Homebrew Poker Odds calculator

masteralbert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a poker odds calculator for ds? This can be incredibly handy when playing a tournament with friends to check how your cards hold up. I searched a bit on the internet but didn't find any. It shouldn't be hard to program one, anyone?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recall something in the early days but it was for 5 card draw rather than texas hold 'em (I assume that is what you mean by poker).
It was very crude as well (hardcoded for single or two decks only as I recall), no option for noting specific cards (I use my foot anyway), definitely no remaining cards option......

On the other hand if you just want a simple one why not just use a image viewer and get a picture of an odds chart. Something like comic book DS (CBDS) would be perfect as you could have multiple images depending on the game type and it is designed for zooming/reading sections.

If you want to go really crude the actual maths is not that bad if you assume things such the cards held by the others are not those you want, deck size = 52* number or decks - ( number of rounds X number or people X number of cards per hand + number of cards in play).
You can stack chips in certain ways/ move your feet to aid your memory if you want as well.

I will say though many places have rules against help from machines (and this sort of thing would definitely count) so be very careful where you use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs