Gaming Poll: Are you happy with the quantity of upcoming Wii U games in 2015?

Are you happy with the quantity of upcoming Wii U games in 2015?

• Total voters

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Reading Kotaku's article made me realize that (, in Japan at least,) Wii U is no longer enjoying that year's headstart in the quantity of games available for it. A full year has already passed since the PS4 / Xbox One were released in the West, so it's natural that games for these platforms are coming only now.

This isn't news to most Wii U owners (I hope), but what should be news is the alarming lack of quantity Nintendo had in mind for 2015. Looking at Nintendo's schedule, this is the best we can hope for during the entirety of 2015:
  • Splatoon
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Mario Maker
  • Mario Party 10
  • Project Giant Robot (?)
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Project Guard (?)
  • Star Fox
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Zelda
Two of the games in this list (marked with a ?) are games we haven't heard about in any detail, so realistically there are 7 games to look forward to in 2015. This list is obviously not taking into account Wii U exclusive games not made/published by Nintendo, though I haven't heard much from such games (e.g. Devil's Third) and I'm deliberately leaving out games that are for Japan only (e.g. Rodea the Sky Soldier). To keep it short, this is what most Wii U owners out there will get to see throughout 2015 for the Wii U.

I have to say I'm not too worried myself, but I want to say that I'm happy now that I bought a PS4 alongside my Wii U.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The games that I'm interested for Wii U's 2015 line up are:
- Splatoon
- Star Fox
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Zelda
- Yoshi Wooly World
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (hardly worth of a retail release, though)

I'd say it's OK not as good as 2014 was but it's still pretty good with a new Star Fox, Xenoblade, (an actual real Wii U game of) Zelda and Yoshi Wooly World.

I dunno what to think of Devil's Third because it looks kinda like shit and the voice acting doesn't help it either.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I believe the key games to look out for are Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Zelda. Most of the other games feel like filler IMO. Not hating on any games here, but even though I'm getting Yoshi's Woolly World it's not exactly a system seller. However, if done right (both in marketing and development), I believe Splatoon could be that one surprise title that shifts Wii Us off store shelves. My only concern is the online experience, which so far on the Wii U has been crappy to put it mildly, regardless of the game. (Humor me and play online in Smash Bros.)

Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda at this point are guaranteed to move units, but that's just two games and I don't think relying on the same strategy like last year is going to help Nintendo move forward (aka the Mario Kart 8 + Smash Bros. "combo").

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're forgetting about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem - that's also (supposedly) coming in 2015. Aside from that, I'm also interested in Zelda U and Star Fox.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Devil's Third is apparently also scheduled for a 2015 release.

That said...I'll hold my horses. If all those games actually make it to the store and turn out to be good (especially Splatoon), I'll be very glad. But I just expect a "Please understand..." message somewhere on the line for Devil's third*, Star fox and Zelda.

*this game better be good, or it'll always be remembered as "Devil's turd".

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You're forgetting about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem - that's also (supposedly) coming in 2015. Aside from that, I'm also interested in Zelda U and Star Fox.

I'd love to hear something about that game in general. We barely know what kind of a game it's going to be! Either way it'll be a day 1 purchase, but I hope it's not turning out to be vaporware. :(

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

styckx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think it's great.. Almost 1 must have game a month... If you count the inevitable indie hits on the eShop.. You're guaranteed 1 must have game a month.. More than PC and PS4/Xbox gaming has. They usually dump "must haves" in the summer and then go into a fall and winter drought. Nintendo is doing it right..

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I personally think it's great.. Almost 1 must have game a month... If you count the inevitable indie hits on the eShop.. You're guaranteed 1 must have game a month.. More than PC and PS4/Xbox gaming has. They usually dump "must haves" in the summer and then go into a fall and winter drought. Nintendo is doing it right..

Kirby and the Rainbow Course is a must have? :D It would be on the 3DS...

PS4 gamers will have a lot to play this year: Bloodborne, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mortal Kombat X, Persona 5, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End... I'm just listing games confirmed / very likely to release this year and mainly what I'm interested in.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby and the Rainbow Course is a must have? :D It would be on the 3DS...

PS4 gamers will have a lot to play this year: Bloodborne, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mortal Kombat X, Persona 5, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End... I'm just listing games confirmed / very likely to release this year and mainly what I'm interested in.
Really ps4 vs wiiu vs xbone really just depends on what games you like

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Take some, @Sonic Angel Knight Here. :grog: