• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Have you had Covid-19 before?

Have you had Covid-19?

• No

Votes: 159 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 118 34.3%
  • Don't know / Never been tested

Votes: 67 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Finally.... I got stupid positif covd since Monday, because of cough, fever, headache, loss of taste or smell etc... :cry: But don't worry because I already inject 2 dos vaccine Sinovac, just got stupid DELTA covid right now... šŸ’‰ Quarantine in my home. šŸ 

Very sorry to hear...šŸ˜¢

....and sorry to say....it is like a Flu.......Vaccination - good....but a "Naturally" going through "the disease would also help the Body / immune System ...you will see it next Year,for sure.šŸ˜‰

Reactions: JuanMena

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

....and sorry to say....it is like a Flu.......Vaccination - good....but a "Naturally" going through "the disease would also help the Body / immune System ...you will see it next Year,for sure.šŸ˜‰
Is OK! After 14 days just this November, I will free from stupid virus! šŸ˜‡

Reactions: Alexander1970

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Never had it, but I've had full-on flu before (stuck in bed for at least a week), and if Covid is anything like that, or worse, no thank you.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Covid-19 is a disease that arrived to stay.
People often thinks that it's "just a flu", and that made me wonder if any of you guys has had it before.

I've had it.

Last year's December got sick for over 12-20 days.
I lost my sense of smell and taste 3 days after I noticed my itchy throat.
I tried to get into a hospital but got sent back home.
I tried to get a test and they never arrived.
After Christmas, got tested with "negative results", but what I experienced was NOT a simple seasonal flu or influenza.

Fortunately it didn't got awfully bad.
In my experience it started like any other common viral infection on the throat. Some soreness, itching, nose dripping, fever, etc.
I got my senses back little after the 25th.
I'm someone that rarely gets sick, and the last time I did was in 2016.

I know this because I keep a journal where I take notes everytime I get sick, it happens that I'm allergic to most common medicines and taking notes on what I got on my prescription, helps doctors threat me better the next time I get sick in order to avoid side effects.

Today I read that there's 4 new variations of the virus throughout the world. And that's not surprising as stational flu evolves every year or so, which is why every year you should get vaccinated against.

Covid-19 will be the exact same as the flu.
I mean, I'm not an expert... but regardless of how much we take care of ourselves, we will get it eventually at some point of our lives.
And then, you'll be able to say: "It's just another flu"

So, out of curiosity, I'd like to know:
Have you had Covid-19 before?
I had it, My experience was like a bad flu, but I was not at any risk of dying, I did not lose my sense of smell or taste, I never had issues breathing that I noticed. I tested positive, and was sent home and self quarantined till I got better. Used Vitamin C, cold meds and flu meds to fight the flu like symptoms, and smoked pot lol. that's about it. oh, and I was not vaccinated at the time, and this was durring the peak of the pandemic.

TBH I'm not sure why some people react so bad to it and others don't... It's such a picky choosy virus.

I have a friend that's recovering from it, he almost died cause he got Pneumonia at the same time, and it's effed up his lungs pretty bad, and he has to be on O2.

Also just wanted to add this

You mentioned that some think it's "just a flu", well to some, Like me, who had it but it did not effect me as bad as it does some people, it was no worse than a bad flu in my case... so in a way, it was like that. I know it's not a the flu, I'm just saying, My experience was very mild than typical Covid-19 cases ya hear about in the news.

Last edited by JayBae,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I had it two weeks ago starting on Christmas, had nearly all the symptoms. It was okay, the fatigue and fever was annoying though.

That flu I had back in 2017 was so much much much worse.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TBH I'm not sure why some people react so bad to it and others don't... It's such a picky choosy virus.
Some studiee found that the type of your blood might have correlation to wether you get a bad experience or not.

But one thing for sure is that people with chronic diseases or a weak immune system are the ones that turns extremely bad.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some studiee found that the type of your blood might have correlation to wether you get a bad experience or not.

But one thing for sure is that people with chronic diseases or a weak immune system are the ones that turns extremely bad.
See that's another thing, I'm disabled with a disease I was born with, I have Becker's muscular dystrophy. Like yeah that mostly effects my legs muscles and junk, but it has a mix of many other health issues, and breathing issues is one of them cause of weakness in the muscles that help in that, amoung heart issues and other junk... When the pandemic first happen, I thought it would straight up kill me if I caught it, yet when I got it, it was nowhere near as bad as I had expected.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Yes Alexander you're totally right about this.

When you get the Vaccine, you prepare your body to the disease because you create antibodies against it.
Having Covid while being unvaccinated puts you at risk because you don't know if you're going to develop Pneumonia or another kind of chronic respiratory illness.

This is why it's important to be vaccinated, if you value your own life.
(Not targeting you Alexander, just saying to anyone who's reading this)

Studies claim that people that has had it prior to vaccination, has a boosted effect in antibodies when they get vaccinated and has better chances of feeling Covid as a normal flu.

Besides, when a virus evolves it gets progressively weaker the more it mutates.
It might be harder to get rid off, but it's effects are less powerful that the first virus or first variants.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: The Catboy

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I did mention I was unvacinated when I got it, the vaccine did not even exist yet. So either I'm just super lucky, or my immune system is the hulk... cause I really thought I'd die if I got it.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
See that's another thing, I'm disabled with a disease I was born with, I have Becker's muscular dystrophy. Like yeah that mostly effects my legs muscles and junk, but it has a mix of many other health issues, and breathing issues is one of them cause of weakness in the muscles that help in that, amoung heart issues and other junk... When the pandemic first happen, I thought it would straight up kill me if I caught it, yet when I got it, it was nowhere near as bad as I had expected.
Same for me, although I don't have your disease, I do have a Heart Disease that puts me at a higher risk.

When I got Covid, I got totally confident that that was it. Kidding you not, I'm surprised I survived... but I blame that to my blood type and my healthy life style.

When I first read that vaccines were causing trouble to people like you and me, I was hesitant about getting the shot or not.
But I thought that it couldn't be near as bad as getting Covid for the first time, and I took the risk.

Didn't get past a 2 day fever and blood pressure issues (which is something I deal with nearly everyday) and don't ask me about the first time because I don't remember much about it. If it wasn't because I wrote about it on my blog I wouldn't have anything to remember other thab the first time I got my Taste and Smell senses back... and even now some things smells and tastes awful.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
I ended up testing positive 2 weeks before Christmas.

I had a bit of a sore throat, runny nose and for the first day was quite lethargic. The day after though the lethargy had gone and was otherwise fit and well.

10 days of playing video games wore me out though, couldn't wait to get back to work :D

• Haha
Reactions: JayBae

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I should mention, I'm partially Vegetarian, I eat meat very rarely, So i'm rather healthy, I'm curious if peeps diets or lifestyles had a play in how bad it effected them?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I literally JUST recovered from covid, probly Omicron since I've been in contact with a person outside from my home without a mask only once and caught covid two days later.
I probably won't suffer from long covid though

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboyā„¢: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just yesterday I finally tested negative for Covid. I tested positive right on December 30th. Covid was hands down the worst experience I had in my life. I am also lucky to have gotten vaccinated because I definitely would have died from it. I am immunocompromised and Covid was bad enough with all the vaccinations.
Maybe I should mention, I'm partially Vegetarian, I eat meat very rarely, So i'm rather healthy, I'm curious if peeps diets or lifestyles had a play in how bad it effected them?
I am mostly a vegetarian and only eat fish occasionally. I canā€™t eat red meat because I am allergic to it. I also rarely leave my home due to my immune disorder. Now my immune disorder definitely played into how bad Covid was for me.

I would have died if I wasnā€™t vaccinated. My immune system doesnā€™t handle things very well. I nearly died from the flu the one time I skipped a vaccination.

Last edited by The Catboy,
  • Wow
Reactions: Lacius

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Just yesterday I finally tested negative for Covid. I tested positive right on December 30th. Covid was hands down the worst experience I had in my life. I am also lucky to have gotten vaccinated because I definitely would have died from it. I am immunocompromised and Covid was bad enough with all the vaccinations.

I am mostly a vegetarian and only eat fish occasionally. I canā€™t eat red meat because I am allergic to it. I also rarely leave my home due to my immune disorder. Now my immune disorder definitely played into how bad Covid was for me.

I would have died if I wasnā€™t vaccinated. My immune system doesnā€™t handle things very well. I nearly died from the flu the one time I skipped a vaccination.
For you the Vaccination was/is a Lifesaver.Thank God.šŸ’•šŸ˜‰
Many People with an weak (or not existend) Immunesystem has survived because of it.
We can be very,very glad to have the Vaccines.

And I also hope,your Immunesystem gets better (maybe recover) in the next Years) with more Vaccinations.
Many People really need it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboyā„¢: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For you the Vaccination was/is a Lifesaver.Thank God.šŸ’•šŸ˜‰
Many People with an weak (or not existend) Immunesystem has survived because of it.
We can be very,very glad to have the Vaccines.

And I also hope,your Immunesystem gets better (maybe recover) in the next Years) with more Vaccinations.
Many People really need it.
Thanks, it wonā€™t though. My immune system disorder is caused from either Lupus or BehƧet's disease (we should be narrowing this down in some upcoming appointments with a rheumatologist.) This has plagued me since my late teens. Vaccines help keep illness from killing me but it doesnā€™t help when people are out there doing shit like not getting vaccinated, not washing their hands, and not taking illnesses seriously. Iā€™ve seen people who were visibly ill in stores without a mask or gloves or anything to protect other people. This is actually why I rarely leave my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: