PokeSAV Windows Source?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Rhyke, May 2, 2007.

May 2, 2007

PokeSAV Windows Source? by Rhyke at 8:47 PM (1,396 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Rhyke
    OP

Newcomer Rhyke Member

United States
    I have seen people offer to port it to Mac if they got the windows source. Anyone have, or know where I can get, the source for PokeSAV so this person can work his magic and bring it to us godless Mac heathens?

2. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Seen... People?

Don't you mean 'Seen Hank Chill'. [​IMG]

3. H8TR

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Not happening. If you can't speak Japanese, no point. The creator, COM, only speaks Japanese. The person who translates it, GSD just edits it. I doubt he has any source code.

4. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    such an application is no more than a few C commands packed into a straightforward interface. No offense here, my point is that, and I talk by experience, with a powerfull disassembler (like IDA pro) you can extract the critical part of the code in an easy way. And at some low level, asm dump IS C source, it justs lacks variable names, but it is no more difficult than making an action replay cheat....
    If you want some pointers, I could provide you the asm dump of the binary.

5. FierceDeityLink1

Newcomer FierceDeityLink1 Advanced Member

It runs under Crossover if it happens to be an Intel Mac, but I guess this isn't the case...

EDIT: whoops, saw the other thread (I don't know why there's two, but oh well).

6. Rhyke
    OP

Newcomer Rhyke Member

United States
    Yeah. There are two threads to keep this organized.
    I understand extracting the core code, I just can't do anything from where I sit.
    Hmm...
    The whole Japanese thing is no /huge/ problem. I know some, but not much. Not much at all. Hmm... Even COOLER would be a program runnable on the DS directly, as homebrew. Hm.
    *crawls off into a corner to think*