• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's gonna be wild watching all the crazy people spiral out of control heading towards the election. Trump knows he's fucked, he has started talking about fleeing the country if he loses. sounds like totally ordinary talk from an innocent man. on top of that, he confirmed he owed money during his town hall, and apparently he owes almost 1 billion dollars. so much for being a good businessman. to top all this off, trump got blown out in terms of ratings during the dueling town halls, which is hilarious because he put himself in such an incredibly shitty position.

LOL again total lack of observation of DETAILS.

Not even going to bother with all of them got to get to bed. Will talk about the town hall though

Look at what time Trump's town hall started and ended (1 hour)
Look at what time Biden's town hall started and ended (1.5 hour)

Of course Biden would have more when people who are done with Trump switch over to Biden's. I did and most who like to see both sides would do that.

And guess what, that does NOT include people streaming. This is 2020 now you know. The article you linked to is JUST broadcast. And as I said above, most people when done with Trump would have switched to Biden after the hour. So it's easy to misinterpret the data, its not an apples to apples comparison.

I checked the stream counts during town halls when BOTH were running and Trump was CRUSHING Biden by like 500-600K at one point.

I saw some calculation someone did somewhere don't recall now where it was but when you add TV and streaming Trump was a few hundred thousand ahead in total while BOTH were going.

Got to push the narrative right?

Last edited by crimpshrine,

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not even going to bother with all of them got to get to bed. Will talk about the town hall though

Look at what time Trump's town hall started and ended (1 hour)
Look at what time Biden's town hall started and ended (1.5 hour)

Of course Biden would have more when people who are done with Trump switch over to Biden's. I did and most who like to see both sides would do that.

And guess what, that does NOT include people streaming. This is 2020 now you know. The article you linked to is JUST broadcast. And as I said above, most people when done with Trump would have switched to Biden after the hour. So it's easy to misinterpret the data, its not an apples to apples comparison.

I checked the stream counts during town halls when BOTH were running and Trump was CRUSHING Biden by like 500-600K at one point.

I saw some calculation someone did somewhere don't recall now where it was but when you add TV and streaming Trump was a few hundred thousand ahead in total while BOTH were going.

Got to push the narrative right?

uhuh, not paying attention to details.

"Joe Biden's town hall on ABC averaged 14.1 million viewers on Thursday night, easily surpassing the Nielsen ratings for President Trump's town hall on NBC.
That alone was a result virtually no one in the TV business expected. And that's not even the most surprising part.
The Trump town hall was simulcast by two of NBC's cable channels, MSNBC and CNBC, but even when those channels are included in the total, Biden -- on only one network -- still prevailed.
The Trump town hall averaged 10.9 million viewers on the NBC broadcast network. On MSNBC, Trump reached 1.8 million viewers, and on CNBC, about 720,000 viewers. So Trump's gross audience across the three channels was 13.5 million, still fewer than Biden's audience on ABC alone.
The final totals were provided by Nielsen on Friday evening. Earlier, preliminary data showed slightly smaller audiences for both the NBC and ABC telecasts.
"

to the point of streams and viewer count on streamed media:

"After the Nielsen ratings for the town halls came out Friday, Miller retweeted a Trump fan who tried to combine TV and YouTube data to portray Trump as the true victor. But that's apples and oranges again, since a minute or two of on-demand YouTube viewership is not comparable to 60 minutes of TV viewership."

and before you go on an anti-cnn rant

these other news sources are claiming the same:

one

two

three

four

five

six

seven

eight (news source from host of trump event)

nine

ten

Last edited by omgcat,
Reactions: IncredulousP

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhuh, not paying attention to details.

"Joe Biden's town hall on ABC averaged 14.1 million viewers on Thursday night, easily surpassing the Nielsen ratings for President Trump's town hall on NBC.
That alone was a result virtually no one in the TV business expected. And that's not even the most surprising part.
The Trump town hall was simulcast by two of NBC's cable channels, MSNBC and CNBC, but even when those channels are included in the total, Biden -- on only one network -- still prevailed.
The Trump town hall averaged 10.9 million viewers on the NBC broadcast network. On MSNBC, Trump reached 1.8 million viewers, and on CNBC, about 720,000 viewers. So Trump's gross audience across the three channels was 13.5 million, still fewer than Biden's audience on ABC alone.
The final totals were provided by Nielsen on Friday evening. Earlier, preliminary data showed slightly smaller audiences for both the NBC and ABC telecasts.
"

Where in the above does it subtract the TRUMP town hall viewers from Biden's total that after the 1 hour of Trump switched to watch the rest of Biden? Are you saying that the #'s above for Biden do NOT include people who were done with Trump and switched to Biden then to watch the last 30 minutes?

to the point of streams and viewer count on streamed media:

"After the Nielsen ratings for the town halls came out Friday, Miller retweeted a Trump fan who tried to combine TV and YouTube data to portray Trump as the true victor. But that's apples and oranges again, since a minute or two of on-demand YouTube viewership is not comparable to 60 minutes of TV viewership."

Of course they are going to say that. I checked multiple times. Trump crushed Biden on streaming from what I saw multiple times over 30 minutes I checked.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Finding deeper meaning in things that aren't there. I knew it. This is why I made my point about Occam's Razor. Again, sometimes whatever is right in front of you is the actual truth. Sometimes it isn't necessary to look deeper. I hope you at least get that red phosphorous, and not that trash shake'n'bake.

Last edited by Joom,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL knew you could not do it.

Whatever you say.
con·jec·ture

noun:

an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

verb:

form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.

If these allegations turn out to be true, I will go from my current position of waiting-for-forensics to acknowledgement.
If these allegations turn out to be true, crimpshrine will go from his current position of facts-already-there to but-facts-were-already-there.

I can definitely live with that. It's never a good idea to jump to conclusions based on speculative evidence during an investigation involving forensics that's still pending.

But, what if the allegations turn out NOT to be true? Those who claim facts-already-there lose all credibility.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
occam.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can we stop arguing this already and just ignore this turd? We all know he's wrong, and there's no changing his mind. Come election day, he's gonna recede back to the moss covered, slug infested rock that he calls home. He's not worth our time anymore.

Reactions: Deleted User

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't know about
If these allegations turn out to be true, I will go from my current position of waiting-for-forensics to acknowledgement.
If these allegations turn out to be true, crimpshrine will go from his current position of facts-already-there to but-facts-were-already-there.

I can definitely live with that. It's never a good idea to jump to conclusions based on speculative evidence during an investigation involving forensics that's still pending.

But, what if the allegations turn out NOT to be true? Those who claim facts-already-there lose all credibility.

The only reason I continued with any of these responses was because I stated facts, and you responded that I was speculating.

Nothing I listed as fact was speculation.

And then when I asked you to debunk each fact you could not. You did not even attempt to illustrate how each item was speculation.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised you guys lasted this long.
Passion burns hot when it comes to politics. I'm even kicking myself, but I blame my desire to change minds. I have empathy, and want to see the best out of every person, but I still haven't learned the lesson that some people can't be saved.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't reply, @LumInvader. You're just feeding the troll at this point. Let him fizzle out like he deserves.
:rofl2:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm surprised you guys lasted this long.
This pandemic has increased my boredom 10 fold. Whereas before I'd only occasionally dabble in debates as a mental exercise, now I find myself entrenched in uncivilized debates about politics on a gaming website.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad to see you're enjoying your circle jerk of republican bad democrat good, its sweet when racist scum find other racist scum to jerk off with. Fun fact, Proud boys has more black members than Antifa.

Oh my bad, according to Joom and Biden they're just uncle tom's who aint really black coz they aint voting Biden.

Reactions: TheCasketMan

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see you're enjoying your circle jerk of republican bad democrat good, its sweet when racist scum find other racist scum to jerk off with. Fun fact, Proud boys has more black members than Antifa.

Oh my bad, according to Joom and Biden they're just uncle tom's who aint really black coz they aint voting Biden.
The Proud Boys are a far-right and neo-fascist male-only organization that promotes and engages in political violence in the United States and Canada. While the group officially rejects racism, several members have been affiliated with white supremacy and the Proud Boys have been described by United States intelligence organisations as "a dangerous white supremacist group".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boys

This is a hate group that wears clothing to associate itself with skinheads, orchestrates neo-Confederate rallies, helped organize the Unite the Right rally, and is violently opposed to Black Lives Matter. In fact, their main brand is arguably violence.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me? This guy is allowed to ad hom all over the thread but I get my message removed? Yeah, alright. Don't give these people confirmation, 'temp mods. You're only giving them fuel.

Switching gears for a little, what do you guys think of DC and Puerto Rico statehood?
I will repost what I said about this. I think both are deserving of statehood. It's really messed up that Peurto Rico can't vote in our elections, but they have to abide by US laws. It's also messed up that the citizens of DC can't get representation since they don't have a governor. So yes, give them statehood.

Last edited by Joom,
D

Deleted User

Excuse me? This guy is allowed to ad hom all over the thread but I get my message removed? Yeah, alright. Don't give these people confirmation, 'temp mods. You're only giving them fuel.

I will repost what I said about this. I think both are deserving of statehood. It's really messed up that Peurto Rico can't vote in our elections, but they have to abide by US laws. It's also messed up that the citizens of DC can't get representation since they don't have a governor. So yes, give them statehood.
same

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States

This is a hate group that wears clothing to associate itself with skinheads, orchestrates neo-Confederate rallies, helped organize the Unite the Right rally, and is violently opposed to Black Lives Matter. In fact, their main brand is arguably violence.
B-b-b-but, the leader is half Black and Cuban! There's no possible way they could be white supremacists because they have a self-loathing token at the head! It's so funny when racists get their feelings hurt for being called racist and it's all they can talk about for three days, and then they project their butthurt by going "NO U".

Oh, I forgot. One of the founding members, Gavin McInnes, thinks men shouldn't play video games and instead should go out and build a table. So anyone here who supports these guys is an embarrassment to their proud cause, and they're not men in their eyes.

Last edited by Joom,

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Imagine talking about being ad hominem when you're opening position was everyone who disagrees with me is racist. Your post was probably removed because of your blatant racism. "They vote differently to me, LOL those self hating black people, how dare they think for themselves! They should be enslaved on the democratic plantation forever" What a muppet.

Just because all the lefty sheep come in and back you up by liking your comment doesn't mean you're right. Antifa is literally a terrorist organisation as prescribed by the US gov. They've been rioting and looting for like 100 days, they've been murdering people in Denver and other states but you've got the gall to act like the proud boys are the bad people, once again, it has more black members than Antifa. Must really fuck with your lefty ideals.

I bet this hurts you too the core too. A strong independent black immigrant woman supporting Trump, your worst nightmare.

Last edited by Doran754,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)