Hacking [POLL][A9LH Users] Do you install legit cia's even though you have a9lh?

Do you still use legit cia's?

• Yes

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I keep hearing this, but with all the times I've tried over six consoles, I've not managed to get them to redownload :') I still have them installed since I have em all downloaded on my laptop. Handy to have for friends who're too scared to let me downgrade their systems but still want free games.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i do, because i can redownload them from eshop, and i like the "legitness"
Legit CIA are for lifetime. If your 3DS stops working,and you dont have a FAT16 xorpad,or your console its on a future update (like... a 10.8?) that blocks downgrading,your un-legit games are fucked. The legit ones can be recovered calling Nintendo,because are yours. If for example,the NX console supports 3DS games,you will be able to transfer legit CIA. The non-legit stuff will be fucked.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Legit CIA are for lifetime. If your 3DS stops working,and you dont have a FAT16 xorpad,or your console its on a future update (like... a 10.8?) that blocks downgrading,your un-legit games are fucked. The legit ones can be recovered calling Nintendo,because are yours. If for example,the NX console supports 3DS games,you will be able to transfer legit CIA. The non-legit stuff will be fucked.
Um... You can't do a system transfer with them. They're kinda legit licences but not legit enough to transfer properly to other systems ^^"

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure? Theoritcally are preinstalled games. And preinstalled games cannot be transfered to another consoles?
They don't register correctly as far as I know. They act like pre-installed games but they aren't pre-installed games. I'm not sure about the technicalities but yeah ^^"

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure? Theoritcally are preinstalled games. And preinstalled games cannot be transfered to another consoles?
Yeah, I don't think they'll get transferred. I remember reading somewhere that said that Mario Dream Team from the Mario and Luigi 3DS can't be system transferred.

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't think they'll get transferred. I remember reading somewhere that said that Mario Dream Team from the Mario and Luigi 3DS can't be system transferred.
Well that's a shame... But then again, when I get my n3ds, I will import from Japan and (maybe) region change it. Probably not worth it, but I am still going for a n3ds... Unless ninty actually releases the n3ds in the US.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's a shame... But then again, when I get my n3ds, I will import from Japan and (maybe) region change it. Probably not worth it, but I am still going for a n3ds... Unless ninty actually releases the n3ds in the US.
N3DS was actually released in the US :P
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3d...o-3ds-pokemon-20th-anniversary-edition/128198
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3d...al-crossing-happy-home-designer-bundle/125091

I chose GameStop, but you can buy them from any other retailer.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I avoid eShop as I have some DLC content I acquired in dodgy manner for my own region and I rather not get wrapped up reinstalling that a lot. some of my own games that I actually bought from eShop I redownload as a CIA now because of that, thanks GroovyCIA!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