Poll and stuff about Twitch

What would be Twitch's best bet for being revamped?

• Make it so Amazon sells Twitch to Viacom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have Amazon sell Twitch to Jawed Karim

• Encourage, help, and root for Justin Kan to raise enough money to buy back Twitch

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Not sure

• Make it so Amazon sells Twitch to some other person(specify in the replies)

• Hoping and/or praying for the next big west coast earthquake to ravage Twitch and Amazon HQ

• Twitch.tv is dead to me

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadriver94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twitch.tv was for the most part, better before Amazon bought it in mid-2014. Dr. Disrespect and some other streamers truly did not deserve their bans from the site. Not only are most of the Admins on there nowadays either substantially-severely self-righteous asshats or dull-minded pushovers, but also the TOS of the site has become unnecessarily restrictive, such as with what streamers can say while streaming live, and being "against hate" and "staying safe", which is in reality a ruse to censor and shut up people for speaking their minds a tad too much. However, its still not as restrictive as Youtube live when it comes to swearing. Then there's the unnecessary stupid-ass "Trust and Safety"" Council, which is a fucking joke all over, especially when it comes to that delusional, arrogant deer lady. All in all, what are your thoughts on this, and the recent Congressional interest in trying their hand at regulation and breaking up big tech giants such as Facebook and Amazon? With Mixer gone, what will be what will be your preferred alternative? Oh, and please take the time to vote in the poll, if you can.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Twitch is in the same position as youtube, people are ingrained into it so much that they can do pretty much whatever they want. Even ban some of their biggest draws for seemingly no reason. Nobody is going to buy twitch any time soon, amazon has zero incentive to sell and they are planning to integrate it more and more into prime and other amazon services.

Mixer is dead, facebook gaming is barely a thing, only youtube is some sort of competition now but miles behind. Even with Dr Disrespect on youtube it will never be the top dog. Maybe Twitch will do something colossally ridiculous that will cause enough of a backlash to make them change course somewhat. But that is unlikely, if you look at youtube and all of their fuck ups, they will probably just get worse and worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh