Policenauts PSX Translation Project.....

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by HitBattousai, Jul 4, 2008.

Jul 4, 2008
  1. HitBattousai
    OP

Newcomer HitBattousai Member

United States
    Sorry this is somewhat contrary to the NDS section, but figured it applied better here than the normal Playstation discussion section. There's been an on-going project for years now to translate Policenauts(the sequel to Snatcher on Sega CD) for the PSX, and the team has been in an almost-finished status for a while now. The translation itself is finished, however, they apparently only have one guy doing most of the programming, and he's often busy so the project has remained at that almost-finished state, with the principal issue left being some of the text implementation supposedly. They've put out feelers for programmers at a few prominent hacking locations, but I'm not sure if they've tried here, so thought I'd mention it if anyone's interested. The main page is here: http://policenauts.net/english/ and the project status thread itself is here: http://forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6

2. HitBattousai
    OP

United States
    One shameless bump, and that'll be all [​IMG]

3. Rod

Member Rod GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Good lord, I've just woken up a few minutes before, and this already made my day. [​IMG]

I just hope that Konami doesn't do a C&D while they're at it. Let's get our hopes up! The Western world NEEDS Policenauts!

4. Kyusuke

Newcomer Kyusuke Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Sequel to Snatcher? I know the gameplay style is similar if not, the same as Snatcher but I can't see it being a sequel to the game =/

5. HitBattousai
    OP

United States
    Well, technically it's a prequel, I misspoke. It, Metal Gear, and Snatcher are all supposedly set(very loosely) in the same universe. Storyline-wise, it is different from Snatcher.

6. HitBattousai
    OP

United States