• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
The amount of blow back these people are going to get, for just thinking he was still going to win even today, let alone what happened for 4 years.

They had a similar meltdown for Obama too.
I'm excited for the new South Park season to kick off. I think they purposely held off this time around, because in 2016, they didn't expect Trump to win, and had to scrap episodes and hastily make new ones.
ou'll see him calling every member who disagrees with him a racist, nazi, fascist, etc.
I mean, if it quacks like a fucking duck, dude...They don't have to disagree with me, they just have to act like a racist or a Nazi in order to be called one. It's pretty simple.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: SANIC

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not pulled from anywhere, it was right there on display. You just couldn't see it because you're of the same opinion, even if you're not a person who's inclined to cast generalized aspersions like that. Go back and read this guy's posts and you'll see him calling every member who disagrees with him a racist, nazi, fascist, etc. There's no point trying to take part in the conversation when this is allowed here.
You said Joom's words were racist or of the same kind of thought as racism for using words with no racial context whatsoever. There is no excuse for this, regardless of what Joom may or may not have said beforehand. You're too old to do anything other than apologize for your lapse in judgment. You sound like a petty child whining about how the other boy started it. Grow up. Joom's actions, regardless of what they were, don't excuse your actions.

Reactions: Joom

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited for the new South Park season to kick off. I think they purposely held off this time around, because in 2016, they didn't expect Trump to win, and had to scrap episodes and hastily make new ones.

I mean, if it quacks like a fucking duck, dude...
One of the good things is maybe they can finally bring the real Mr. Garrison back to South Park. I miss him.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
One of the good things is maybe they can finally bring the real Mr. Garrison back to South Park. I miss him.
Agreed, but I don't think they could have picked a better character to represent Trump. Garrison has always been backwards with double-standards, so he fit the part perfectly.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Here for people that dont read longform texts:

https://web.archive.org/web/2020110...2020/11/03/us/politics/biden-latino-vote.html

Even as Mr. Biden’s campaign intensified its phone-bank efforts and Spanish-language advertising in Puerto Rican communities in Florida and North Carolina over the weekend, it was clear to many involved in the effort that time had run out.
Mr. Biden is competitive among Latino voters, and could still win Florida based on his strength with educated whites. But he would be in better shape, campaign aides privately acknowledged, if the campaign had reached out earlier to recruit infrequent voters and soften Mr. Trump’s support among Hispanic men in the state.
But much of the Democrats’ resources in the closing days is being devoted to providing basic voting information to registered Latino voters, rather than funding a deeper dive into the voter files to reach more voters, or a big effort to change the minds of wavering male voters, party officials said.

This translates into 'we didnt bother to translate our message into spanish' instead we had our social justice warriors spend money on interacting with their favorites, the white privileged classes - in NYT speech.

Just for the people that want to ignore this and respond with :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D instead.

You know who you are.

Last edited by notimp,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we can stop seeing him in culture references now.
Have you heard of the huge writer exodus? A bunch of skit writers are either leaving because they're just sick of it, or have completely refused to write more Trump jokes. I don't blame them, really. These past 4 years have left everyone but the Trumpets jaded and lethargic. I can only imagine how drained these TV staff must feel.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said Joom's words were racist or of the same kind of thought as racism for using words with no racial context whatsoever. There is no excuse for this, regardless of what Joom may or may not have said beforehand. You're too old to do anything other than apologize for your lapse in judgment. You sound like a petty child whining about how the other boy started it. Grow up. Joom's actions, regardless of what they were, don't excuse your actions.

When I said the "same thought process as racism" meant a person who passes judgment on whole groups of people, collectively, without basis or reason, as a way of subjecting them to a value-lowering smear. I didn't mean there's has to be a racial component to it, just the same kind of bigoted, simple-minded, generalized dismissiveness and hate. Prejudice. And you're enabling it by looking the other way and attacking those he labels. Like a sidekick.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like a bunch of petulant fucking children...

There was nothing "racist" or "racist minded" or whatever you want to call it when Joom said "you people".

@Hanafuda - shut up and drop that line of discussion. Nobody brings it up until you keep resurfacing it.

@Lacius and @Joom - also shut up about it and drop that line of discussion.

For fuck's sake. Don't make me come over there.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like a bunch of petulant fucking children...

There was nothing "racist" or "racist minded" or whatever you want to call it when Joom said "you people".

@Hanafuda - shut up and drop that line of discussion. Nobody brings it up until you keep resurfacing it.

@Lacius and @Joom - also shut up about it and drop that line of discussion.

For fuck's sake. Don't make me come over there.

So you're doing nothing about him labeling members here as racists, facists, nazis?? Repeatedly.

k then.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're doing nothing about him labeling members here as racists, facists, nazis?? Repeatedly.

k then.

YOU brought up racism before anyone else did.

Sounds kinda racist. Or at least of the same thought process as racism.

Edit - 2nd chance do drop that line of discussion. It's quite clearly going nowhere and contributing absolutely nothing to the thread.

Reactions: The Catboy

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I said the "same thought process as racism" meant a person who passes judgment on whole groups of people, collectively, without basis or reason, as a way of subjecting them to a value-lowering smear. I didn't mean there's has to be a racial component to it, just the same kind of bigoted, simple-minded, generalized dismissiveness and hate. Prejudice. And you're enabling it by looking the other way and attacking those he labels. Like a sidekick.
The only thing I'm attacking is your piss poor judgement in throwing around the term "racism" like an ape throws around feces. You take all meaning away from the word when you throw the label around like it can be ascribed to anything. I have no loyalty to Joom. I couldn't care less about you or Joom.

Again, you need to grow up. Racism is an actual thing, not just some word you can throw at people you disagree with.

Last edited by Lacius,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOU brought up racism before anyone else did.

And I explained what that meant, in my last reply to Lacius. You're looking at a 15 degree slice of this, but I was reacting to something I've been seeing for a while. I invite you to peruse @Joom's previous posts where the name-calling happens, rather frequently. This isn't something new, it's a pattern of behavior that has been tolerated here for some time. I guess I just hit the boiling point over it. For that I apologize, but his behavior is simple bigotry, just not race-based. The majority taking part here are anti-conservative which is fine but that's why you don't hear more about it. I let it slide for some time but he just kept it up. If you don't see it, or won't see it, then that's that.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like not emulating the entire SNES but just a loader and the enhancement chips perhaps even...