Homebrew Pokemover Alternative

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have PokeBank legit, and Gen 5/6 carts why can't you just use the regular PokeTransporter? It's free. Not sure if it would recognize the Flashcart ROMS or not but the twlsavetool can be used if it can't. I only use PHBank as a backup of a backup so to speak.

Last edited by Majickhat55,
D

Deleted User

If you have PokeBank legit, and Gen 5/6 carts why can't you just use the regular PokeTransporter? It's free. Not sure if it would recognize the Flashcart ROMS or not but the twlsavetool can be used if it can't. I only use PHBank as a backup of a backup so to speak.
when did pokebank go free?

D

Deleted User

Last time I used the transporter it bitched at me to pay, but this was like.. 2 years ago when it came out

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The transporter is an extension of the PokemonBank and needs a subscription to be used in tandem. You pay $5 for PokemonBank and can use the Gen 5 transporter for nothing. So yes, technically the transporter is free if you have a subscription to the bank. Which most people do if they play Pokemon regularly considering $5/annually is nothing. I was just asking the OP IF he has a sub to the legit bank, why wasn't he using the official transporter for his legit Gen 5 game...... That's what it was made for Lol

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Using PKHeX is already extremely straight-forward and easy.
Why use A9LH when using MSET is already straight-forward and easy? Why hack DSiWare Mode when we already have DS flashcarts?
The answer is simple: it can be done even easier, and it's definitely possible to do this so why not?

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Using PKHeX is already extremely straight-forward and easy.
Alright, I may have not made myself clear. If it was possible to make a homebrew application that loaded your Gen5 DS cart, picked some pokémon, temporarily saved them, then asked you to remove that cart and insert a Gen6 one, loading the saved pokémon into a box, it would be straight-forward and easy.
And when I say "straight-forward", the idea is avoiding having to switch between 3DS and PC to transfer them. I'm not saying it isn't easy already (I've done it quite a few times, really not hard at all), I'm just saying it could probably be easier.

Then again, this is just a thought, an idea. I don't mind keeping what we have already if it works (that's why I still have a 3DS with RxTools setup).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why use A9LH when using MSET is already straight-forward and easy? Why hack DSiWare Mode when we already have DS flashcarts?
The answer is simple: it can be done even easier, and it's definitely possible to do this so why not?
A9LH has a lot of advantages over MSET and other entry points. It also has a lot more of a demand for numerous reasons. Using PKHex to import/export Pokémon is about as simple as it gets, it has advantages over something like the natural way, and there's virtually no demand for something else. That's why it is not being done. That, and it's going to be anything but easy, if even possible, to create.

If you want a program that's going to be more convoluted and less effective than the PKHex method, in addition to being quite the hassle to create, you make one. Developers are unlikely to see this as at all worth the time and effort.

tl;dr: There's already an easy way to transfer Pokémon using PKHex. Use it. You're probably only going to do it once or twice anyway.

Last edited by Lacius,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
$5 to support Nintendo's servers may not sound like a bad deal, however $5 for something which has zero technical reason to be done online is a very shitty return on investment...
but with the free shop people want to get every thing on their hacked 3ds for free

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$5 to support Nintendo's servers may not sound like a bad deal, however $5 for something which has zero technical reason to be done online is a very shitty return on investment...
Agreed but $5 is literally one way bus fare where I live. If you can afford a 3DS etc etc etc.... Is it really worth a return investment anyway? And I thought the $5 was for server storage since the pokemon are tied to your NNID, and can be accessed on another unhacked system with a transfer etc. I don't think PHBank stores them serverside does it? It just gives you a backup of your save in case of corruption. Just saying $5 a year isn't really worth splitting hairs, people lose more than that in pocket change annually.

That and the service does EXACTLY what the OP wants (besides Flashcart ROM loading, since I don't have one I don't know if the official app would recognise it).

Reactions: Seakay

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its not done locally to allow hackchecking (at least rudimentary) and prevent you from easily manipulating bank data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16