[POLL] Downgrading Success with Ambassador Titles

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by astronautlevel, Mar 18, 2016.

?

Did downgrading fail with ambassador titles?

1. Yes, I have ambassador titles and it failed

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. No, I have ambassador titles and it succeeded

18 vote(s)
    78.3%
  1. astronautlevel
    OP

astronautlevel The Young Descendent of Tepes

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Multiple people have reported that downgrading with a system that has ambassador titles seems to have a higher failure rate without formatting, so I thought it would be a good idea to see what the rate of failure was.

2. iQue

iQue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2013
    Did the reported failures mention anything about NNID's, if the games were linked to an NNID or not?
    I have mine linked to an NNID and didn't have any trouble downgrading my N3DS XL from 10.3 to 9.2.

3. spkuja

spkuja GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    I had no problems at all, though, my ambassador titles are now on a New 3DSXL as I transferred them to my Old 3DS XL and then to my New 3DSXL when I bought the system. Maybe this has some thing to do with it?

4. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    Is this only regarding 10.4-10.6 (7?) downgrading or all downgrades in general?
    I downgraded my 9.9 N3DSXL with Ambassador titles to 9.2 successfully.

5. astronautlevel
    OP

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Most of the problems I've seen reported both on here and on the reddit was from the 10.4-10.7 downgrade, but I wasn't really watching the forums before that (and it really shouldn't matter because the only thing that changed was how the hax was initialized)

6. Shadowfied

Dec 6, 2014
    I see. Do you have any sources to where people have claimed it's more unsafe or more likely to fail or are there any "realistic" ideas about why? Would really like to see that.

also yay 800 posts~

7. astronautlevel
    OP

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    I remember seeing a post about it a little bit ago on 3dshacks, and we were discussing it on the IRC. I'll see if I can pull up the logs/find the reddit post about it.

Basically the downgrade was consistently failing on a certain title on the ambassador 3ds, and formatting seemed to fix it.

8. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    another downgrade fail or success thread ? :/

9. astronautlevel
    OP

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    This is mostly for Ambassador 3ds's given that it seems like there could have been a special case with them. Maybe not though given the results of the poll.

10. msinclair

msinclair Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    I think it might've been my post this morning that inspired this one!

I transferred ambassador details to my N3DS and now can't get a successful downgrade (always softbrick).

However, I think a better poll might be to find someone who *has* managed to downgrade an ambassador N3DS rather than poll everyone who hasn't.

astronautlevel likes this.
  11. Shadowfied

Dec 6, 2014
    Agreed, as well as specifying if it's just 10.4-10.7 downgrades you wanna know about.

12. MassExplosion213

MassExplosion213 .

Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    *sigh* Ambassador titles literally have no effect. They're titles installed to the SD. Nothing special. That's like saying that having Sm4sh causes bricks.

GBAFail likes this.