• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Have you had Covid-19 before?

Have you had Covid-19?

• No

Votes: 159 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 118 34.3%
  • Don't know / Never been tested

Votes: 67 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about a month ago, I developed a fever, went to get tested the next day, came back negative, fever went up to 105.5F later that week, 5 days later, fever was still there, went to get tested again, came back positive, had the fever for over 2 weeks, and another week and a half of extreme fatigue before finally feeling better, went o get another another test 5 days after the fever broke, came back negative

only symptoms I had:
High persistent fever for 2 weeks
high fatigue
lack of appetite

lost 15 lbs, never lost sense of taste and smell

46Zdgxr.png

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
about a month ago, I developed a fever, went to get tested the next day, came back negative, fever went up to 105.5F later that week, 5 days later, fever was still there, went to get tested again, came back positive, had the fever for over 2 weeks, and another week and a half of extreme fatigue before finally feeling better, went o get another another test 5 days after the fever broke, came back negative

only symptoms I had:
High persistent fever for 2 weeks
high fatigue
lack of appetite

lost 15 lbs, never lost sense of taste and smell

46Zdgxr.png
Dude! I know that thinking everyone with Covid will experience the same symptoms is unrealistic, but your case is super weird.
Specially because you didn't lost your senses.
Can I ask you something?
Food tastes the same to you?

For instance, dad can't tolerate eggs now.
Sister can't tolerate onion.
Mom can't tolerate tomato, cream, lemon.
I can't tolerate tomatoes neither.

Have you experienced something like this after having Covid?

Last edited by JuanMena,

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Tested positive on 31/12.
Got tested cause dad had positive on 27/12.
Actually, not a big fever as everyone says, but lost smell and taste for a week (30/12 to 5/1)
And i think i've got a good thing from the covid, i seem to have lost allergic to dust mites (still trying to make a test for it).
For me has been a pretty normal virus/flu besides the smell/taste issue.

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
Tested positive on 31/12.
Got tested cause dad had positive on 27/12.
Actually, not a big fever as everyone says, but lost smell and taste for a week (30/12 to 5/1)
And i think i've got a good thing from the covid, i seem to have lost allergic to dust mites (still trying to make a test for it).
For me has been a pretty normal virus/flu besides the smell/taste issue.
Thank god you survived, this virus is very dangerous.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guess what? I did the Mario Party poll way before you did.
I'm the poll god.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/poll-vote-for-the-best-mario-party-game.571932/
Goddammit!! I done one in December as my kids wanted to play the best one. I wouldn't have if I saw yours!!!

Regarding the question at large here....

I'm positive I had it November 2019 but no testing or even knowledge about it then to be sure. In my line of work I was constantly around international travellers back then and was floored for 2 months with every symptom I've read about relating to the virus and lost about 5 stone in weight. I'm really glad that if it was covid then it wasn't as serious or fatal as we know it can be now but nothing has ever floored me the way that illness did then. I knew at the time it was something worse but the hospital told me it was just flu.

Rode it out for the 2 months by mainly sleeping, then felt good enough to eat gradually again and got back to normal when it became obvious what was happening in the world.

Who knows though!

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank god you survived, this virus is very dangerous.
I can understand this virus can be deadly for a lot of people who has previous issues, but frankly, i'm pretty sure most of the population has had it once and a very high % had it with no symptoms.
Is deadly, obviously, like the yearly Flu.
I think the worst of it is the chronicle issues you may get forever if you have it. That's the scariest part IMO.
If you die, well, you die; but if you must live rest of your life with out of breath for just going upstairs, your life is worsened forever and i, PERSONALLY, would prefer death.

Again, IMHO.

And said that, masks are absolutely necessary and i keep using it even knowing i have 6 months immunity (or so they said) and everyone should use it too.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm 95% sure I did catch it in early December. My mom was working as a home hospice nurse and my dad was mostly working from home, but they both tested positive despite all precautions. Some time after that, maybe a little less than a week, I started feeling symptoms too. Thankfully symptoms for all three of us were mild, and it's likely we were introduced to a very small viral dose. I was somewhat short of breath a couple days in a row, which wasn't fun by any means, but thank random deity that it wasn't bad enough where I felt I'd pass out or need to go to the hospital.

Worst part is that it's still possible to catch it again two or three months later. Then you're just rolling the dice again. Gimme dat vaccine.

Last edited by Xzi,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have got it from my girlfriend at the tail end of 2019; she was so sick she couldn't walk and she couldn't smell/taste so covid is the easiest guess, right?
I started feeling sick about a week after she got better so the incubation time lines up too
But nobody in our families got it from us :unsure:

Reactions: Xzi

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, and I'm quite scared to catch it. My cousin lives in another state, had it, and nearly died from it.

My friend's grand mom died from it, because they kept allowing people who tested positive with Cov19 into her retirement home. She didn't get to see her family while dying, and died very confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users