syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had my 3DS since launch. I know quite a few people are having a problem with the bottom screen rubbing against the top screen, but I have not encountered this problem as of yet. I don't have any kind of smudges or scratches on my top screen.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
If any of you have a neogaf account, try to get a thread started there about this. You would be surprised how many major gaming stories originate from neogaf threads. Once a major story/controversy gets started, Nintendo will be forced to act rather than continue sweeping this issue under the rug.

D

Deleted User

Oh, fuck no.. are the smudges permanent? Are Poundland screen protectors good?!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
Oh, fuck no.. are the smudges permanent? Are Poundland screen protectors good?!
No.

For me? Nope not all. Using the cloth and case method.
tongue.gif
Ok maybe some small dust, but that all.

Kroganwrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, my Hori screen protector now has a very noticeable scratch from this issue. Im scared as to whether it has gone through to the actual screen or not and I dont want to peel it off to check because I didnt get any lint under it and I want to keep it that way.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I have smudges, but I put a micro fiber cloth in between the screens when I close my 3DS. I've been doing that since day 1. I'm still waiting for my screen protectors to come in from DX, and even after they come in I will still use the micro fiber cloth.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ever since day 1 of my 3ds, i kept that paper-foamy thingy whenever I close my 3ds
tongue.gif
so i dont have this experience at all lol

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I don't have anything on my normal top screen, because I got the screen protector a day after I got it.
the screen protector on the top screen is totally scratched, though, mostly on the left side. It's worse when I first open it sometimes, but it's beyond smudging...I refuse to take the time to put in a cloth or every time I shut it.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
unfortunatly it does seem as though the smudge lines become permanent after a couple weeks of cleaning, then they scratch in. I think its to do with the material the screen cover is made of as the LCD underneath remains unbroken.
Anyone with difficult to remove smudges should consider an exchange before nintendo order retailers to read you your rights.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
We have over 50 votes already and it is looking a bit worrying. Thats a large percentage of you with problems, keep voting guys, thank you. I will send this to Nintendo when a week has passed as these figures are from just 24 hours of poll.

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hksrb25s14 said:
i always put the screen clean fabic in the middle
yeap this is the best solution so far
when i noticed some dust lines on the upper screen from the bottom one i put that on
so since then i didnt have any problem at all

edit: i just asked my retailer about this problem and they told me that they havent heard about this problem
so i asked what if this happens to me too? and they told me that you can give it back and we give you a new one ^^
so i wouldnt even think of asking nintendo directly to change back my 3ds cause they wouldnt.

Kroganwrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im thinking of sending mine back for a full refund and then waiting until June when Ocarina and Resi evil come out. I also hope by that time this issue will be ironed out.

EDIT: Changed my mind, it's just a tiny scratch and its not visible at all whilst playing.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Thankfully I have a screen protector on mine, I do see two faint lines along my top screen, and no amount of rubbing get's them off. So it would appear to be scratches on my screen protector. As it's only the protector and not my screen I haven't called Nintendo, but I do plan to send something their way about what I'm noticing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr