Pokkén Tournament Launches Exclusively for Wii U on March 18

0._mainvisual_with_logo_CMYK_300dpi_webready.jpg

Nintendo News: Pokkén Tournament Launches Exclusively for Wii U on March 18.
Pokkén Tournament, the upcoming game that lets players battle as prized Pokémon in fighting arenas, will launch exclusively for Wii U on March 18 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. Pokkén Tournament brings high-definition game play and over-the-top action to never-before-seen battles between some of the most recognizable Pokémon characters.

People that buy the first production run version of the game will also receive a special Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card, which can be tapped to the Wii U GamePad controller to unlock the Shadow Mewtwo playable character in the game.

Pokkén Tournament brings high-definition game play and over-the-top action to never-before-seen battles between some of the most recognizable Pokémon characters.

:arrow:Pokkén Tournament Official Site

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means in terms of the consoles, it obviously won't be on the xbone or ps4, or PC for that matter
Kinda defeats the point of calling something "exclusive". That's like saying Shenmue 3 is exclusively for PS4, even though I backed it to play on PC. They better keep their word on that.

Anyways sorry to derail.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda defeats the point of calling something "exclusive". That's like saying Shenmue 3 is exclusively for PS4, even though I backed it to play on PC. They better keep their word on that.

Anyways sorry to derail.

I understand what you're saying, but most people don't buy themselves arcade units, and view arcade games (in situations like this) as sampling the home version out in the wild. Realistically, the only way that most people are going to own this game is exclusively on the Wii U.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If the price in europe is gonna be 40€ at launch, I might buy it. After I evaluate if it deserve the money.
And how much do we want to bet that there's gonna be some features only avaiable if you buy some new Pokèmon amiibos?

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This i will buy at launch. And they say only on the wiiu to let people know it wont be on the wii or 3ds.
Samething halo 5 did on the xbox one.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Twilight Princess HD and Pokkén Tournament during the same month? Whoever's in charge of the release dates isn't doing a very good job

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I want the Pokken controller!!!
What's so interesting about it?

I asked via email to Hori Europe what the price would be (ended up being £19.99 on Amazon UK) and that it should cost less because it doesn't even have a single analogue stick which would be useful considering the game's in 2.5D and 3D. The only benefit it has over the others is that it's wired but that's about it. He didn't quite told me what made the controller a must other than "it's the proper way to play Pokkén Tournament".

The PR guy also linked me to the image below but again, that's for an arcade machine not a gaming console and one should not really merge the two fanbases together because they like to play with different controllers.

Pokk%C3%A9n-Tournament-Arcade-Controller-4.jpg

Reactions: cvskid and KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1