Pokkén Tournament announced for Wii U for Spring 2016

spring-2016-pokken-656x369.jpg

Today The Pokemon Company have announced that Pokemon fighting game, Pokkén Tournament is coming to the West for the WiiU in 2016.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Watched through the invitational footage and while it looks neat my hype certainly cooled down a notch. A handfull playable characters, unbalanced supports and most likely hella expensive. Prolly gonna wait for a used copy unless they increase the available roster without forcing it upon the customer through DLC.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Looks fun, and great to finally have confirmation that it's getting localized. I'll definitely have to pick this up, and switch between it and Smash 4 when I play multiplayer.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Watched through the invitational footage and while it looks neat my hype certainly cooled down a notch. A handfull playable characters, unbalanced supports and most likely hella expensive. Prolly gonna wait for a used copy unless they increase the available roster without forcing it upon the customer through DLC.
Let's not forget the 'amiibo Support' but hopefully it's just like in Smash.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hopefully it's not like in smash. Hopefully its like in Mario Kart 8.
If that was the case then Nintendo would've made the suits available in MK8/YWW. So, yeah, don't get too excited about this physical DLC bs.

Amiiqo is the only way to unlock them all without spending ridiculous amounts of money.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If that was the case then Nintendo would've made the suits available in MK8/YWW. So, yeah, don't get too excited about this physical DLC bs.

Amiiqo is the only way to unlock them all without spending ridiculous amounts of money.
Or you are being like a regular person and don't give a sh*t about optional cosmetics.
Hiding the best fighter AI behind a paywall on the other hand is something different.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they add a Magikarp to the roster I'd be shitting my pants laughing I mean the only two moves Magikarp knows in the main games (til it evovles) are splash and tackle

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's not forget the 'amiibo Support' but hopefully it's just like in Smash.
I took Amiibos into consideration but unlocking characters aside which would be highly unlikely to begin with, i didn't see anything major. The smash route is the most valible option and as such pretty worthless.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online over nps is the only reason you'd want wifi
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued