PokeSAV Windows Source?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Rhyke, May 2, 2007.

1. Rhyke
    OP

Rhyke Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2006
    United States
    I have seen people offer to port it to Mac if they got the windows source. Anyone have, or know where I can get, the source for PokeSAV so this person can work his magic and bring it to us godless Mac heathens?

2. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    Seen... People?

Don't you mean 'Seen Hank Chill'. [​IMG]

3. H8TR

H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    Canada
    t-Dot
    Not happening. If you can't speak Japanese, no point. The creator, COM, only speaks Japanese. The person who translates it, GSD just edits it. I doubt he has any source code.

4. deufeufeu

deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    such an application is no more than a few C commands packed into a straightforward interface. No offense here, my point is that, and I talk by experience, with a powerfull disassembler (like IDA pro) you can extract the critical part of the code in an easy way. And at some low level, asm dump IS C source, it justs lacks variable names, but it is no more difficult than making an action replay cheat....
    If you want some pointers, I could provide you the asm dump of the binary.

5. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    It runs under Crossover if it happens to be an Intel Mac, but I guess this isn't the case...

EDIT: whoops, saw the other thread (I don't know why there's two, but oh well).

6. Rhyke
    OP

Rhyke Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2006
    United States
    Yeah. There are two threads to keep this organized.
    I understand extracting the core code, I just can't do anything from where I sit.
    Hmm...
    The whole Japanese thing is no /huge/ problem. I know some, but not much. Not much at all. Hmm... Even COOLER would be a program runnable on the DS directly, as homebrew. Hm.
    *crawls off into a corner to think*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice