they never lie and are filled to the brim with integrity, unlike those other small independent racist conservative news networks. Mainstream media also is never themselves influenced or paid off by any sponsors to influence how they portray certain topics when they talk about it on the media. And even if someone exposes these giants with damning evidence against them, it doesn't count unless they themselves present the evidence that would damage themselves, because if you have dirt on yourself, the first thing you do is expose yourself out of integrity to the public and not lie or cover it up, that never happens, which is why we don't need other outlets to do it and if they do I guess they're just "lying".

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right. It's never good to question science even if it might help people who claim they are the science wrong. Just follow the narrative blindly and don't question it! That's how we move forward in life!
It's fine to question our scientific understanding if you're going to refute that understanding with better science.

Blindly rejecting science, which is what you and others like you are doing, is just stupid.

Reactions: The Catboy

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm, just giving a piece of my opinion on science here.
1. In science, scientists/researchers make some hypotheses on something.
2. Then they test the hypotheses with some mathematical proofs, experiments, or surveys.
3. Then they post the result as academic papers in journals or conferences as a contribution to the research topic/field.

The results may match or may not match the hypotheses. However, the result "should" be repeatable, well because science shows something being true through proof that can be repeated consistently under the test condition.
Now, the keyword here is "should" and "consistently under the test condition/configuration".

The keyword should is not always followed by all scientists/researchers, to prevent this, journals and conferences use "peer reviews from experts (which is someone in the scientific community) in the field."

The issue is that average people not in the scientific community do not really have a picture of what science is even though they are introduced in high schools. Mainstream media often says that the science is wrong just because the proof in the scientific papers do not match their result. This mismatch is usually a product of different test conditions/configurations, which is expected by the scientific community but not the average people/media.

To make this worse, the media often do not want to hire scientists to help them make their news accurate. As a result, the scientific community gets the blame from the average people.

Claim: I am not a scientist in the medical field and I have no idea in detail how the mRNA vaccine works or why the virus is deadly.

However, if someone in the field (scientists/researchers) makes some claim with scientific proof, then I will believe them over the news reporters with no educational background in medical fields.

I am not saying you should not trust Facebook Reddit or other social media (even GBATemp). In science, the proof, the test conditions, or the survey conditions are crucial. Do your own research. We live in an information society. Information is on the internet, you can educate yourself. The average joe nowadays can have more knowledge than some Ph.D. holders thanks to the internet.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am starting to believe that there is no source to this claim and you just made it up, like all of the other claims you’ve made in the past.
I take it you are unfamiliar with the incentivized practice of hospitals labelling everything Covid. Is it really shocking to you or are you trying to be relevant via outrage?

You ever hear about the guy who died while getting hit by a train?

Not sure what you imply.
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine to question our scientific understanding if you're going to refute that understanding with better science.

Blindly rejecting science, which is what you and others like you are doing, is just stupid.
Of course we are! By simply questioning something that doesn't seem right, and or may be concerning to our bodies, we just reject the science instead of following it like the upstanding citizen you are! When will the people of my ilk ever learn?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

I'm so sorry I'm such a lost cause to you. I should be ashamed and just the mainstream media more, because they never lie and are filled to the brim with integrity, unlike those other small independent racist conservative news networks.
man-shot-33-times-dies-from-covid19.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: BitMasterPlus

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I take it you are unfamiliar with the incentivized practice of hospitals labelling everything Covid. Is it really shocking to you or are you trying to be relevant via outrage?

You ever hear about the guy who died while getting hit by a train?

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Have you ever heard of posting a source? You made a claim, a pretty bold one too and that should have a source to it.
Of course we are! By simply questioning something that doesn't seem right, and or may be concerning to our bodies, we just reject the science instead of following it like the upstanding citizen you are! When will the people of my ilk ever learn?
Questioning is one thing, it's good to be skeptical. But it becomes concerning when you become so skeptical of everything that you are willing to allow yourself to believe in unprovable conspiracies. You've only posted links to either debunked articles, articles completely misquoting their sources, or complete nonsense from Youtube. Why the hesitation towards academic studies, medical research, or anything that can be taken seriously? Why do you feel the need to stick to sources that reassure your beliefs without questioning those sources? Why don't you question why your links misquote studies or why your links often only link back to either the same site or other questionable links?

Reactions: KingVamp and Lacius

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questioning is one thing, it's good to be skeptical. But it becomes concerning when you become so skeptical of everything that you are willing to allow yourself to believe in unprovable conspiracies. You've only posted links to either debunked articles, articles completely misquoting their sources, or complete nonsense from Youtube. Why the hesitation towards academic studies, medical research, or anything that can be taken seriously? Why do you feel the need to stick to sources that reassure your beliefs without questioning those sources? Why don't you question why your links misquote studies or why your links often only link back to either the same site or other questionable links?
You're so right, I need to stop believing in such conspiracies. Might I ask which ones are wrong?

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes,back in 2013...

- over 40° Fever for 2 - 3 Days
- very difficulty breathing combined with
- dry Cough (so hard that me Head is hurting from that and I almost lost consciousness a few times...)
- Loss of smell and taste
- yes of course I was tired,after that 3 Days....:rolleyes:
...slept another 3 Days without getting really awake,only to change clothes and go pee..

And..oh god..no Testing......no Vaccination....no Doctor...
...only cold compresses,Cloves and Violet Oil for Pain relief...and the Will to get well...

Lost a lot of Weight because of sweating like a Pig...

But back then it wasn't made of a total idiot show...

But wait,no that was no Covid.....
back then it was not a pandemic... I don't know why people can't understand the difference... covid is not a controlled disease yet as opposed to flu.. once it becomes under control (health centers are not oversaturated and we have all monitoring and vaccination programme in place like flu control), then we can treat it like a normal seasonal disease....

• Haha
Reactions: Alexander1970

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Have you ever heard of posting a source? You made a claim, a pretty bold one too and that should have a source to it.

It's not that bold. Hyperbolized, yes, but to understand the sentiment, you need to be able to exist outside of the experiment itself. You are a test subject, so you no longer have your own agency. Basically, you are apart of "the blob" and not capable of thinking for yourself. The rest of your life depends on it working. There is literally nothing that I can do to make it work better for you--unless you are soliciting placebo. I don't think placebo works great with denial, btw. Sorry.

If I ever doubt my capacity to interpret what's going on with "the science", aka pharmaceutical purchased propaganda, all I need to do is read over the pages of dirty laundry you air about how well it is improving your life.

I have no complaints.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: BitMasterPlus

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not a cited source, but personal anecdote. This actually happened to a family friend. He was already in really bad shape, on oxygen and everything. He died, and the hospital marked the cause of death as Covid. His wife complained that he had tested negative and it wasn't Covid but pre-existing conditions, and the hospital responded with something along the lines of "If we mark it as Covid, we get money and your insurance is more likely to pay out more" She didn't want it recorded as Covid if it wasn't, and they did it anyways.

Then, they demanded she go into quarantine because "her husband died of Covid, it says so on his medical record that they just filled out. So, she must have been exposed and needs to quarantine"

Again, I know it's not a cited source and is only a personal anecdote. Feel free to believe me or not. I do have to ask, though, if this were to happen more than just individual cases, how exactly would somebody find a cited source exposing it? I mean, if false information is being given to the media and news sources, the news sources are going to be reporting the false information. For this particular thing, isn't asking for a cited source sort of a Catch-22?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not a cited source, but personal anecdote. This actually happened to a family friend. He was already in really bad shape, on oxygen and everything. He died, and the hospital marked the cause of death as Covid. His wife complained that he had tested negative and it wasn't Covid but pre-existing conditions, and the hospital responded with something along the lines of "If we mark it as Covid, we get money and your insurance is more likely to pay out more" She didn't want it recorded as Covid if it wasn't, and they did it anyways.

Then, they demanded she go into quarantine because "her husband died of Covid, it says so on his medical record that they just filled out. So, she must have been exposed and needs to quarantine"

Again, I know it's not a cited source and is only a personal anecdote. Feel free to believe me or not. I do have to ask, though, if this were to happen more than just individual cases, how exactly would somebody find a cited source exposing it? I mean, if false information is being given to the media and news sources, the news sources are going to be reporting the false information. For this particular thing, isn't asking for a cited source sort of a Catch-22?

Let me know when CNN calls for an interview.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
back then it was not a pandemic... I don't know why people can't understand the difference... covid is not a controlled disease yet as opposed to flu.. once it becomes under control (health centers are not oversaturated and we have all monitoring and vaccination programme in place like flu control), then we can treat it like a normal seasonal disease....
Yes,Mister Doktor.
I am very happy we have People like you who knows best for all Human Beings.
Thank you for your only Opinion.Now I can sleep better and Life is good again.

