Political Correctness kills Motorstorm in New Zealand.

antwill

Better Than You
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
MotorStorm: Apocalypse is an upcoming racing game that features buildings falling down all around you. In the wake of a devastating earthquake in the city of Christchurch, that's apparently resulted in the game no longer being released in New Zealand.

We've been told retailers began notifying pre-ordering customers yesterday, saying that while the decision has been made now out of respect for those affected by the earthquake — which has killed over 100 people — Sony may revisit the matter in the future when it's a bit less sensitive.

These reports have been made by customers, and have not yet been confirmed by Sony. We're reaching out to the publisher for confirmation, and will update if we hear back.

Source.

If this is true, this is rather stupid, it's a game after all.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you obviously didn't read the

"MotorStorm: Apocalypse is an upcoming racing game"
and
"features buildings falling down all around you. In the wake of a devastating earthquake in the city of Christchurch, that's apparently resulted in the game no longer being released in New Zealand."

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Delaying the release sounds perfectly acceptable given the circumstances. I would say it was more about public relations than political correctness.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm reminded of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_You_Like_a_Hurricane#Sport
QUOTE said:
In 2006, the song caused a controversy when used by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers cheerleaders in their halftime routine during a game against the New Orleans Saints. Some attending the game saw the song as being played in poor taste, given the extensive damage caused to New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
People are just looking for something to bitch at, because all humans are unhappy unless they're bitching at something.
Where's my Episode 3?

antwill

Better Than You
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Law said:
People are just looking for something to bitch at, because all humans are unhappy unless they're bitching at something.
Where's my Episode 3?
Gabe ate it, now get back on topic.
rofl.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jesus, really?

That's it. I'm working on a time machine to go back to the days of the SNES/Genesis/PS1/N64 where games just came out and didn't get so much hate.

People need to take some fucking steroids because it seems everybody is a pussy these days.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
That's the first time I've heard of a video game being cancelled due to a natural disaster... I get that the earthquake in New Zealand was devastating, but how does a video game featuring falling buildings have anything in relation to the tragic events of the earthquake? They might as well stop selling movies like 2012, hell even Inception, in New Zealand because of this.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Jesus, really?

That's it. I'm working on a time machine to go back to the days of the SNES/Genesis/PS1/N64 where games just came out and didn't get so much hate.

People need to take some fucking steroids because it seems everybody is a pussy these days.

It's always been this way. Either you were too young to realise during that era, or just weren't able to have a global view (Which now everybody has access to thanks to the Internet).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Jesus, really?

It's always been this way. Either you were too young to realise during that era, or just weren't able to have a global view (Which now everybody has access to thanks to the Internet).

Oh I know it's been like that for a while, but not THIS bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?