pokesav and G6 Lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by juggernaut911, Mar 15, 2008.

Mar 15, 2008

pokesav and G6 Lite by juggernaut911 at 8:27 PM (1,355 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. juggernaut911
    OP

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    I cant seem to get my Pokemon Diamond saves to stay hacked when I put them back on my G6. When I load Diamond, it loads the save before the hacked one!

IE: I hack a save the previously had the following: NAME: BOB MONEY: 3000 POKEMON's GENDER (starter): FEMALE
    i change those to:
    JIMBO - 20000 - MALE

now when I save the hack and then eject my G6 and load Diamond, it loads the first values. WTF!

Anyone know what the dealio is?

2. Tenement Funster

Newcomer Tenement Funster Member

United States
    Are you saying you have both the hacked AND normal save on the G6... simultaneously? That'd most likely be the problem.

3. slayerspud

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Save the game on diamond. Turn off. Turn back on and let it write the data. Use pokesav. Save. Done.

4. juggernaut911
    OP

United States
    i dont understand your steps, slayerspud.

let me re-explain

I am using Diamond as a ROM on my G6 and I would get to a pokemon center or something, save my game, turn off my NDS, put my G6 on my computer, and open up the default used .0 save file (512kb) in pokesav. I would edit as I see necessary, then save the .0 file, and when Diamond loads, it is as if nothing happened since the pokemon center.

5. juggernaut911
    OP

United States
    any help? does anyone here use pokesav with G6 Lite? what options did you use to write pokemon diamond (U)? I just said for the manager to write (default)

thnx in advance

EDIT:

I found a solution! I found a similar topic in the maxconsole forum (gay) and the poster had the same trouble. the reply said that the m3 backs up your game save when you turn it off (i guess protection) so knowing m3 and G6 and like brothers i followed his advice and played another game real quick to get rid of the backup pokemon. IT WORKED!!!!

BASICALLY: play a different game at some point between the saving the pokemon game for the final time until next hack is desired and boot of pokemon with the pimped save, you must boot any other game (i only tried PW:AA) to my the firmware forget the pokemon backup restore so the new save will come into effect! [​IMG]

6. Thanubis

Banned Thanubis Banned

United States
  7. juggernaut911
    OP

United States
    so when i play it again, it'll have nothing in the SRAM that has a lick to do with Diamond?

8. Thanubis

Banned Thanubis Banned

United States
  9. Quillz

Newcomer Quillz Newbie

United States
    Wow... I'm so glad I found this topic. My G6 Lite was driving me crazy, as it wasn't saving any of my Pokemon Diamond edits I was making in Pokesav. I didn't know about this whole SRAM issue. Thanks so much for the help!