Pokesav 0.6 won't let me edit a Truant Durant

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Ivan_x3000, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Ivan_x3000
    OP

Ivan_x3000 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    Wollongong, New South Wales
    I've been trying to use Pokesav to get some pokemon too great success as i've been able to get through Pokemon Bank on a shiny 6IV Terrakion and 6IV Kyurem. What i could not do is get a truant Durant. Every time i edit Durant with Truant it only comes up as hustle in game. Can someone help me? I don't get it

2. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Use PokeGen, not that piece of garbage.

3. Ivan_x3000
    OP

Ivan_x3000 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    Pokegen's so confusing the whole /ffff/fff//fff thing and how do i get the right secret ID and normal id??

4. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Just use PokeGen, it'll make your life a lot easier.
    Use a trash byte fixer for "the whole \ffff\ffff thing"

5. Ivan_x3000
    OP

Ivan_x3000 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks guys does anyone know where i can find legit .pkmn files?

6. Essometer

Essometer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Enger
    Just us PokeGTS, download the .pkmn file and import it through PokeGen.

7. jm_plata

jm_plata Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Mexico
    google PokeStock last version have better tools that pokegen and its easy to use

8. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    If you don't know what trash bytes are, I'm really surprised you were able to pass PokeBank with your hacks.
    Seriously, just use Pokegen. It handles everything SO much better, including valid PID generation.

Of course, the best way would be to not cheat. Just take the normal 5 hours to breed the Durant for flawless IVs and EV train it.

9. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    >Implying it only takes 5 hours
    >Implying it would ever be perfect
    >Implying the game doesn't auto-screw you by design

Six generations of games and I've still yet to see a shiny, except for the one AZ gets at the end of pokemon X. Your argument couldn't be more invalid.

10. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    You must have done something to piss off the RNG Gods to have never seen a randomly-encountered wild shiny in any of the 5 generations of Pokemon that had them. Remember that shinies came about in Gen 2 and FR/LG count as Gen 3. :P

11. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Ever really tried to do the math behind it?

There's a 1 in 8 chance for an ideal gender with any given pokemon encounter or egg hatching (fucking gender ratios).
    1 in 32 for the odds of a given IV being perfect, multiplied exponentially for each additional that you want perfect. So, (1:32)^6.
    1 in 8192 for a shiny
    1 in 25 for any given gender.

By that math, (1:8)*(1:32)^6*(1:8192)*(1:25) gets you an odds of 1 in 439,804,651,110,400 for one perfect pokemon.

And you'd have to do that now, 718 times for Generation Six.

Little wonder people hack with odds like those.

12. turbeauke

turbeauke Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2013
    Netherlands
    Luckily the new breeding system takes out most of the IV and Nature problems, the shiny chance is increased a lot using the Masuda Method and a shiny sharm.
    It will still take time, but tons less.

13. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Which you still can't do for more than a third of that dex. And which never worked favorably for me.

14. Hozu

Hozu GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2010
    Canada
    Uh, if you're going to use math as an argument for being lazy, at least do the math correctly. Since you're breeding, you'll be inheriting 3 IVs from the parents, or 5 if a parent has Destiny Knot (6th gen). Meaning they're not random like you stated. And that perfect SpAtk IV is going to do so much for your physically-attacking Durant, right?

Shiny Charm + MM makes the chance for shiny for B/W2 eggs to be 8 times less, so 1/1024. As if being shiny has any impact on battling. 6th gen has confirmed to have double the base shiny rate, but I don't know of any data for testing either MM or Shiny Charm rate increases.

1/25 for gender? Pretty sure you mean nature. Which is 1/1 if one parent has an Everstone. Used to be 1/2 from Emerald to B/W1.

You forgot ability, which is 50/50 normally, or 20/20/60 for HA. But it's 20/80 in favour of the mother's ability for non-HA as of B/W2.

Gender has very little impact, but even at 1:7 (do you even ratio?) it's not something that will take forever. The only non-aesthetic (read: competitive) argument you could have for that ratio is for Vespiquen.

It sure sounds like the reason it never worked out for you is because you don't even try - you just take your shortcuts. The odds you've stated are flat-out wrong.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but don't spread wrong information as part of your argument for cheating in a children's video game.

15. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    I did try chaining. Never worked.

two weeks of breeding normally and I couldn't even get ONE IV up to where I wanted it, much less a five or six IV that these youtube tutorials claim.

chaining in the grass for poke radar? not once could I ever even get a desirable pokemon to show up, much less a shiny. Even when looking for more 'rustly' grass, the game ALWAYS forced me into an encounter with something else and forced the chain to reset. And this has been going on since the pokeradar was even a thing in Gen 4, which across the various generations I hated with a passion.

You also can't import the shiny charm over from gen 5... it's a *key* item... and thus no pokemon can take it to another game for you.

16. Hozu

Hozu GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2010
    Canada
    Complete the national dex to get the Shiny Charm. Just like in B/W2. You probably have Powersaves so it will be easy for you to do that. Also, quit using parents with shitty IVs. As long as you do that you'll never get what you want.

17. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Problem is, the game by design itself is irritatingly obtuse with measuring the ivy's and the eevees. Even in gen 6 with that super training meter thing, ti still doesn't outright tell you.

The only way I was ever able to keep track of it was with codes on the DStwo that enabled toggling to see the numbers behind the ivies and eevees.

Then again, I hate having to keep track of that crap to begin with. I didn't want to care... but fucking smogon and the GTS forced me to care. Why? Because on my real black 2 cart, I put up my zekrom for trade for a reshiram and it was never fulfilled. On my DStwo copy, I cloned a snivy I tripped into a shiny and got a legendary request fulfilled inside of 15 minutes. So the amount of smogon snobs end up deliberately keeping me from ever completing the dex.

18. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I'm just gonna mention RNG abusing and leave.
    With Black and White being so good for abusing and EV training, 5 hours is conservative, and more in line with my shiny flawless Alakazam and Medicham from Emerald.

19. Ivan_x3000
    OP

Ivan_x3000 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    Guys i solved the problem last week, pokesav has an error in its writing. Pokesav wrote truant under "hustle" and hustle under "truant".