Gaming Pokemon X/Y - What Did I Miss?

Kenneth196

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

So I havent played a Pokemon game since... the days of Pokemon Ruby on GBA (I would tote my GBA:SP around everywhere).

Being 25 years old now, I havent played (or watched a Pokemon show) in forever. But I recently received a 3DS as a gift and would like to relive my kiddy days.

Long story short.. can you guys fill me in on anything I've missed or should know before I play X or Y? I know a little bit about EV training so I"ll need to do some reading up on that. Are battles still 1-on-1/2-on-2 or can there be more pokemon in a battle? How's wi-fi battling (well you normally only battle people with level 100 pokemon with maxed EV stats)?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now there are the Mega-evolutions, it's like an evolution that only happens during battle.
You will need the specific mega-stone for that pokémon and equip it in your poke to mega-evolve.
Here are all the mega-evolutions:
http://www.serebii.net/xy/megaevolutions.shtml

There are triple and rotative battles.

Triple Battle:

Rotative Battle:

TMs are not consumed after using them anymore.

You can now trade pokemon online trough a friend or GTS
where you can search for the pokémon you want or deposit one
and ask to receive another specific one.
You can also use wonder trade, where you can trade any pokémon you want,
and you will receive a random pokémon given by someone else that is also wonder trading

You can battle online with friends or at
Now there is a thing called Battle spot, where you can battle a random person in two differerent modes.

There is a thing called Super Training that makes EV training quite easy.

Breeding now is a lot easier, you can pass the IV of the parents to the breeded pokémon by using Destiny Knot equiped in one of them.
Now both the father and the mother can pass egg moves. You can pass the ability of the parent by making it hold an everstone.

There is a thing called friend safari, where you can catch up to three different pokémons
of a specific type by every friend you have in your friend list that have pokemon x or y.
Friend Safari Pokémons always have at the minimun 2 IVs maxed.
In friend Safari, you can find pokémons with their hidden abilities, something you can't normally.
The hidden abilities can also be passed by breeding.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it'd be best to find out on your own by playing it, rather than reading it. It all looks and reads like droll Pokemon bullshit, but plays better than it looks.

Its still Pokemon. If you like Pokemon of old, you'll likely enjoy the prettied up and refined version now. Look on eBay and you can find a digital version for $28

Reactions: Kenneth196

Kenneth196

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. That list is super extensive. Thanks! Looking forward to the mega evolutions and rotative battles!!

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: Kenneth196

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.