ROM Hack Pokemon XY ORAS rom hacking help?

EternalSeekerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,

I just signed up on this forum so I do not know if this is the correct sub-forum to post. I am thinking of picking up a 3DS (I can get either a N3DS XL or an older one from gamestop) and I want to mod the pokemon games. I am a big fan of modding such as changing accuracy of moves, level up moves etc. My questions all assume I get the right 3DS with a system firmware<9.2.

1). If I dump the rom using a 3DS gateway (which cost 75 bucks in Canada) can I use the dump rom to play online?
2). If its possible to play online, does that means I can play mod hacks of ORAS or XY online as well?

The thing is i usually play on emulators and I have favorite attacks and abilities but there not on my usual favorite Pokemon so modding allows me to do so. If I can't play online or get a 3ds with firmware<9.2 then would I have to resort to save editors such as pkhex? If so is there anyway to use them on firmware>9.2?

Thanks

Last edited by EternalSeekerX,

jackhiggins138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can use the rom online but it would act like a normal rom ( your changes wouldn't take place in online battles etc )
PKHeX is just a save editor , so you wont be able to "rom hack" using it

EternalSeekerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can use the rom online but it would act like a normal rom ( your changes wouldn't take place in online battles etc )

Okay but pkhex pokemon can be used online right? I have seen like hackmon videos and they were playing on ORAS so I assume that's what they do? I guess I can get a mega salamence and give it no gaurd with my favourite moves or something. Pkhex will probably allow me to have a legit team to use for competitive and then hackmons for just messing around. Also so during online are the calculations done server side? Maybe thats why they won't show up?

jackhiggins138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay but pkhex pokemon can be used online right? I have seen like hackmon videos and they were playing on ORAS so I assume that's what they do? I guess I can get a mega salamence and give it no gaurd with my favourite moves or something. Pkhex will probably allow me to have a legit team to use for competitive and then hackmons for just messing around. Also so during online are the calculations done server side? Maybe thats why they won't show up?

hacked mons as in created on PKHeX can be used online if they're legal. so no huge power slaking . you can however use those pokemon in offline battles (so playing with IRL friends)

D

Deleted User

If two people happened to use the same exact pokemon rom online. Do you think the changes would revert and act like a normal rom as well? Or do you think they will stick since both people are using the same game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap.