• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Have you had Covid-19 before?

Have you had Covid-19?

• No

Votes: 159 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 118 34.3%
  • Don't know / Never been tested

Votes: 67 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
From what my friend said, she didn't know what was going on, didn't know why she was being hooked up to a ventilator, didn't know what Cov19 even was, and didn't know she was dying from it.
Oh, sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

confusion is sadly a symptom of covid. you have no idea where you are, or whats going on, and can never figure it out unless you get better.
Now that you mention it... had that symptom whilst I was sick.

Reactions: Xzi

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should go get tested one of these days. Oddly, I remember back in 2019, I got extremely ill in November. I wanted to die at certain points. However, when I got lab results back, they thought I had pneumonia. However, weeks later, I got email stating that they did not know what I had..

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To my knowledge, I haven’t caught it. There were a few false alarms, including a flu so bad that all signs pointed to Covid until my wife and I were tested (twice) and determined to be a really bad flu. I’ve been doing my best to follow all preventative measures and it seems to be paying off.
I did have one flu back in December of 2019 that I caught for working Black Friday. It had all of the symptoms and didn’t show up on any of the known flu tests back then. The only reason I don’t suspect it was Covid is because my wife didn’t get sick. But I haven’t had any tests run to see if my body has any immunity cells or not.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: BigOnYa

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a hunch I have had it back in January 2020 considering i had most symptoms and stinging / burning pains in my lungs and was pretty fatigued for a week or so.
Then finally started to fade away, if it had gotten any worse I would've gone to a doctor but back then it was just started going around china / barely europe
But in the end I have no clue.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Last February when Covid was (seemingly) mostly contained in China, me and several of my friends got badly sick, it definitely wasn't the flu but we had no clue what else it could be.

Looking back I'm pretty sure we all had Covid at that time but it's hard to tell because there were very few recorded cases at the time so there's no way to 100% know for sure since I didn't get tested, and regardless testing wasn't very robust at the time.

Last edited by Seliph,

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
I am not sure if I ever was a SARS-CoV-2 asymptomatic because of the fact that the swab tests don't exist here (in their place, a lame X-Ray test which won't prove anything), but with the fact that my entire family got it (even my mother) is enough for me to be afraid of it.

Those who think SARS-CoV-2 don't exist are incredibly foolish. Natural selection will do its job -- death awaits them.

Reactions: Ricken

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If there's anything I've learned is that actively avoiding crowds, wearing a mask, and keeping myself clean has helped keep me from getting Covid. Luckily, I got both shots and I don't plan on changing my lifestyle back to the pre-covid ways. I am enjoying not getting sick as much as I used to.

D

Deleted User

Some time early last year my parents got really sick from something. Don't know what it was but it was pretty bad. It could've been COVID, but I don't know as they weren't tested then. Whatever it was I somehow didn't have any symptoms from it.

D

Deleted member 568048

No, atleast I don't think
I did get a flu awhile ago but it lasted for 2 days and it was the most easy flu I ever had. it was more annoying than painful.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've might have had it. Before midsummer last year. I had issues breathing, it hurt like a motherfucker in the lungs. Like really bad. Like someone was stabbing you, short on breath etc. fever, feeling just really, really ill.

I waited at home for 5 days before they allowed me to go to the ER to get checked. My breathing was better, but I was coughing like an old rustbucket. They tried my breathing and it was around 95. Which is the lowest I ever had, I'm normal 98 to 100. They took my blood and saw I had something, but they had so many patients inside and I wasn't dying, that they recommended me to stay home.

Sweden at the time didn't do tests except when someone was on the sickbed. So after like a month, I manage to get a PCR. But then I were fine. After 6 months, you could do antibodies test and I had none inside me. So it's a mystery. The doctor I spoke to think I might have had it, but since nothing say that I did except the blood test that said I had a big increase in white blood cells, they don't know.

Tested positive for COVID last Wednesday. Feel 90% better now but my sense of smell is shot. Taste is 80% back though.
I hope you get a speedy recovery!

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Finally.... I got stupid positif covd since Monday, because of cough, fever, headache, loss of taste or smell etc... :cry: But don't worry because I already inject 2 dos vaccine Sinovac, just got stupid DELTA covid right now... 💉 Quarantine in my home. 🏠

• Sad
Reactions: Alexander1970

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yup, had it last year around November. I was very tired, no fever, some backpain and lost taste/smell for 3-4 days (without any reason, I had no runny nose or anything).

Got tested and was positive, but was sure as my gf was positive too before me.

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
My youngest daughter had it. No side effects nothing. My other 2 children even spent the whole time in isolation in the same room has her and they never got it. Me and my partner never did either and i know other families who were in the same position. Can't be that contagious since no others in the households got it 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1