Hacking POLL: Are you still going to buy Switch games after today's announcement?

Are you still going to buy Switch games now that the kernal is released?

• Total voters

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you'd rather the device seem dead then deal with people who are excited and happy. :thinking:

There are some people (like the OP) who are completely clueless about these things and it has nothing to do with being happy or excited. There is a time and a place for that, yet right now it's not, if you understand all this.

Last edited by Thelonewolf88,

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
There are some people (like the OP) who are completely clueless about these things and it has nothing to do with being happy or excited. There is a time and a place for that, yet right now it's not, if you understand all this.
Uhm. Honestly, a kernel dump is pretty good, every step is good, maybe people overthink things, but it is something to be hyped over, not hyped for homebrew, just hyped for the fact that development is actually coming along for the device.
The device is very much alive, it is the talk of town currently. On the contrary, these type of threads will make the device seem more dead.
The device is alive as in to devs. If it has no development on-going most people skip. That's why the Wii U was stuck for so long. It works that way w/ phones too. Like a device with no or quiet development picks up no devs.

Reactions: Tsubakiandou

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm. Honestly, a kernel dump is pretty good, every step is good, maybe people overthink things, but it is something to be hyped over, not hyped for homebrew, just hyped for the fact that development is actually coming along for the device.

It is a step in the right direction and only time will tell. However, my point is, users of these (OP) posts and many that browse and add to fuel to the fire, have no clear understanding of how this all works, as of right now it offers ZERO to the basic end user. It's a facepalm to those who agree.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
It is a step in the right direction and only time will tell. However, my point is, users of these (OP) posts and many that browse and add to fuel to the fire, have no clear understanding of how this all works, as of right now it offers ZERO to the basic end user. It's a facepalm to those who agree.
Even if it doesn't give anything to you right now, that doesn't mean you can't be hyped about it???? Just be understanding and think about how other people might take it. Just don't be a dick is what I'm saying lul

D

Deleted-355425

Its important for people to know about any news like this, with switch stocks still being low and hard to find we run the issue of some exploit being released or leaked and Nintendo fixing it before releasing more stock to the public. Probably a good time to buy a switch to be honest... I've been putting it off but this has caught my interest so i just bought one lol.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just want a good flash cart, to play my game library stealthed (if possible) without having to bring my game carts with me, possibly getting them lost or stolen.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Who is Kernal? Was him in jail?

Anyway, the Switch being hacked or not wouldn't change me buying games.
I would still buy games, and look for special editions of the ones I really love.
Why would I do otherwise?

WiiFoundLove

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Of course i would:
- I like to support the developers of good games.
- I don't want to see the switch dying because of piracy. It shall live for a longer time.
- I like to get some coins for my bought and trade them in some merchandising.

Piracy is only good for testing games that doesn't provide any demos or that are only available on the eShop. Maybe i want to sell older games one day, and i can't do that with digital downloaded games. ;)

Reactions: NekoMichi

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not THAT poor nowadays so of course I will, even once an exploit is released allowing piracy.

Plus Nintendo games generally hold their value really well so if I sell them in the far future it'll be fine.

Reactions: NekoMichi

nightking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I will still buy Nintendo games because I want to support the hardworking developers who put their time and effort in making quality games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.