Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Polish president and 132 on board killed in plane crash in Russia

Source: http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCATRE6390NQ20100410
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...FCc2fdArySMvvng

SMOLENSK, Russia (Reuters) - Polish president Lech Kaczynski was feared dead after his plane crashed on approach to a Russian airport on Saturday, a Polish government official at the airport told Reuters.

Russian news agencies reported at least 87 people died in the crash near Smolensk airport in western Russia, citing the Russian Emergencies Ministry. They reported 132 people were aboard the Tupolev Tu-154.

Polish state news agency PAP said there were no survivors.

The Polish government official in Smolensk said there was no information about survivors. The crash occurred about 1.5 km (a mile) from Smolensk airport in foggy conditions.

The official said the head of the Polish army and the head of the presidential administration were also on board the plane, along with the president's wife and families of other senior officials.

"The plane caught fire after the crash. Teams began attempting to pull out passengers from the badly damaged airplane," said a Polish Foreign Ministry spokesman in Warsaw.

(Additional reporting by Robin Paxton and Maria Kiselyova in Moscow and Chris Borowski in Warsaw; writing by Robin Paxton; editing by Andrew Roche)

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Holy Shit Batman! My Political senses are tingling:
pwned.jpg

5%

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL...omg...

The constant groundshaking news is
blink.gif
. These past few weeks have been
blink.gif

Oh man...I wonder if this is the end of the snowball?

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Of course they are not. This plane crash was due to fog and trees on the way to the Katyn site for the memorial of when 22,000 Polish Officers were killed by the Russians in World War II.

90 people died, all officials, generals and miniters in Poland. The Prime Minister, Donald Tusk is now on the way to the Katyn site. Poland face a week of Mourning and in line with the constitution a new election will be held within the next few weeks. The Presidental Elections were due to be held in June.

It is really sad to hear this news and so unfortunate for Poland. My partner, she is Polish, and it is terrible news. She did not like Kaczynski, but she loved a few of those who have died today, and is still sad.

D

Deleted_171835

Wow.
What a dreadful week/month. Earthquakes, riots and now a president dying.
mellow.gif

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Small Update:

All countries who have relationships with Poland has either called or sent a letter. Canada has done so, but the only ones who have not is the American Government. Which is just sad you know? And lazy in a sense.

Putin is now on the way to the Katyn site, as well as a minister from Germany.

Putin will lead the investigation into this event. Russia are currently showing an aweful lot of support at this time.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just read this on BBC this evning...
Jesus Christ, tears were slowly going down my face.....

zeromac said:
pwned.jpg
That was a rude and a incredibly immature.
What if YOU died in a plane crash and somebody said that about you?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:

zeromac said:
pwned.jpg

He wouldn't care because he'd be dead?

Assassination

暗殺者Lv25
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:

zeromac said:
pwned.jpg

Youre right, that wasnt cool man.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kicknhorse said:
Small Update:

All countries who have relationships with Poland has either called or sent a letter. Canada has done so, but the only ones who have not is the American Government. Which is just sad you know? And lazy in a sense.

Putin will lead the investigation into this event. Russia are currently showing an aweful lot of support at this time.
I'm sure Russia is showing support. Is that the same Putin who poisoned a dissident in the UK with polonium. The same Russia that what threating Poland a few month ago. The same Russia that ran all over Georgia killing civilians and illegally annexing two provinces. I wouldn't be surprised if Putin ordered the plane sabotaged. Of course the Russians will conduct a very exhaustive investigation.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shit has been hitting the fan everywhere from the UK to even Thailand and the US.

WTF is going on, this seems to be the week of tragedy.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
kicknhorse said:
Small Update:

I'm sure Russia is showing support. Is that the same Putin who poisoned a dissident in the UK with polonium. The same Russia that what threating Poland a few month ago. The same Russia that ran all over Georgia killing civilians and illegally annexing two provinces. I wouldn't be surprised if Putin ordered the plane sabotaged. Of course the Russians will conduct a very exhaustive investigation.

That's just sick. I cannot believe you would say such things. You know, you can look into things a bit more.

The only thing I will say right now is that the Georgian attack was not unprovoked. This was following issues that had been going on for over 20 years, following ignorance of Russian citizens in Georgia.

I guess only America would think such things. Your president cannot even be bothered to send a message to Poland, like all other countries have you know.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kicknhorse said:
Pliskron said:
kicknhorse said:
Small Update:

That's just sick. I cannot believe you would say such things. You know, you can look into things a bit more.

The only thing I will say right now is that the Georgian attack was not unprovoked. This was following issues that had been going on for over 20 years, following ignorance of Russian citizens in Georgia.

I guess only America would think such things. Your president cannot even be bothered to send a message to Poland, like all other countries have you know.
Our president did call Poland... About 3min after this thread was posted. Why do so many people have stuff against Russia?

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Who cares if we sent a letter or phoned or not? It doesn't fucking matter. There's more pressing issues (such as Poland itself) than to think of the US sending a letter to Poland. It's not a big deal. All the countries that did send a letter probably all said the same thing anyway.

As for Poland, I'm not sure how the people feel about politics, or really anything about the country. It is sad to see their president die, though, no doubt about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"