Reactions: kisamesama

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not that bold. Hyperbolized, yes, but to understand the sentiment, you need to be able to exist outside of the experiment itself. You are a test subject, so you no longer have your own agency. Basically, you are apart of "the blob" and not capable of thinking for yourself. The rest of your life depends on it working. There is literally nothing that I can do to make it work better for you--unless you are soliciting placebo. I don't think placebo works great with denial, btw. Sorry.

If I ever doubt my capacity to interpret what's going on with "the science", aka pharmaceutical purchased propaganda, all I need to do is read over the pages of dirty laundry you air about how well it is improving your life.

I have no complaints.
Here’s your claims, where’s the damn sauce?
99% of the people who died right after getting vaccinated "cannot be evaluated" of it being due to the vaccine due to it possibly being a coincidence yet 110% of people who died while having coronavirus in their system are all corona deaths. This is an obvious double-standard.
You made claims with statistics involved, thus there should be something to back those statistics.
You're so right, I need to stop believing in such conspiracies. Might I ask which ones are wrong?
I’ve already commented on these posts and they are only within the past 3 to 4 pages (if that.) You even replied to them with the same sarcastic comment.

This has nothing to do with the claims I am asking for a source on. It only turned to this when pressured and I won’t be entertaining anecdotes because those aren’t worth arguing. But a claim like the one I’ve been quoting, that has hard claims in it and should be requested the source to where he got those numbers.

Last edited by The Catboy,

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve already commented on these posts and they are only within the past 3 to 4 pages (if that.) You even replied to them with the same sarcastic comment.
So no specifics, huh? Only going back to the biased and blatant lies completely factual and founded claims you posted, huh? You sir, have beaten me at my own game, I take my hat off to you.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So no specifics, huh? Only going back to the biased and blatant lies completely factual and founded claims you posted, huh? You sir, have beaten me at my own game, I take my hat off to you.
Of course nothing's been suppressed, duh. Neither has any side effects. I'm totally not being sarcastic my good man.
This is not a verified source and the claims are suspect at best. Checking through the comments shows more questions about the article and the legitimacy of the editorial.
Once again, you are totally and completely right. I mean, the information about covid deaths before because of comorbidities was not blocked by the medical professionals and the media for the past 2 years, as they have always been transparent from day one and have not called out people who have said so "conspiracy theorists" in order to silence them. That has never happened. As for the unvaccinated, I don't know why they still won't get the jab, I mean, what's not to trust from these people? Especially from someone like Dr.Fauci, a man who I would trust me life to.

Nope, because there is absolutely no side-effects on any of the vaccines at all. So shut up and shoot up!
You deliberately misinterpreted my request here and then posted far-right websites that misquote or makeup stories. They don't properly cite their sources and you would realize that if you actually researched the topic instead of just believing shit that confirms your beliefs.
Hey man I totally and completely agree with you 100%. It's clear that more people die from being unvaccinated rather than getting vaccinated, and even if the vaccine isn't fully effective, it does appear to be effective enough to stop any kind of outbreaks. All these racist conspiracy theories need to stop once and for all!
You used the same conspiracy site and outdated articles that were written before the understanding of Delta and Omicron.
I suppose that article is a bit dated, but there are more articles that vaccines do completely work, so the unvaccinated should get it and stop clogging up the hospitals. Selfish bastards.
Again with the same conspiracy site coupled with a clear understanding that you didn't read any of the sources.
Most of your posts are the same conspiracy site that is provably an organization that spreads misinformation, which of course you dismissed. Can you actually prove that it's a trustworthy site? You didn't even address the concerns with the ties to a far-right political and religious cult. Why is it that you misquote sources and post nonsense, then get snippy when people call you out on it?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This has nothing to do with the claims I am asking for a source on.
If you aren't disputing that the data coming from hospitals regarding covid-related/caused death is unreliable, what's your problem? You saw numbers and they triggered you? What part of the comment offended you?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't disputing that the data coming from hospitals regarding covid-related/caused death is unreliable, what's your problem? You saw numbers and they triggered you? What part of the comment offended you?
Was your goal to ignore everything @The Catboy said to you directly? Are your positions literally that indefensible?

Reactions: The Catboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse