• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Have you had Covid-19 before?

Have you had Covid-19?

• No

Votes: 159 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 118 34.3%
  • Don't know / Never been tested

Votes: 67 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

That’s literally a chart of Google search results, which of course spiked when the claims of myocarditis were reported. Google search results are not a reliable source. Kirsch is also not an expert and has a history of spreading misinformation
https://www.technologyreview.com/20...teve-kirsch-covid-vaccine-misinformation/amp/

It’s worth noting that there have some been a few cases of mostly teenage boys having temporary side effects from the vaccines. They have been extremely rare and had cleared up after a few hours (normally only a few days at max.) There has not been a death reported as a result from these side-effects.
https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/w...78vGKUV-HgyoBAiqsMDmaV1PnLwCZWZRoC6ToQAvD_BwE

This site is literally misquoting it’s sources

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like SOME people have started to realise what's going on are idiots who believe conspiracies they have no evidence for.
There, fixed it for you.

I don't think anybody claims myocarditis was more prevalent before vaccination started. I wonder who is that Twitter person talking about when he says "they", perhaps his imaginary friends?
Covid 19 can also cause Myocarditis, I don't know but maybe it was more prevalent before vaccination started.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see any specific claims of specific side effects that are being hidden or ignored, and I definitely don't see any evidence. If you're indeed claiming that there's scientific evidence for these side effects, I'm all ears. Forgive me if I'm not holding my breath though.

In the absence of reputable evidence, a lot of what you've said is tantamount to "another loony conspiracy theory," yes.
Well of course not, considering your general attitude, it's not because you choose to ignore what's actually going on around you and refuse to look into the subject more and just take the droll the government gives out, nope, it's because you believe in the science like a good sheep model citizen that you are. You are the true an hero and I salute you, good sir!

This isn’t based on how I feel, it’s based on researching the topics posted and sources they came from or listed. The Epoch Times is a known misinformation website and has a long history of spreading propaganda.
https://www.businessinsider.com/epoch-times-pro-trump-facebook-ads-2019-8
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...ay-behind-facebook-fueled-rise-epoch-n1044121
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hayesbrown/epoch-times-trump-administration-falun-gong
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...edia-epoch-times-democrats-chinese-communists
Oh yeah, and it's also tethered to a cult, the cult of Falun Gong.
Your links are no sources, they aren't linked to anything legit. They are far-right political and religious propaganda.
YouTube isn't a source and it's sad that you think it is.

Where's your source?
Oh damn, those are some bad ass sources you have there. I gotta say, I know when I've been beaten. Those are clearly not bullshit biased articles that aren't even worth their weight in shit, nope, you've cracked it wide open my man. I can see why you're so picky about sources if these are your golden standard, the types of sources that clearly don't lie and manipulate. I'm the sad one, you're the golden standard I could never, ever hope to achieve. Please, no one respond to this man without a "legitimate" source first.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well of course not, considering your general attitude, it's not because you choose to ignore what's actually going on around you and refuse to look into the subject more and just take the droll the government gives out, nope, it's because you believe in the science like a good sheep model citizen that you are. You are the true an hero and I salute you, good sir!

Oh damn, those are some bad ass sources you have there. I gotta say, I know when I've been beaten. Those are clearly not bullshit biased articles that aren't even worth their weight in shit, nope, you've cracked it wide open my man. I can see why you're so picky about sources if these are your golden standard, the types of sources that clearly don't lie and manipulate. I'm the sad one, you're the golden standard I could never, ever hope to achieve. Please, no one respond to this man without a "legitimate" source first.
I’ve stopped trying to convince people like you. I am only debunking your post in a hopes those on the fence don’t fall over to your side and stay in the side of logic and science. You can stick to your conspiracy websites funded by Far-Right cults but I am not going to let them go unchallenged.

Reactions: KingVamp and Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your viewpoint requires you to start arguing against science broadly, it's probably a poor viewpoint.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm vaxxed but i got corona back in October and was stuck in bed with a headache, sore throat, and fever for 3 days. I didn't die or anything since I'm young, but I haven't been bed-ridden sick since like 2016 so it was shocking to feel like a frail old person for the first time in forever

kinda messed up question but I wonder how many users on the temp have died from it so far

Last edited by orangy57,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm vaxxed but i got corona back in October and was stuck in bed with a headache, sore throat, and fever for 3 days. I didn't die or anything since I'm young, but I haven't been bed-ridden sick since like 2016 so it was shocking to feel like a frail old person for the first time in forever

kinda messed up question but I wonder how many users on the temp have died from it so far
The long term side effects of Covid have not been fun. I am still been dealing a lot of fatigue and soreness since getting Covid at the end of 2021. I did have a night when my wife had to quickly cool me down due to how high my fever had gotten. It was not a pleasant experience, I am not confident that I would have survived if I hadn’t been vaccinated and my wife hadn’t noticed I was burning ups
I often wonder about some of the members who were super active and just suddenly vanished. I hope they are ok and just dipped off the temp but sometimes I worry about them.

Reactions: Lacius and orangy57

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: Lacius

AskingForTrouble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of us in the United States can now order free at-home COVID-19 tests directly from the post office website:

https://www.covidtests.gov/
I personally wouldn’t trust those. I’m not sure what the accuracy rate it, but the false positives can give people a false sense of security and put a lot more people in danger of contracting the virus. That’s not to say testing should be done, but I’d be very skeptical of any result from an at-home test.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally wouldn’t trust those. I’m not sure what the accuracy rate it, but the false positives can give people a false sense of security and put a lot more people in danger of contracting the virus. That’s not to say testing should be done, but I’d be very skeptical of any result from an at-home test.
Your concerns are legitimate, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that one "shouldn't trust" them.

False negatives are possible, but the at-home tests are reasonably accurate. Something like 85% of positive cases will be caught by most at-home tests, and this number shoots up significantly if the person being tested is experiencing symptoms. Using multiple tests within a day or two of each other also yields far more accurate results.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: The Catboy

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be honest, I don't trust at-home antigen tests any less than those performed on a testing site. Antigen tests are not so sensitive, specially in early days, specially against omicron. But it is better than nothing, anyway if you feel sick behave like you're sick.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Lacius

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I and my parents get Covid but solved in 1-3 weeks in August 2021. My dad solve about 2 weeks and 3-5 days. August 2021 is first time hit me and my parents. I and my parents never get covid vaccine because my mom warned me about side effect from bad vaccine can make people feel very bad, very hurt or go to dead / death anytime.

I recovered myself 9-11 days faster from covid. My mom is almost similar. That's where my dad get covid from his work. First when I feel headache like electric shock inside my head for 3-4 days. Ouch ouch ouch it's really hurt so bad just like bad storm thunderstorm inside my head! I think because I had a lot of electrolytes inside my health are processed to stop and kill covid in natural immune way. Then running water come out of my nose for about 2-3 days Then I just had fever, chilly and lost taste/smell in half. Took about 3 days to return back to normal for have taste and smell back again just like before.

But very lucky for me don't have trouble breath because covid don't get in my lungs. Just mouth only. I drink a lot of alkaline water (8.8 pH to 10 pH) with electrolytes to stop all covid breed inside body. It's get a lot better faster health improve. Never drink soda because of bad acid! I refuse and never trust cheap water bottles or gallons without electrolytes and weak pH level like 7 or less are not approved.

I and my parents took vitimans A, C and other help to stop covid. My mom help my dad with horse paste because he had trouble breath from his lungs. Horse paste saved my dad's life and everything go very good!

Don't listen on news (internet, radio, TV) are all lied and fool us and people. Federal and governments want us to get killed by take covid vaccines to destroy our natural immune in our body. My mom told me. Just ignore news then move on and keep going strong. Always ignore covid vaccines to keep us safe from any threats to prevent wreck our health systems.

My mom told me that few women workers who are nurses in hospital to use horse paste to mix with any yogurts to feed very sick people with covid and get recover very faster in any one day, two days, 3 days and go on to save all people life to be successful then go to home with family!

It's covid type is Delta what I and my parents got from my dad work. Awful!

I and my parents are normal and in perfect good health now. Never get covid vaccine period. ;)

Last edited by console,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs