[Poll][BFWWIWA] What should be the next system covered?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Foxi4, Apr 2, 2014.

?

Which system would you like to see covered in the next BFWWIWA issue?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2014.
  1. Atari 2600

16 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Nintendo Game Boy Colour

17 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Nintendo Game Boy Advance

16 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Nintendo DS

10 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Nintendo 3DS

43 vote(s)
    15.8%
  6. Nintendo Gamecube

31 vote(s)
    11.4%
  7. Nintendo Wii

10 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. SEGA Master System

15 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis

7 vote(s)
    2.6%
  10. Sony PlayStation

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Sony PlayStation 2

6 vote(s)
    2.2%
  12. Sony PlayStation 3

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  13. Sony PSP

7 vote(s)
    2.6%
  14. Sony PSVita

58 vote(s)
    21.3%
  15. PC - A Personal RETRO-Spective

25 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    [​IMG]
    Hey guys, a little feelers thread again from your good 'ol Foxi. As you may or may not know, I started a little periodical in which consoles are analyzed and discussed from top to bottom, from hardware to software, in order to give them some more well-deserved attention. We gamers tend to stick to what we know and love, but sometimes it's a lot of fun to experience something new that we may have missed all those years ago or just have a taste of what gamers before us used to play. The first issue covered the (in)famous Sega Saturn and much to my surprise, it spured more interest than I originally expected, giving me all the reasons to continue writing those articles for you guys.​
    Now, the problem I'm facing now is the choice of the next system you, the audience, would like to read about. I personally don't enjoy writing about systems I don't really own. With hardware, practice usually turns out to be a whole different experience than theory, so I've listed the ones that are on my shelf as we speak, waiting to be reviewed. It doesn't really matter if the system is old or recent, if you'd like to learn more about it, go on ahead and vote! Can't wait to see the results!​

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Vita, obviously. The unwashed GBAtemp masses need enlightenment if they are to ever ascend to the Sony Pony master race.

xwatchmanx, Paarish, Veho and 2 others like this.
  3. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    PlayStation Life.

weavile001 likes this.
  4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i would really like to get gamecube "analyzed" i am planning in getting one later for collectz

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I would be up for seeing a master system one despite not being entirely sure how I would sell it to someone today, megadrive/genesis would do too as the USians in the audience do not seem to have half as much experience with it as they really should.

calmwaters likes this.
  6. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I have a fairly good idea how to sell it - it just does what Nintendon't in a variety of areas. It has a larger colour palette, the number of branded accessories is staggering, certain models are backwards-compatible with SG-1000 games, some of the exclusive games are fantastic... it has its benefits. Now, whether I'd say that it's worth buying today or not... well, you'll just have to wait for its issue to find out, won't you? :P

7. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    PSVITA plz. XD

8. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    If you're counting on me going full-on fanboy in a PSVita issue, that's not going to happen. The system has its fantastic benefits for which it deserves nothing but praise, but it also has glaringly obvious issues which would be tackled fairly as well. Just sayin'. ;)

Skelletonike likes this.
  9. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Sure. But I'll get you if not all of its flaws are addressed. THE PUBLIC NEEDS TO KNOW!

10. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    I'm going with the Megadrive/Genesis, the Megadrive was the console i spent the most time with as opposed to the Snes, i would find reading opinions/experiences of the console interesting.

calmwaters and Foxi4 like this.
  11. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I actually didn't have a Mega Drive growing up as getting one in the so-called "Young Poland" was next to impossible and required having connections abroad... but despite that, I grew up playing Mega Drive and Genesis games using Genecyst (the old-school Emulator scene will probably remember this) and the limited amount of SEGA's PC releases and... I was absolutely addicted to Sonic games from first sight. I can't even begin to imagine how much time I've wasted watching that bleeding GUI and handling ROM's as a kid. :rofl2: Of course now I finally have a Mega Drive on my own, so the genuine experience is there as well, but most of my actual experiences with games come from Genecyst rather than a real console.

EyeZ likes this.
  12. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I have tried to figure this out over the years, it seems it is mostly
    In the UK and certain out countries in Europe (pointedly not the others in the "multi5" category).
    "They were great, we always used to play [list of games]"

Outside the UK
    "I think I once saw one when I went round my cousin's house, his parents got the wrong console"

Edit. Some sales figures I was once linked
    http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Pricey/SEGAtastic/mdsalesuntilendof1994sc.jpg

13. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    Imna go with the Vita, I've been considering picking one up for a while. Might wait for the slim, though.

14. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    People seem to have a very selective memory in this regard for some reason. The SEGA Genesis was positively crushing the NES after it was released and continued strong even after the SNES was released. The system's mascot, Sonic, was so popular that it became more recognizable than Mickey Mouse worldwide for a short period of time. SEGA's new system outsold Nintendo platforms in four consecurative Holiday Seasons in the U.S., outselling the SNES nearly two-to-one in the 1991 one and by June 1992 SEGA controlled 60% of the market, which was a stagerring success considering the fact that previously Nintendo dominated it almost entirely. In fact, latest studies of NPD sales statistics as well as other sources claim that the Genesis remained the leading system throughout its life cycle in North America and was the best-selling system in the Americas... but of course that's all statistics and numbers, it doesn't really matter - both systems did extremely well and went head to head throught their life cycles.

15. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Im going to vote Vita, but I think that the PSP deserves a decent amount of light shed on it. There are tons of games that no one has ever heard of, or biased against because its not nintendo.

You know what, I cant change my vote, but I vote PSP. I think there are some real undiscovered gems there to be uncovered.

EZ-Megaman and Foxi4 like this.
  16. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I'll take note of that when I count the votes. ;)

BortzANATOR likes this.
  17. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Well if you look, my vote isnt really going to change anything :P

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  18. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Erm...what does that PC-option mean, exactly? Retro can be anywhere between pre-steam days to the first personal computers, so...is this going to tell about a specific time period? :unsure:

Okay, I admit I already voted for it. But even if it doesn't win, I'm curious about it. :)

19. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It would be a personal retrospective of mine, my first impressions when my family first bought a PC (Pentium MMX Master Race!) as well as a list of games I personally found to be absolute must-plays for any gamer over the course of my life. To be fair, that list could become incredibly hefty as I spent most of my life belonging to the privileged PC Master Race. :P

20. boomario

boomario Nothing to say here.

Oct 31, 2012
    Brazil
    The DS seems a good idea considering all versions released, the scene and the fact that Nintendo is abandoning him for 3DS.