Gaming [Poll] 3DS System Software Versions

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,210
  • Replies 28

Which 3DS System Software version are you on?

• 4.0.0-7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3.0.0-5

• 2.2.0-X (SM3DL/MK7 Obligatory Update)

• 2.1.0-4

• 2.0.0-2

• 1.1.0-1

• 1.1.0-0 ( OoT/Pilotwings Obligatory Update)

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Well, I wasn't entirely sure where to put this, but I figured since it is firmware (system software), it'd go here. Feel free to move if wrong. Anyways, just out of curiosity (and wanting to know a little bit more about those really vague 'Improves system stability' or 'fixes stuff' changelog descriptions), what system software is your 3DS on? Vote on poll.

If you haven't updated, what is your reason for not updating, or for updating?

How to check system software version
Go to your system settings menu, and the version will be in the bottom right of the top screen. the E,U or J at the end of the denoting system software version is just the region version so don't bother about it)

D

Deleted User

OP
Always the most recent because there's no reason not to.
Well, for instance, a precaution against more difficult to softmod (or maybe an anticipation) of a situation like 4.2 wii's bannerbomb and 4.3's needing-to-buy-an-actual-game until Letterbomb came out. That was my thinking until I updated to 4.3.01 on the 3DS.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, for instance, a precaution against more difficult to softmod (or maybe an anticipation) of a situation like 4.2 wii's bannerbomb and 4.3's needing-to-buy-an-actual-game until Letterbomb came out. That was my thinking until I updated to 4.3.01 on the 3DS.
Why would this matter if no known exploit exists yet?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
In case an exploit WAS found on an old firmware?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't you think they would have found it by now in that case?

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
This is a very strange topic.
I think im on the latest.
This. I really can't see the point of listing all of those firmware versions other than to have a lot of options on a poll. For the most part, people are either up to date, or on the last firmware before the update. People who buy new 3DS will almost IMMEDIATELY update, due to system transfers and basically just to see the eShop.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country

And what if someone finds an exploit on 4.3.0-10 that wasn't there in prior versions, Nintendo patch it quickly and when you go to update you end up on 4.3.0-11?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

And what if someone finds an exploit on 4.3.0-10 that wasn't there in prior versions, Nintendo patch it quickly and when you go to update you end up on 4.3.0-11?
That's implying Nintendo knew about an exploit before the people who found it. When has this ever happened other then when the hackers got in contact with the company directly?? (Microsoft and JTAG/SMC)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night