Pokesav trouble with English HG/SS

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by NickAxel, Mar 13, 2010.

Mar 13, 2010
  1. NickAxel
    OP

Newcomer NickAxel Member

United States
    I've downloaded the latest version of Pokesav (v.03) and tried inputting codes into my english SS game. The first code I tried to activate was an ID code, but whenever I input L and R, nothing seems to happen. After that I tried to use actual Pokemon codes, and created a Sav'd team of 6 for my game. However, whenever I activate the codes, I can't even boot up the game. The screen just goes white after I select it in my menu. I downloaded an HG Rom and the same thing has been occurring. I'm using an Edge V 1.8, and ever since I updated my firmware to 1.8 in order to play SS and HG in English, Sav hasn't been working even for my Japanese Rom. Can I get a little help here as to how to fix this?

2. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    The rules state that you should not mention how to obtain roms, including where you've got yours from. Please don't do this again.

3. KazoWAR

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The codes will not work. IIRC, each version of a game uses different offsets for stuff, pokesav will need to be updated in order to use the output AR function with the U ROMs.

4. NickAxel
    OP

Newcomer NickAxel Member

United States
    but according to my friend who uses Heart Gold and another that uses Soul Silver, Sav works perfectly fine for them! My HG friend used sav to spawn a Teddiursa. And I'm sorry Dice, I didn't intentionally mean to break the rules, I promise I won't do that again

5. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    They must have edited the sav file directly because Kazo is right, PokeSav 0.3a is just a translated version of the Japanese PokeSav which was designed for the JPN release way back when. Since the JPN and the US releases have different game IDs, the output of AR codes won't work. Try it on a clean JAP release, and it'll work. We have to wait for COM to update PokeSav.

6. NickAxel
    OP

Newcomer NickAxel Member

United States
    Hmm...that's rather strange. I just asked him about it and he said that he uses the "newest version" of Pokesav as well as an identical HG rom. As far as I know, he doesn't know how to directly modify the sav either. But this PokeSav used to work on my old Semi-translated Japanese SS Rom, but now it doesn't work for it either. Could it possibly be my EDGE's firmware?

7. xbrosss

Newcomer xbrosss Advanced Member

United States
    no, it's not firmware, you should directly edit your .SAV (by opening it onto pokesav, editing what you need and then clicking SAVE button) after that, replace the sav you got on your flashcard with the new one (back it up in case something goes wrong)

8. smartguy_alec

Newcomer smartguy_alec Advanced Member

Philippines
    hmmm... there's something weird about my sav file of HG, it registers as 0 byte in size instead of 512. Hence, the pokesav app can't open it... I can still play the sav file though...

9. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Hm thanks to the Official US retail release of HGSS, ProjectPokemon has updated PokeSav 0.3a to have US AR output codes. So just redownload PokeSav and you should be able to use your AR codes fine.