Homebrew [POLL] Downgrading Success with Ambassador Titles

Did downgrading fail with ambassador titles?

• Yes, I have ambassador titles and it failed

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, I have ambassador titles and it succeeded

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Multiple people have reported that downgrading with a system that has ambassador titles seems to have a higher failure rate without formatting, so I thought it would be a good idea to see what the rate of failure was.

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
Did the reported failures mention anything about NNID's, if the games were linked to an NNID or not?
I have mine linked to an NNID and didn't have any trouble downgrading my N3DS XL from 10.3 to 9.2.

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
I had no problems at all, though, my ambassador titles are now on a New 3DSXL as I transferred them to my Old 3DS XL and then to my New 3DSXL when I bought the system. Maybe this has some thing to do with it?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this only regarding 10.4-10.6 (7?) downgrading or all downgrades in general?
I downgraded my 9.9 N3DSXL with Ambassador titles to 9.2 successfully.

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Is this only regarding 10.4-10.6 (7?) downgrading or all downgrades in general?
I downgraded my 9.9 N3DSXL with Ambassador titles to 9.2 successfully.
Most of the problems I've seen reported both on here and on the reddit was from the 10.4-10.7 downgrade, but I wasn't really watching the forums before that (and it really shouldn't matter because the only thing that changed was how the hax was initialized)

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Most of the problems I've seen reported both on here and on the reddit was from the 10.4-10.7 downgrade, but I wasn't really watching the forums before that (and it really shouldn't matter because the only thing that changed was how the hax was initialized)
I see. Do you have any sources to where people have claimed it's more unsafe or more likely to fail or are there any "realistic" ideas about why? Would really like to see that.

also yay 800 posts~

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I see. Do you have any sources to where people have claimed it's more unsafe or more likely to fail or are there any "realistic" ideas about why? Would really like to see that.

also yay 800 posts~
I remember seeing a post about it a little bit ago on 3dshacks, and we were discussing it on the IRC. I'll see if I can pull up the logs/find the reddit post about it.

Basically the downgrade was consistently failing on a certain title on the ambassador 3ds, and formatting seemed to fix it.

msinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it might've been my post this morning that inspired this one!

I transferred ambassador details to my N3DS and now can't get a successful downgrade (always softbrick).

However, I think a better poll might be to find someone who *has* managed to downgrade an ambassador N3DS rather than poll everyone who hasn't.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it might've been my post this morning that inspired this one!

I transferred ambassador details to my N3DS and now can't get a successful downgrade (always softbrick).

However, I think a better poll might be to find someone who *has* managed to downgrade an ambassador N3DS rather than poll everyone who hasn't.
Agreed, as well as specifying if it's just 10.4-10.7 downgrades you wanna know about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."