Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takeshi said:
It's about (!) 50/50 for now, so either there aren't many people voting that didn't get one, or a lot more people than I thought got one.

When I was picking mine up the store had plenty left, which somehow made me wonder why they pulled this whole 'Preorder yours to get one'-scheme. There was not the least sign of a shortage and, honestly, I don't think there will be one.

One Gamestop near me didn't have any that weren't already reserved. The other had plenty of them in stock, and barely any reserves.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I might consider buying a DSi when I can flash a custom firmware and run stuff of the SD card. Other than that, I don't see any benefit in buying the same system over an over.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
I picked mine up on the European day of release, as soon as HMV in Oxford Street opened. I think I'm in love with this thing.
tongue.gif

terminator99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PuyoDead said:
Picked mine up last night. I'm completely satisfied with it. It really is a whole new system. Too many people are hung up on thinking that the cameras and sd slot are the only reasons to justify it. Nobody is taking into account that the entire new physical system build and over twice as powerful system specs are the real improvements.

But hey, these are probably the same people that complained about the DSL when it came out. Once the DSi is fully adopted, and games are made specifically for it, people will come around. It's just too early right now.

Im also satisfied with the NDSi, I don't give a shit about the cambera's but i like the screens tho, and the controls are mega responsive too
I got it for future homebrew and im using DSTTi on it atm, soon there will be new flashcarts that boot into DSi mode and not DS mode which the current flashcarts are doing now, or even a hacked firmware and use of the SD slot to eventualy play DSi roms.

At the end of the day its more powerful.
Like i said "soon there will be new flashcarts that boot into DSi mode" (maybe)

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xDlmaoxD said:
Same here
tongue.gif

Black DSi Owner I didn't like the blue one.

Thats the way to go !!! Same here, the blue seemed kind of... babyish (is that an actual word?)
I think the $199.99 (CAD) was worth it, the acekard is going to pay for itself many, many times, and eventually when they crack it the DSi homebrew should be next-level !!!

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PuyoDead said:
Picked mine up last night. I'm completely satisfied with it. It really is a whole new system. Too many people are hung up on thinking that the cameras and sd slot are the only reasons to justify it. Nobody is taking into account that the entire new physical system build and over twice as powerful system specs are the real improvements.

But hey, these are probably the same people that complained about the DSL when it came out. Once the DSi is fully adopted, and games are made specifically for it, people will come around. It's just too early right now.

The upgrade DS to DS lite isn't really that comparable - you had instant benefits as a much brighter screen (did you ever have a look at your DS fat screen now?) and a much smaller size.

However, to the specs - I didn't know the cpu was clocked faster, and the ram has quadrupled. We'll see if that matters. I still think it's all about the games - that's why I use my DS far more than my PSP, for example.

So someday, there will be THE DSi game which I really want to play, and someday there will be the custom firmware. But don't be fooled by the specs alone.

M

multiboy2k

Got mine at a gamestop midnite launch in nyc. I love it!

AK2i on the way.....

Lacedolphin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't plan on getting a DSI but a week before launch my DSL touch screen was just about dead so I figure might as well upgrade now. I got a blue launch day DSI ( and I do love the blue color, I kinda got sick of the pink) and my AK2i is shipped and on its way now. My R4 had been acting up a bit too lately, I think the micro chip is about to crash, so I gave the R4 to my kids and filled it with thier games and my coral pink DS to a neighbor girl to help me do some spring cleaning in the house for it ( and her family was unable to afford extra things such as this so she would've never had one otherwise) so in the end it was worth it to me.

On a side note, is it just my old eyes but not only are the screens a bit bigger, but the games seem clearer too??

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i've had mine for some time now (Japanese one) and i really like it, although i agree it's extremely overpriced, i had some cash for my birthday and like it so i couldn't care less what it cost me
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16