Pokesav Confusion

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Outermon, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Outermon
    OP

Outermon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2004
    United States
    Ok, Pokemon Diamond was boring enough to defeat the first time, i just like playing online. I don't feel like defeating it for a second time on my DS-X. So i tried Pokesav.

I found lots of different "tutorials" on this site (from google) and even one on the DS-X official site (it had been there since yesterday, just got closed today). Many of these tutorials have information that outright contradict each other.

Now, if someone who actually owns a DS-X and actually got Pokesav to work properly could please give me a step by step guide on how to do this, I would appreciate it very much.

2. KirbyPink

KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2006
    Gbatemp
  3. Outermon
    OP

Outermon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2004
    United States
    Wow, thanks KirbyPink. I have it working perfectly now.

4. KirbyPink

KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2006
    Gbatemp
    Don´t get your hopes up tough. So far it´s only got my save files corrupted.
    But, maybe if you use a filetrimmer to remove the start of it so it can be uncromppsed.

These are new instructions so listen carefully.

Copy and make a backup of your current save file.
    Open a file trimmer and open the Pokemon save file.
    Now trim the first 24KB of the save file and save what´s left.
    Save the file as Pokemon.gz so it becomes a zip file.
    Now, unzip that zip file and load THAT new unzipped UNCOMPRESSed file.

If my theory is correct it should work.

5. Outermon
    OP

Outermon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2004
    United States
    Well, i got it to work without corrupting. It currupted because i made a mistake (i forgot to switch the save size from 512 to 256), and I was even able to restore my backup.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice