• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True. I'm open to being convinced otherwise
To quote a post you recently liked:
We're not just voting for Joe Biden. We're voting for Ruth Bader Ginsburg's replacement.
That should be enough for any progressive voter to vote for Biden.

but if they wanted my vote to count then they shouldn't have axed Bernie.
Who are "they"? Because Biden earned the Democratic nomination because he won a majority of votes from Democratic Primary voters, not because Sanders was "axed."

If your goal is to punish anybody who didn't vote for Sanders in the Democratic Primary by personally not voting for Biden in the general election, then you have to be okay with taking down a lot of innocent people who are going to suffer under another four years of the Trump administration, including many who voted for Sanders in the primary.

Imagine for a second that everyone in the Democratic Party behaved this way. Imagine a world where Sanders won the Democratic Primary, but Biden supports refused to vote for Sanders in the general election, causing Trump to beat Sanders in the general election. That would be pretty dickish.

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To quote a post you recently liked:

That should be enough for any progressive voter to vote for Biden.

Who are "they"? Because Biden earned the Democratic nomination because he won a majority of votes from Democratic Primary voters, not because Sanders was "axed."

If your goal is to punish anybody who didn't vote for Sanders in the Democratic Primary by personally not voting for Biden in the general election, then you have to be okay with taking down a lot of innocent people who are going to suffer under another four years of the Trump administration, including many who voted for Sanders in the primary.

Imagine for a second that everyone in the Democratic Party behaved this way. Imagine a world where Sanders won the Democratic Primary, but Biden supports refused to vote for Sanders in the general election, causing Trump to beat Sanders in the general election. That would be pretty dickish.
Good points, that is pretty dickish. I'll consider it.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was that thing he said about the poor kids?
“We should challenge students in these schools. We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids, wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids — no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.”

Clearly, he was trying to recover from the gaffe of replacing "wealthy kids" with "white kids" in his speech. Given this and his record on civil rights, the claim that Biden is a white supremacist is absurd. If you want to talk about actual white supremacy, we can talk about Trump's policies.

Before she was a U.S. Senator, Kamala Harris was a District Attorney of San Francisco and an Attorney General of California. If you want to call those things "cops," cool.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you dont vote Biden your not Black.

I like kids bouncing on my lap and rubbing my hairy legs.

No Dates till 30 let me sniff you and have a quick grope.

Joe is awesome :yay:

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you're making a joke about his orange skin color, Trump is indeed white.
Race is determined by skin color. Unless he had something like a massive sunburn when he was young and still hasn't recovered, he's not white.
His race also doesn't matter with regard to his racist policies.
So you can be racist regardless of race?

Last edited by UltraSUPRA,

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Race is determined by skin color. Unless he had something like a massive sunburn when he was young and still hasn't recovered, he's not white.
All of the bronzer in the world won't change Trump's race. He's white. Orange is not a race. He's of German and Scottish descent.

So you can be racist regardless of race?
Yep.

Reactions: -Pao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end